Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Complaining about and getting angry at things because of 4th hand misinformation is a time honored tradition. We still have time to see some really stupid arguments or a half asked call for boycott

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Deadpool 1 was okay. Deadpool 2 was a joy. I don't really see how it was meanspirited. It had a lot of heart imo.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Reynolds' schtick can get old elsewhere but I think he was perfect for Deadpool, who is a horse's rear end. It works well for the character who's expected to get grievously injured to be obnoxious because he pretty much always has it coming. It would get boring if some guy getting horrifically wounded was just some humourless "bad-rear end" always shrugging it off when -- oh. Logan, hi. Didn't see you over there.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Missed opportunity to not call it "Deadpool 3 & Wolverine"

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Opopanax posted:

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Opopanax posted:

X-Men Origins: Wolverine 2: Deadpool 3: Dawn of the Colon

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

The last few seconds of the trailer made me laugh. Gonna see it in the theater.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

MorningMoon posted:

I liked the two Deadpool movies, but i was let down by the action shown in the trailer. Finding out we got the Night at the Museum director for this one really hampers my hype.

The most loving Deadpool thing ever is finding out the director of Deadpool 1 then hosed off to get a producer role to ensure Shadow the Hedgehog would make it to the silver screen. You go, Tim Miller, who also did visual effects for the Shadow the Hedgehog videogame.

Didn't the director leave after Deadpool 1 because Reynolds wanted more creative control?

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

notthegoatseguy posted:

Didn't the director leave after Deadpool 1 because Reynolds wanted more creative control?

If this is true and it played out that way, then I have to say it was the right call. DP2 was the better movie in so many ways, and I have to admit the greater display of the normally-grating personality of Ryan Reynolds was a big reason for its success, as well as the deeper cuts into the Marvel Universe, which I don't see as being studio or exec-driven, but more likely fan-driven ( I.e., writer-driven, so directly or indirectly Reynolds).

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I certainly won’t be seeing it, I hate fun things. Instead I will be watching a black and white, 7 hour long French film from the 70s that’s all about the pointlessness of life.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

About 70% of the final released Deadpool was written around 2010, which was pre-timeline shenanigans Fox X-Men stuff. First Class would have been in production then, but that one was just done as a straight prequel at the time. The MCU was only 3 movies in.

So that would likely have been a factor too. By the time they were writing Deadpool 2, comic book movies had changed a lot.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I remember the weirdest thing about the old Deadpool movie script was the running gag of, "Amy Winehouse will never die."

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Gavok posted:

I remember the weirdest thing about the old Deadpool movie script was the running gag of, "Amy Winehouse will never die."

I believe that played into the whole dead pool schtick at the bar where it was either Wade or Weasel that had money her. I seem to remember the end of the original script taking place in an office building instead of a hellicarrier like it does in the final film. The hellicarrier is better. Also having Colossus fight Sluggo instead of Gina Carano's character that I can't remember the name of.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

X-O posted:

Gina Carano's character that I can't remember the name of.

Captain Ain’t gonna be in any more Marvel movies

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

X-O posted:

I believe that played into the whole dead pool schtick at the bar where it was either Wade or Weasel that had money her. I seem to remember the end of the original script taking place in an office building instead of a hellicarrier like it does in the final film. The hellicarrier is better. Also having Colossus fight Sluggo instead of Gina Carano's character that I can't remember the name of.

They also had Dr. Killbrew in there as a more enigmatic and gentle scientist compared to Ajax. He ended up being used as sequel bait.

Ah, Killbrew. One of those early, important Deadpool characters who completely faded into obscurity. Hey, remember T-Ray?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Gavok posted:

They also had Dr. Killbrew in there as a more enigmatic and gentle scientist compared to Ajax. He ended up being used as sequel bait.

Ah, Killbrew. One of those early, important Deadpool characters who completely faded into obscurity. Hey, remember T-Ray?

I'll take T-Ray over evil leftover Deadpool parts that stitched themselves together. I did really like when was paired against Madcap though. Having Madcap turn out to the be second voice in Deadpool's head was fun.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Hugh Jackman is a zionist so I won't be watching Deadpool 3

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Someone makes a post saying they won’t be watching Eternals or The Marvels and the entire thread pats them on the back. Someone has the gall to say they don’t like Deadpool and it’s two pages of mocking posts making false equivalencies.

Enjoy your loving chimichanga jokes in tyool 2024 I guess.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Another obscure Easter egg that probably means nothing, but people scouring every frame of the trailer found.

The only two objects on the ground when Deadpool gets knocked over are a copy of Secret Wars #5 with Doctor Doom and an empty bottle of the soda that was tainted with Hulk's blood and killed Stan Lee in The Incredible Hulk.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Deadpool humor sucks but you’re also on SomethingAwful where we paid $10 for a place known for exactly that kind of thing.

So who’s the real monster here?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Someone makes a post saying they won’t be watching Eternals or The Marvels and the entire thread pats them on the back. Someone has the gall to say they don’t like Deadpool and it’s two pages of mocking posts making false equivalencies.

Hey there big guy. Seems you have some anger issues. Maybe try pegging before hulking out. *mugs at camera&

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'm not going to see Deadpool 3 because I'm not hugely fond of Deadpool but it feels weird to criticize a Deadpool movie for being a Deadpool movie. Like you don't have to see it but going "gently caress, I hate Deadpool, Deadpool is the worst, but Wolverine is in the film so I GUESS I'll see it" as if that isn't an incredibly dumb reason to see a movie.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Big Mean Jerk posted:

The problem is people saying they hate Deadpool, but they’re going to see it anyways because it’s Marvel. Thanks for following along before posting.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

ImpAtom posted:

I'm not going to see Deadpool 3 because I'm not hugely fond of Deadpool but it feels weird to criticize a Deadpool movie for being a Deadpool movie. Like you don't have to see it but going "gently caress, I hate Deadpool, Deadpool is the worst, but Wolverine is in the film so I GUESS I'll see it" as if that isn't an incredibly dumb reason to see a movie.

Cringe humour is bad. Buying anything because Spider-Man or Wolverine make an appearance is every comic book lover's god given right.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Lobok posted:

Cringe humour is bad. Buying anything because Spider-Man or Wolverine make an appearance is every comic book lover's god given right.

No. That is addiction.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Amy Pascal was asked about a live-action Miles Morales movie.

She said, "Someday. Not until we make two more movies."

It's not clear if she meant two more MCU Spider-Man movies or the last Spiderverse movie + MCU Spider-Man 4.

She wants Sony to exclusively develop more Spider-Man content, but seems to be giving up on Spider-Man villain origin stories without Spider-Man unless Kraven or Madame Webb pulls some kind of miracle. That seems to imply they want to develop non-MCU Spider-Man content.

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1757123162804756797

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

https://twitter.com/dril/status/473265809079693312?lang=en

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lobok posted:

Look, I love me some Spider-Man, but he is one step below cringe humor at the best of times.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

ImpAtom posted:

Look, I love me some Spider-Man, but he is one step below cringe humor at the best of times.

Well, yeah. If he's not a cornball he's just some other spider-themed hero.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
I love DP1 and 2, excited for 3.

I found DOFP and Logan to be fantastic exit points for Fox X-Men stuff, but I’m down still to watch a Huge Jackedman Wolverine interact with Deadpool anyway.

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

The action looks like poo poo but I'll still see it eventually.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Jamesman posted:

They should release Deadpool & Wolverine in July, and then Wolverine & Deadpool in December, which is a recut of the movie from Logan's perspective.

It turns out “Deadpool & Wolverine” is just footage you can superimpose over the original “Deadpool” so Wolverine is in a bunch of scenes.

It’s just like the old “Sonic & Knuckles” Genesis cartridge.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I didn't remember DP2 as having great action scenes but after I watched the trailer, the YouTube algorithm recommended me the Domino sequence and shut me up quick.

Anyway even if I think both movies might have had 1 or 2 jokes too many for their own good, they were very enjoyable, and the scene of Deadpool fighting around a ruined 20th Century Fox logo is my kind of meta so I'm definitely in for this one

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I thought the humor in 2 was a little forced at times but that's probably just a me problem. I did really enjoy Cable being played completely comics serious and also Juggernaut ripping Wade in half on screen.

Fridging his wife (...Vanessa?) was pretty stupid but at least it was a plot point they retconned within the movie.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Splint Chesthair posted:

We're kinda getting that, Sonic 3 & Knuckles come out this year.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Splint Chesthair posted:

It turns out “Deadpool & Wolverine” is just footage you can superimpose over the original “Deadpool” so Wolverine is in a bunch of scenes.

It really makes the scene where he gets pegged better :discourse:

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
After watching that Deadpool and Wolverine trailer I hope they get Elliot Page to play an alternate universe dude version of Shadowcat.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

They are mentioning that this isn't technically the first trailer because it is actually just the first teaser.

It is 2 minutes and 34 seconds long.

Why even bother with distinctions between teasers and full trailers anymore? A teaser used to be just 20 seconds of the Batman symbol and random chanting.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1757189205468336623
an hour and a half later
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1757216055129203003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Very likely that he meant Thunderbolts instead. At this point I think everyone is having a little trouble telling the difference.