Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I'll be frank, regardless of his poo poo take on it, it's actually good to see confirmation that anyone at wotc actually gave a poo poo about it at all. This is frankly news to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JMBosch
May 28, 2006

You're dead.
That's your greatest weapon.
Return to Perinthos, the megadungeon book being put together as a memorial for industry icon Jennell Jaquays, is now raising funds to print. It will contain ~200 pages with over 80 brand-new maps and keys from dozens of contributors (full disclosure: including myself) for a wide array of systems. All profits will go to her family and the charity Trans Lifeline.

https://crowdfundr.com/perinthos

JMBosch fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Feb 13, 2024

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

BREAKING: Kinda Mediocre Celebrity Has Poorly Informed Opinions They're Very Vocally Angry About

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
EDIT: Here's the non-paywalled version of the article I just posted:

Hasbro Earned About $90 Million From ‘Baldur’s Gate 3’ So Far

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Anyone have a condensed thing about what a piece of trash (CHUD'S NAME) is? He somehow got into a buy/sell/trade group that I mod in and I'm trying to just get him blocked outright.

EdsTeioh fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Feb 14, 2024

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

EdsTeioh posted:

Anyone have a condensed thing about what a piece of trash "Venger Satanis" is? He somehow got into a buy/sell/trade group that I mod in and I'm trying to just get him blocked outright.
He's a grown-rear end adult who calls himself 'venger satanis' isn't enough?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Cringer Satanis lol

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

EdsTeioh posted:

Anyone have a condensed thing about what a piece of trash "Venger Satanis" is? He somehow got into a buy/sell/trade group that I mod in and I'm trying to just get him blocked outright.

is his twitter timeline not enough? it certainly has his stupid face plastered everywhere (which would earn a ban from most sane spaces) along with a bunch of racist/sexist #ultramaga poo poo

i'm also angry that I am now aware of this loving doofus' existence

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

It's not bigotry related but I'll always remember him as the guy who got banned from RPGNet for trying to hex the forum.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Lumbermouth posted:

It's not bigotry related but I'll always remember him as the guy who got banned from RPGNet for trying to hex the forum.

What do you expect a high priest of cthulhu to do, sit idly by while being owned?

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Lumbermouth posted:

Most recently he got banned for being transphobic in the "I identify as a tentacle monster" way and that seems to be the one that stuck, and because he refuses to back down he's been constantly saying that and portraying himself as that in all his products to date.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

He's an also-ran second-stringer hanger-on of the RPGPundit of all people. Since his continued existence proves nothing is pathetic enough to make you simply implode into nothingness, the constant yes-manning of one of the most aggressively unpleasant fascist weirdos on the Internet should be bad enough.

I'm sure there is more seriously actionable, specific stuff, probably some rape apologia or generally unacceptable mask-off comments, but he's honestly so unmemorable as anything other than "of yeah, him too " or the aforementioned banning for spells it'll probably take a bit of digging.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

It might be worth just letting him buy/sell/trade stuff unless he's a problem.

He's a repugnant rear end in a top hat, but he's never had a reputation for scamming anybody.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

moths posted:

He's a repugnant rear end in a top hat, but he's never had a reputation for scamming anybody.

ban nazis from your spaces

make being a nazi an intolerable life

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
If you're already a mod, just drop the hammer. Rationalizations are for petitioning the leadership.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

admanb posted:

:yeah:

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

admanb posted:

:hai:

And it sends a message to anyone who has a problem with you doing that because he's a fascist hateful piece of poo poo.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Ban-thing the man-things.
Incidentally he hangs and is welcome in the LotFP facebook group where Raggi and Reints regularly talk about their game nights with Zak, who is also in the group openly pointing members towards Reddit posts and internet users he doesn't like.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

moths posted:

Nope, not worth it at all. Besides, all he does is link to his webcomic and doesn’t actually post any actual physical content for sale.

Also no tolerance for Nazis but it isn’t my group so I can’t outright ban him without cause.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Yep, you can't let these people in anywhere because they have nothing to offer, and they use :decorum: as a weapon to find more victims to hurt.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

admanb posted:

Is he a Nazi? I thought he was just a terminal edgelord.

EdsTeioh posted:

Nope, not worth it at all. Besides, all he does is link to his webcomic and doesn’t actually post any actual physical content for sale.

Also no tolerance for Nazis but it isn’t my group so I can’t outright ban him without cause.

Why didn't he catch a ban for off topic self-promotion on the first strike?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Turns out I've been getting Varg Vikernes and Venger Satanis mixed up all this time. Thought they were one and the same lol

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Apparently Darrick has his own convention called VENGER CON. He went to KotakuInAction for advice on how to market it and even they call him out on his BS because all his posts are about shilling his own product.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
As far as I know Venger Satanis hasn't done anything illegal. It would be tedious and not worth anyone's time to list out all the lovely little things he's said and done, but you can always count on him to be on the wrong side of any and every Gamergate-style controversy in the hobby and pal around with/suck up to the worst people. His stock-in-trade is pretty much the same as James Desborough: low effort dreck that's calculated to offend, because that's its only notable feature. His work features degrading caricatures of Muslims and trans people, and he wrote a module around #ThotAudit, to give you an idea of where his mind's at.

By his own admission, his beliefs are just garden-variety Republicanism. Y'know how the Bush era gave us New Atheists, and it turned out that despite breaking with evangelical Christianity they tended to be misogynist, Islamophobic, intellectually incurious, self-satisfied little turds? Well, some of those guys decided to identify as Satanists, wear black nail polish and those stupid finger armor things, and give themselves cartoon villain names. When he's not trying to cast spells on the Internet, he's just a Gen X Republican shithead.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Halloween Jack posted:

By his own admission, his beliefs are just garden-variety Republicanism. Y'know how the Bush era gave us New Atheists, and it turned out that despite breaking with evangelical Christianity they tended to be misogynist, Islamophobic, intellectually incurious, self-satisfied little turds? Well, some of those guys decided to identify as Satanists, wear black nail polish and those stupid finger armor things, and give themselves cartoon villain names. When he's not trying to cast spells on the Internet, he's just a Gen X Republican shithead.

Evil Talentless Alan Moore, got it

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

moths posted:

Nerd fallacy yada yada

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Yeah I'm not advocating for Nazi inclusion.

But if he's just a cringe baseline neo-con? All you're accomplishing is fueling his victim complex. It's giving oxygen to the kind of pants-shitter who'd furiously masturbate between taking screen-caps this thread as evidence.

I feel like it'd be better to let him participate on thin ice, then 86 him at the first sign of bad behavior.

Which is what happened except he's still around?

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
Stop being a weenie and ban the awful man

Edit: Why do you think you need to give somebody who has proven time and time again they can't handle being around this hobby another chance to be awful fully expecting them to take that chance

Ominous Jazz fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Feb 14, 2024

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
You're over thinking it and over concerning yourself with someone who is going to constantly push the boundaries of the group

Ominous Jazz fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Feb 14, 2024

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Yeah if he's already demonstrated that he's in the buy/sell/trade group to self-promote instead of buy, sell, or trade?

You've already extended civility and he's slapped it away. I don't understand why he's still there.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

ANNNND he just posted external links for the 3rd time. Gone.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

EdsTeioh posted:

ANNNND he just posted external links for the 3rd time. Gone.

I don't understand this. I mean, I get it in a broad sense, but I'm curious how it came about. Is it an anti self-promotion rule or something?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Another success story.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Magnetic North posted:

I don't understand this. I mean, I get it in a broad sense, but I'm curious how it came about. Is it an anti self-promotion rule or something?

Yeah, it's a buy/sell/trade group on Zuck's site created for the sole purpose of people uh...buying/selling/trading rpg and rpg related stuff. The problem with a lot of those groups is that they tend to be sort of wild west with little moderation and then either publishers or creators start posting links to their kickstarters or web stores or whatever and then once that takes hold, then the group is useless from all of the promotional noise. Personally, I didn't want the dude in the group at all once I saw that he joined and was looking for excuses to ban him. The rest of the mod team didn't really want to straight up ban people on the grounds of the content that they sell (with exceptions; I mean, if you're going to sell some bullshit Raggi book, then censor the cover when you post) but people dropping constant links to Drive-Thru RPG or kickstarter shits up the group. I removed a couple of his posts and messaged him to not post external links which he ignored. 3rd time I'm like gently caress it; later "Venger." :feelsgood:

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
If you're doing this on facebook I'd be careful about giving details here. Someone will probably tattle about your posts here and might be able to doxx you from cross-comparing poo poo.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

moths posted:

It's giving oxygen to the kind of pants-shitter

Yes, that is exactly what letting him stick around would be doing.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

No, this all played out correctly.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

moths posted:

No, this all played out correctly.

moths posted:

I feel like it'd be better to let him participate on thin ice

No, you never give known chuds air in your space.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
All that weirdness around Evil Genius Games seems to have gotten some journalism done about it: https://www.enworld.org/threads/the-rise-and-fall-of-evil-genius-games.702617/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

ENWorld posted:

Who’s Who? An EGG Primer​
Now we know who's behind this! It was the Egg of Coot all along!