Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Commander Keene posted:

The 8BitDo Pro 2 and Ultimate controllers also have a PC and mobile app that allows you to remap all the buttons (including the back paddles) and even mess with analog dead zones for the sticks/triggers.

I constantly have the back paddles remapped to the stick click functions so I never have to mess around with those. Very useful, imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
I wonder if they'd ever consider a splatoon game for system launch

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Looper posted:

Metroid prime remastered....2!!!

Super Metroid remake in the aesthetic style of Links Awakening remake.

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

Wow, Mario 64 came out a year after Mario World 2.

You can hear the Castle theme from Mario 64 in Donkey Kong Country 3, Wrinkly Kong is playing it one of the save areas. It blew my mind when I found that out 20 years later.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ExcessBLarg! posted:

Good news! The games that benefit from inverted controls are the exact ones that play better on a Steam Deck anyways.

totk doesnt run on my steam dekc but tahnkfully i can invert controls on both it and my switch

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Wasn't Splatoon 3 a crazy sales success?

It's really fun, but I'm not great at it.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

WHY BONER NOW posted:

They might get away with it in the Japanese market. In late 2022 you could not spend more than maybe 5 minutes on some trains in Tokyo without seeing at least one Splatoon 3 ad. Usually there would be 3-4 during even a relatively short train ride.
If they do launch a Switch 2 in late 2024 a Splatoon 4 could at least make some sense for early 2025.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Finally finished Blasphemous thanks to the LP restarting my interest. Well, the final canon ending they added on DLC that is, technically I still have to finish one more NG+ for the final Penance, a secret skin I missed cause they added it on the last DLC and apparently clearing all Boss Rushes on S+ rank on all difficulties (hahahaha no).

Now I'm ready for Blasphemous 2 (next sale).

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Now I'm ready for Blasphemous 2 (next sale).

you just missed it on sale :( it's real good, i'm playing through it again

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

abelwingnut posted:

so with all of these switch 2 leaks, it sure seems like something’s coming soon. but i have no idea what its launch titles could be.

Xenoblade Chronicles X 2
Octopath Traveler 3
Mario Kart 8 DX Ultimate
A digital store that doesn't carry over Switch purchases
Silksong
Yoshi Commits Tax Fraud
Some new 3D Mario game
Tears of the Kingdom HD

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
Yoshi vs. IRS HD

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I wasn't aware the Switch has a button remapping function but I'm glad someone has made it work for them

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Having to remap buttons is technically a skill issue.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Such is life

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

abelwingnut posted:

so with all of these switch 2 leaks, it sure seems like something’s coming soon. but i have no idea what its launch titles could be.

we just got a new mario, a new zelda, and, i think, a new pokémon. i don’t feel like metroid is popular enough to carry the launch.

is it just going to be mario kart 9 and some random other stuff? metroid prime 4 and the other mp remastered? not really sure what nintendo can do here.

Metroid
3D Mario
Some weird new IP.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

The only one that really messed me up was XB 2 putting your menus on start and the map on the top face button and the map has a tiny load it has to do if you hit it by accident.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

abelwingnut posted:

we just got a new mario, a new zelda, and, i think, a new pokémon. i don’t feel like metroid is popular enough to carry the launch.

is it just going to be mario kart 9 and some random other stuff? metroid prime 4 and the other mp remastered? not really sure what nintendo can do here.

Would be nice if they finally gave us a new F-Zero game*

*well besides that 99 players one

Evil Fluffy posted:

Xenoblade Chronicles X 2
Octopath Traveler 3
Mario Kart 8 DX Ultimate
A digital store that doesn't carry over Switch purchases
Silksong
Yoshi Commits Tax Fraud
Some new 3D Mario game
Tears of the Kingdom HD

I would be legitimately surprised if the Switch 2 isn't backwards compatible with the original's library and eShop

Also on the controls discussion, pretty much the only time the Nintendo layout ever bothered me was back on the SNES when you'd get platformers still using the A button for jumping even though it's in a different location and it would just be awkward

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
The most Nintendo thing to do would be to put out Super Mario 3D All-Stars again, this time with Galaxy 2 included. No standalone Galaxy 2 release for those who bought the first collection, gotta buy the whole thing again if you want it. Also it’s $70 now.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Kevyn posted:

The most Nintendo thing to do would be to put out Super Mario 3D All-Stars again, this time with Galaxy 2 included. No standalone Galaxy 2 release for those who bought the first collection, gotta buy the whole thing again if you want it. Also it’s $70 now.

A bargain for that much win

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Kevyn posted:

3d all stars 2 will have mario galaxy 2, mario 3d land & mario 3d world and will be a limited-time release for mario's 40th birthday

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

What will they release for Mario's first colonoscopy?

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

External Organs posted:

attack dogs into your home.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Remember when people (insane Twitter freaks) were theorizing that Galaxy 2 was actually included in 3DAS as a hidden unlockable because of the menu music or something equally insane?

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

External Organs posted:

The Thousand Year Door

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Quantum of Phallus posted:

you just missed it on sale :( it's real good, i'm playing through it again

...I have to confess, it's still on sale but I kinda want to wait for a biiit more discount and also just bought Fate/Samurai Remnant so I gotta budget. I admit I'm also mildly scared of the polarizing opinions I heard on the game.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

American McGay posted:

Remember when people (insane Twitter freaks) were theorizing that Galaxy 2 was actually included in 3DAS as a hidden unlockable because of the menu music or something equally insane?

they're right

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Been watching some early access reviews of the tomb raider trilogy remastered and it looks great and I'm hype. I wish I hadn't replayed the first two and most of three on the pc last year but they look fresh enough that I'll happily go through them again

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

American McGay posted:

tell me you havent found the hidden 3DAS Galaxy 2 unlock without telling me you havent found the hidden 3DAS Galaxy 2 unlock

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Kevyn posted:

Super Mario 3D Super All-Stars for the Nintendo Switch 2 will be delisted in 60 days, so act fast! :D

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

External Organs posted:

Super Mario Sunshine 2: Where The Sun Don’t Shine

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Mister Facetious posted:

Need more Bowser's Fury where Mario goes on an adventure fighting kaiju across the mushroom Kingdom

Really needs to be a Mario and Luigi game where they're piloting a giant robot Pacific Rim style.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

External Organs posted:

We already had Bowser's Inside Story.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

External Organs posted:

Super Mario Gala.se

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

American McGay posted:

There’s something strangely nostalgic about dipshits making up Nintendo rumors and spreading them on social media. Reminds me of being a kid and hearing my dipshit classmates spreading Nintendo rumors on the playground, too bad the people doing it now are clout chasing dorks

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Really needs to be a Mario and Luigi game where they're piloting a giant robot Pacific Rim style.

Mystical Ninja 64, or whatever it was called had that, kinda.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Accipiter posted:

I'm an old engineer and my brain doesn't work as well as it used to, but I am still useful. And I still enjoy video games. Years of playing games on computers with customizable controls and PS1/2/3/4/5 and other consoles where I can do proper remapping have permanently forced my muscle memory to have the primary action button be the one at the bottom of the diamond. Anything else is extraordinarily difficult to force myself into - so much so that it's hard to even enjoy the game I'm playing.

It's not about being stubborn as much as the fact that I can't link the new neural pathways fast enough. People can "lol" and "obstinate" all they want because, well, people on the internet are judgy as gently caress without actually knowing the person on the other end of the connection.

High five, I got the same skill issue, but learned on a Nintendo.
It's ok if your brain don't work that way, and you don't want to relearn how to ride a bike from scratch any time you wanna go for a spin.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

BigDumper posted:

There’s something strangely nostalgic about dipshits making up Nintendo rumors and spreading them on social media. Reminds me of being a kid and hearing my dipshit classmates spreading Nintendo rumors on the playground, too bad the people doing it now are clout chasing dorks
The kids doing it back then were probably also chasing clout, just on a much smaller scale.

90sgamer
Jun 28, 2023
fuck off worms butthole guy!!!

External Organs posted:

Hi Fi Rush

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I would buy this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
with the button thing i just find it really hard to understand how it's easier to deal with remapping buttons and then having visual button prompts in game be thrown out of sync with reality rather than just dealing with the fact that the button placement is different.