Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

I want a jurassic park movie where they just gun down prehistoric wildlife for 135 minutes. Like a 200 million BC version of exploding varmints.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

After watching the Deadpool 3 trailer I really hope that the Disney executives really are the main villain as is implied from what they’ve shown.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Lister posted:

I want a jurassic park movie where they just gun down prehistoric wildlife for 135 minutes. Like a 200 million BC version of exploding varmints.

That, or the opening 10 minutes of Zack Snyder's Dawn of the Dead but with dinosaurs.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

colonelwest posted:

They need to just blow their wad and make a big dumb movie where dinosaurs terrorize the world in a bunch of overblown set pieces. They’ve been teasing that poo poo for 30 loving years now. There is nothing else left to do with the franchise.

Or well… I guess you could squeeze out one more lower budget sequel after that about dinosaurs in space. Call it “Jurassic Universe” or some poo poo.

i thought you were talking about the RLM guys themselves for a while

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

kalel posted:

on the right track but not quite. it's rich people propaganda about how the poor are evil perverted rapist liars who are scheming to steal their wealth

The protagonist is an unremarkably middle class (though remarkably deranged) grifter who lies about coming from circumstances as a method to attract the interest of the idle rich. As far as I know, the poor don’t really exist in Saltburn… I mean, I’m not British, so maybe that scene where they visit Oliver’s family is supposed to communicate he’s blue collar, but to my American eyes they looked like well-to-do white collar suburbanites.
—-
Dinner in America was really loving good!

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
https://twitter.com/empiremagazine/status/1757102660681933015

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Hell, why not

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

At this point gently caress it just let him do it. Who cares.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

No one's ever really gone

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
qui-gon-gin remains the biggest bitch in the universe for dying to a single stab wound

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

If the obi wan show wasn't coward poo poo they would have just had qui gon be alive instead of a ghost at the end. gently caress it, have ghosts come back and break the final seal on True Endless Trash

Argyle Gargoyle
Apr 1, 2009

ABSTRACT SHAPES CREW

Raskolnikov38 posted:

qui-gon-gin remains the biggest bitch in the universe for dying to a single stab wound

No that would be Obi-Wan for not using Force Sprint(tm) when the forcefields opened up and just let that poo poo happen. Qui-Gon at least made an attempt

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

RealityWarCriminal posted:

No one's ever really gone

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

RealityWarCriminal posted:

No one's ever really qui-gone

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Sure, whatever, Jackson is 75 years old, let him have some more fun.

colonelwest posted:

They need to just blow their wad and make a big dumb movie where dinosaurs terrorize the world in a bunch of overblown set pieces. They’ve been teasing that poo poo for 30 loving years now. There is nothing else left to do with the franchise.

Or well… I guess you could squeeze out one more lower budget sequel after that about dinosaurs in space. Call it “Jurassic Universe” or some poo poo.

Can't believe no one has optioned Dinosaurs Attack!

https://www.bobheffner.com/dinosaursattack/

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

ENDLESS TRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASH

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Considering how fun 75 year old samuel was in that stupid nick fury show last year, I expect mace windu will have a lot of opportunities to sit down

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
it's been four years since rots and not a star war in sight. thank you jj.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

mace windu is recovering from being force-lightninged under an assumed name at the newly-renamed emperor palpatine surgical reconstruction center when he realizes his hospital bunk mate is... mace windu???

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

What if it's subpar and tarnishes the good name of Star Wars?

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

There was a ten year gap between the end of the prequel trilogy and the start of the sequels trilogy. There will be at least seven years between RoS and any next Star Wars movie. With any luck, it’ll be longer

Thank you, JJ

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

They must have taken really good care of sam during secret invasion for him to want to do more disney+ so soon.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

FeculentWizardTits posted:

poo poo, I hadn't thought about that

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I think the baby yoda movie seems like a relatively safe bet, those guys know how to churn out pig slop on schedule. So 2026 will likely end our blessed reprieve

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

X wings and tie fighters like a ww2 movie. That was a major part of the original popularity. It was a major part of why ILM got so much attention. Give me Memphis Belle in vacuum hell of get tae gently caress

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

MarcusSA posted:

At this point gently caress it just let him do it. Who cares.

"Thats what my agent said!"

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

I'm done with sw until they make "babu: a star wars story"

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

FeculentWizardTits posted:

even the more reason to do it

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Lister posted:

They must have taken really good care of sam during secret invasion for him to want to do more disney+ so soon.

He seems to really love Star Wars and his dumb boring-rear end character from the prequels for some reason. Idk. It’s not like he needs the money at this point, unlike Hayden.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

poisonpill posted:

There was a ten year gap between the end of the prequel trilogy and the start of the sequels trilogy. There will be at least seven years between RoS and any next Star Wars movie. With any luck, it’ll be longer

Thank you, JJ

Inshalla

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

No Mods No Masters posted:

I think the baby yoda movie seems like a relatively safe bet, those guys know how to churn out pig slop on schedule. So 2026 will likely end our blessed reprieve

I could see it flopping pretty hard honestly. The time for a Mando movie was right after season 2 came out. The show has been sputtering since then, and it’s not going to have the mainstream appeal to carry a big budget Star Wars film in 2026. They’re going to strike while the iron is dead cold.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

colonelwest posted:

I could see it flopping pretty hard honestly. The time for a Mando movie was right after season 2 came out. The show has been sputtering since then, and it’s not going to have the mainstream appeal to carry a big budget Star Wars film in 2026. They’re going to strike while the iron is dead cold.

Oh yeah, financially I would make no bets at all. I just meant a relatively safe bet to survive the disney nightmare production process

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Failson posted:

Sure, whatever, Jackson is 75 years old, let him have some more fun.

Can't believe no one has optioned Dinosaurs Attack!

https://www.bobheffner.com/dinosaursattack/

If Mars Attacks were a hit, I am 99% sure this would have happened.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

X wings and tie fighters like a ww2 movie. That was a major part of the original popularity. It was a major part of why ILM got so much attention. Give me Memphis Belle in vacuum hell of get tae gently caress

That was what Patty Jenkins’s Rogue Squadron movie was supposed to be, until Wonder Woman 1984 was such a turd that they killed the project.

And I don’t think there will be another trilogy. Disney already started calling the main “Episode <#>” movies “The Skywalker Saga” to pretend that it was just one story and not the main backbone meant to carry the whole IP.

billymumphrey
Mar 2, 2022
Anyone see this Westworld ripoff starring thread favourite Sam Worthington?

Only reason I noticed it was that there was a trailer playing when I was folding laundry and the music they were using was a bit x-filesish

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

No Mods No Masters posted:

Oh yeah, financially I would make no bets at all. I just meant a relatively safe bet to survive the disney nightmare production process

Oh ok, yeah I didn’t get your meaning there. I’d also place bets on a Mando movie being the one to finally claw its way out of development hell.

LanceHunter posted:

That was what Patty Jenkins’s Rogue Squadron movie was supposed to be, until Wonder Woman 1984 was such a turd that they killed the project.

And I don’t think there will be another trilogy. Disney already started calling the main “Episode <#>” movies “The Skywalker Saga” to pretend that it was just one story and not the main backbone meant to carry the whole IP.

It’s hilarious that they still have no plan. They just announce these projects before they even have a script, monitor the social media engagement numbers and then cancel them when they get no traction. I would be shocked if the Rey movie ever sees the light of day, it’s nothing but a joke to anyone but the most die-hard sequel trilogy apologists.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

say what you will, but the rey movie will make for one hell of a write-off

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

star taxes write-off

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Have three movies and at the end Rey changes her last name to Palpatine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

LanceHunter posted:

Having seen WW84, this is purely good news.