Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Tei posted:

My impression of imposible difficulty, is that is very manageable with a group of players with experience in the game..
..THERES A LOT OF BUGs, the game throws at you some quantities that absolutely feel too many, but with good maneuvers is manageable.

Looking forward for unlocking more poo poo :D

The high end difficulties are fine so long as people herd the bugs properly - kiting is perfectly viable, and the difficult bits are when you are forced to stop moving to do an objective or clear eggs and stuff like that - which is where the big AO call ins come in super handy.

Playing against robots is a different beast entirely - but it's also pretty viable to go stealthmode against them if you consistently target the flare robots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Is there some fix for this "Failed to join game lobby" error? I get it literally every single time I press Quickplay or even manually panning the Globe and try to join something.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

God drat. Killing a Bile Titan with your hellpod on revive feels extremely loving cool.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Sab669 posted:

Is there some fix for this "Failed to join game lobby" error? I get it literally every single time I press Quickplay or even manually panning the Globe and try to join something.

Mash quick join. That's the only way.

Or just start your own game and people will join you.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I love how extractions turn into EXPEND ALL ROUNDS ordnance parties

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Dandywalken posted:

I like the normal shotgun tbh

same

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Was very unsure about Helldivers 2 and if I would want to get the game or not, a friend gifted it t me though and after the first mission I was sold and am hooked.

if you were gifted it then you owe super earth money. freedom isn't free

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

tried single player on PS5:

- menus often didn't populate (stratagems, armory)
- return to ship screen froze until invisible animation completed
- war table didn't have anything in it

game's borked!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

1stGear posted:

It's also extremely loving lol that special forces teams are being deployed on an incredibly dangerous missions to survey valuable ore veins.

on point for fascists

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

if you were gifted it then you owe super earth money. freedom isn't free

Yeah i'm considering upgrading my edition.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Yeah i'm considering upgrading my edition.

welcome, SUPER CITIZEN

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I love throwing the 380mm HE barrage at a large nest while in transit and popping objective accomplished lol.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Pubbies + Mortar Turrets are a menace. I keep quickmatching into the tiny "kill 150 bugs" mission and idiots putting mortars down here where there's nowhere to go, constantly bombarding everyone with mortar fire.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

explosivo posted:

Pubbies + Mortar Turrets are a menace. I keep quickmatching into the tiny "kill 150 bugs" mission and idiots putting mortars down here where there's nowhere to go, constantly bombarding everyone with mortar fire.

Just stand next to the turret. If they're putting them in different spots then lol jokes on you (hit them with an airstrike)

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Internet Explorer posted:

There's already a type of player that is starting to solidify in my mind that is annoying as hell to play with. Runs around like absolute mad, tries to scour the whole map but does it in the least efficient way possible. Usually has a jump pack.

for SUPER EARTH! :smuggo:

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Oh my god if you find that Artillery emplacement. Load the yellow shells for sure. I don’t know what order it fires but you get a stratagem called “SEAF ARTILLERY” for each shell and the yellows are mini nukes. Lmao holy gently caress

https://x.com/blind_rasputin/status/1757196034974060984?s=46&t=sMEJm3FF71gLqKjbQZ89kQ

https://x.com/blind_rasputin/status/1757195530260865154?s=46&t=sMEJm3FF71gLqKjbQZ89kQ

ArmTheHomeless
Jan 10, 2003

explosivo posted:

What is the deal with the twitch drops for this? It doesn't let me link because it says I don't have the minimum required whatevers, do I need to watch the stream (looks like later today there's some going) and then link it to redeem it? Feels backwards from the usual thing where you had to link before being eligible.

I had this problem and it was because I was using the android app. Once I tried watching an hour on PC it magically worked.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Blind Rasputin posted:

Oh my god if you find that Artillery emplacement. Load the yellow shells for sure. I don’t know what order it fires but you get a stratagem called “SEAF ARTILLERY” for each shell and the yellows are mini nukes. Lmao holy gently caress

They did such a good job with these massive satisfying explosions. I've watched a couple people stream this while playing for the first time and it's always the same "HOLY poo poo" reaction when stuff like this happens.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

JBP posted:

I love throwing the 380mm HE barrage at a large nest while in transit and popping objective accomplished lol.
I want to like the 380mm HE barrage a lot more but its so got dang spread out, just a bit too much dispersal for reliably clearing nests imo

Edit: or maybe i just need the no falloff damage thing

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Even if you've seen the explosions before I go holy poo poo when I'm too close to something going off. The sound design plays a huge role as well. When we deploy we're all yelling over the sound of inspiring democracy music and hellpods roaring through atmo.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

explosivo posted:

What is the deal with the twitch drops for this? It doesn't let me link because it says I don't have the minimum required whatevers, do I need to watch the stream (looks like later today there's some going) and then link it to redeem it? Feels backwards from the usual thing where you had to link before being eligible.

some goons mentioned this earlier but yes, for this drop weirdly you watch the hour first, then link and get the code.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

the first big nuke launch was deffo a :stonklol: moment

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Somehow it feels like the game is worse after multiple maintenances??? At least on PS5.

Can’t even connect anymore. Been a while since I’ve seen a game launch this rough.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I hope it works when I get home.

I'm loving how bad the launch is and how many severe issues there are, but the game is so fun everyone's doing the Eric Andre let me in rather than bailing.

ArmTheHomeless
Jan 10, 2003

Same, leaving work in 15 minutes and just want to squish bugs.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

VanillaGorilla posted:

Somehow it feels like the game is worse after multiple maintenances??? At least on PS5.

Can’t even connect anymore. Been a while since I’ve seen a game launch this rough.

I bought the game yesterday morning on PS5 and I haven't even gotten the game to launch to a menu even once. I'll try again tonight when I get off work in a bit.

I have literally never even seen the main menu.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Oh gently caress me, the armors aren't cosmetic. There are stats and passives and fuuuuuck!

Guess I can't permanently roll around as a snow trooper :smith:

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Inzombiac posted:

Oh gently caress me, the armors aren't cosmetic. There are stats and passives and fuuuuuck!

Guess I can't permanently roll around as a snow trooper :smith:

Sure you can! Unless you're playing on the highest difficulties and need to min/max, you'll probably be fine.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
the old ME3 MP objective movement trick works with loading the artillery too. just move and mash pick up/put down and slingslot the shell over lol

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Also, there are many mechanically-equivalent armors of each "model" so you still have some choice. There are a ton of medium-with-extra-padding, for example.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I like when wearing the heavy armor from the super shop and a different helmet you can see there's nothing modeled under the helmet so it looks like an invisible person wearing it.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Seems like they still haven't completely resolved the objective completion not registering despite their notes. Quickplay seems a bit more smooth on PC at least.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Game's working fine for me on PS5

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Mashing quick play seems to work on PS 5

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Fishstick posted:

I just like leaving stylish corpses around

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I'm currently saving medals for the third tier premium heavy armour. 30% extra throw distance is really good and I want bulky white armour to look like a buff stormtrooper.

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

Thoughts on the Autocannon, personal special weapon? Seems like it owns, but was a bit miffed its shots deflect off armor. I was able to kill chargers with it when I realized their legs have weak spots. Bile titans, though I had a bit more trouble. Do you have to get under them to hurt them?

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I watched one of those basic ‘10 things newbies should know’ YouTube videos and I felt like an idiot afterwards. Do not empty your mag, leaving a sliver of ammo (ideally 1 bullet) means reloading is so much faster.

sock it to me!
Feb 7, 2010
I love the autocannon. I bring that, mines, and the EMS strike on most missions. I just do area denial until the heavies show up, then blast them with the cannon.
If you have a squaddie who will pocket reload you it's like 50% better IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

JBP posted:

I'm currently saving medals for the third tier premium heavy armour. 30% extra throw distance is really good and I want bulky white armour to look like a buff stormtrooper.

im loving the different light armors, just grabbing the objectives and sprinting ahead of everyone while they cover me. spent my first bit of premium cash on one of the light armors with reduced explosive damage