Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
You need to be this tall to ramp the bridge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Ninurta posted:

This wouldn't have happened if she had worn footwraps.

That's an oof.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

KoRMaK posted:

they raised the bridge. still can't believe its possible

Didn't they just reduce the thickness of the bridge by building it with stronger, thinner materials

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

They might have lowered the road too. Its just an instance where the only solution is to change what it is to be human.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dragonwagon posted:

Youtube recommendations today were kind enough to remind me of a classic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPUL2SQ77uQ

The latest video on the channel is from just 6 months ago. After all these years, that bridge still keeps eating trucks :allears:

The way they keep going, I can only assume they thought the truck was fine and are in for a rude surprise when they pulled up to load/unload to find daylight inside.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Jeez this must have happened to pirates all the time.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Takes No Damage posted:

Someone once described owning a parrot/cockatiel as living with a toddler that can live for 80 years and has pliers for one hand and a can opener for the other.

Reminds me of my favorite Humans of New York quote

quote:

He doesn’t love me, that’s for sure. You can project human qualities onto these things until they bite your rear end cheek. He bit my rear end cheek. Middle of the night, wife asleep in the bed, I bend over to pick something up, and he bites me right on the rear end. He’s very dangerous if he doesn’t get his way. If you aren’t accommodating his wishes, he can screech you right into the ground. He won’t go in his cage. Our entire apartment is filled with driftwood from the Hudson. He likes to sit on the driftwood when he watches TV. He’ll take food off our plates. If anyone is talking, he has to be there. He wants to be part of everything. And the worst part is they won’t die. They live to be 80 or 100. You know the saying: ‘This too shall pass’? Not the umbrella cockatoo. This too, shall not pass. There’s no hope. That’s the horror of it. I told this to a nine-year old girl in the park. This girl was a genius. She says: ‘You’ll never have to say goodbye. You have an infinite pet.’ It was the darkest thing I’ve ever heard.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

World War Mammories posted:

when I was a kid my family moved from the city to the suburbs - well, technically still the city, but less dense to the point where buying a car for family use made sense. I was six years old and my parents let me pick the color: seafoam green. we never lost that loving thing

Holy poo poo, are you me? I totally picked out my family's seafoam green Ford Windstar minivan back in the day. You don't see that color anymore :baduk:

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I thought they meant the Kool Aid Man for a minute.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Scratch Monkey posted:

Reminds me of my favorite Humans of New York quote

I can fix him.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Just to check, they were interviewing that guy there in the photo, right?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

They were interviewing the bird.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Butterfly Valley posted:

Didn't they just reduce the thickness of the bridge by building it with stronger, thinner materials

Not sure on that, but it went from 11'8" to 12'4". Eight inches is a significant difference.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Trabant posted:

That's not an Orange Thing.

This is an Orange Thing:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

World War Mammories posted:

when I was a kid my family moved from the city to the suburbs - well, technically still the city, but less dense to the point where buying a car for family use made sense. I was six years old and my parents let me pick the color: seafoam green. we never lost that loving thing

When my family got a new car, they let ~8 year old me pick the color as well. I had just before overheard some documentary stating that brightly coloured cars are safer, so naturally I picked banana yellow. Eventually my brother got that car when he moved out and he was stuck driving that loving thing for years and years. :allears:

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
bright coloured cars are way cooler

literally, they get less hot inside when parked in the sun

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

limp_cheese posted:

They might have lowered the road too. Its just an instance where the only solution is to change what it is to be human.

They should raise the road and lower the bridge to the point where is obvious no truck can get through.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

steinrokkan posted:

They should raise the road and lower the bridge to the point where is obvious no truck can get through.

this would gently caress with brotrucks too so i like this idea

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Needs to be low enough to start catching brodozers doing the Carolina squat. Then it will be complete.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/LFs3pdR.mp4

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Ah man I really applaud that effort, though.

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

This is exactly like that gif I wish I could find again of Grover entering a Do Not Enter area and it immediately collapsing on him.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

a scooter came out like it was a loot box

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

frytechnician posted:

This is exactly like that gif I wish I could find again of Grover entering a Do Not Enter area and it immediately collapsing on him.

This one?

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Schad in the making? 👀

https://x.com/DrewPavlou/status/1756338517213626677?s=20

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Did he mock the King? Isn't Malaysia the place with the "Dis the royal family go to gulag forever" law

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
I would be antsy in his place

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
oh god dont tease

DTaeKim
Aug 16, 2009

Azhais posted:

Did he mock the King? Isn't Malaysia the place with the "Dis the royal family go to gulag forever" law

That's Thailand.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

DTaeKim posted:

That's Thailand.

Wikipedia says Malaysia too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%C3%A8se-majest%C3%A9

quote:

Malaysia uses the Sedition Act 1948 to charge people for allegedly insulting the royal institution. In 2013, Melissa Gooi and four other friends were detained for allegedly insulting the royal institution.[86]

In 2014, Ali Abd Jalil were detained and served 22 days in prison for insulting the royal family of Johor and Sultan of Selangor. A prison sentence was passed in Johor for attacking the royal family to Muhammad Amirul Azwan Mohd Shakri.[87]

Malaysian royalty is one of the components of 3R (Race, Religion and Royal) in which citizens are not allowed to criticise.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Lèse-majesté laws are hosed up

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

granted that's neither here nor there wrt the IMC situation

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

TehRedWheelbarrow posted:

oh god dont tease

Seriously, don't do this to us.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://packaged-media.redd.it/kghd...176d991355f#t=0

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

The schad is that all main characters in this video suck.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Oh poo poo!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Kuros posted:

The schad is that all main characters in this video suck.

yeah this is true, they deserve each other

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

PISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Azhais posted:

He's been supporting Israel online because woke lefties don't like them.

Malaysia has no diplomatic relations with Israel and won't even allow Israeli passport holders into the country without written permission from the government. They aren't fans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Azhais posted:

I think he just posted a bunch of very pro-Genocide Israel takes because he likes to cosplay being an American conservative. Which is dumb and gross but, like, in my ideal world probably wouldn't land you in prison.