Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

gently caress I wish they'd bring back NVJ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
the dear jeffery unban NVJ commercial was really popular at the superbowl

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
The Superbowl is the best owl. Full stop, ya hear?

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Kharnifex posted:

The Superbowl is the best owl. Full stop, ya hear?

Belco Penis owl disagrees.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

more like the fuckin dunny bowl

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Bald Stalin posted:

American football's rules are literally written for fitting as many commercials as possible in.

There's an infographic showing only about 5% of a US football match is actually playing the game.

edit: at home now and found the one I was thinking of:

Obviously this is an old image and doesn't include 'shots of Taylor Swift'.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Feb 12, 2024

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I'm at the point of my life where I enjoy watching golf on TV.

If teenage me could see me now...

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I remember them having to rename one of the CSU dorms after the Knights came to town years ago.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Carth Dookie posted:

sicko

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008

Carth Dookie posted:

I don't think I could ever see me enjoying watching golf.
Golf as a computer game though count me the gently caress in

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I properly appreciated golf on TV after I actually tried to play a bit myself. Once I had a proper appreciation of the skill gap it became much more impressive to me.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

sick of Applebees posted:

I don't think I could ever see me enjoying watching golf.
Golf as a computer game though count me the gently caress in

if you have a nintendo switch you can get golfinite for like $2.50 on sale right now which is a decent little timewaster golf game.

I've pumped at least a dozen hours into it while stoned.

loving oval office scorpions stealing my golf balls. :argh:

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Carth Dookie posted:

tv golf is basically like tv cricket. interesting enough to watch, boring enough to have a good kip to. my main beef with televised golf is the pgas hardon for links courses. Give me a fuckin bush course with kangaroo hazards like at kooralbyn. I think if a golf course is going to be in florida there should be at least one alligator that lives on each par 5.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Carth Dookie posted:

if you have a nintendo switch you can get golfinite for like $2.50 on sale right now which is a decent little timewaster golf game.

tbh this sounds better but I already blew the money on mario golf and its pretty sick, you can play it in normal console mode or dumbass wii sports mode and both are pretty sick. My only real criteria for a golf game is I want the environment to make some noise,

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Speaking of Switch and golf, Golf Story is great, a tribute to old school Mario Golf by an Australian developer. It's also got a sequel Sports Story, though I haven't played that yet.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Carth Dookie posted:

Pervert

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'll watch golf
I'll watch an entire marathon
I watch the tour de France
I love watching athletics
Darts
Snooker

I don't give a poo poo

Won't watch swimming, motorsport, horse racing

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
I watch Magic the Gathering Arena

I know I have a problem

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

tbh this sounds better but I already blew the money on mario golf and its pretty sick, you can play it in normal console mode or dumbass wii sports mode and both are pretty sick. My only real criteria for a golf game is I want the environment to make some noise,

Mario golf online with a few mates is a good way to turn a hungover Sunday into a drinking at 11am Sunday. Or it was til one of the mates sold his switch.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

the Mario Golf on 3DS is one of the best games on the console, just great golf FUN

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Only 11am and already 36° and heading for 41°.

:sigh:

At least it's not humid.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Speaking of Switch and golf, Golf Story is great, a tribute to old school Mario Golf by an Australian developer. It's also got a sequel Sports Story, though I haven't played that yet.

Seconded. I finished it recently and was genuinely sad it was over. Unfortunately I've heard that the sequel is not so good and the devs have more or less dropped support and gone quiet.

Carth Dookie posted:

This looks sick.

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008
My company just announced a roll out of a new email signature recently (which has since taken place), but they didn't even test it against dark mode.

So the email I got where they signed off with it, I couldn't read poo poo in the section where it says their name and role and business links lol

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

sick of Applebees posted:

My company just announced a roll out of a new email signature recently (which has since taken place), but they didn't even test it against dark mode.

So the email I got where they signed off with it, I couldn't read poo poo in the section where it says their name and role and business links lol

IT Dept:

KTS
Jun 22, 2004

I wax my rocket every day!

alf_pogs posted:

the Mario Golf on 3DS is one of the best games on the console, just great golf FUN

Mario Golf GBA was the best, mainly because I dumped the ROM of it and it's part of the official romset but also because that was a banging Mario Golf game

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Bill Posters posted:

Seconded. I finished it recently and was genuinely sad it was over. Unfortunately I've heard that the sequel is not so good and the devs have more or less dropped support and gone quiet.

This looks sick.

It's good for 2.50 I wouldn't pay the full $15 or whatever.

Downloaded the Mario golf game. Not sure how I feel about the race mode (speed golf). It's fun, but I have a fundamental dislike of being on a timer during games, especially golf games.

I'm also 99% certain that this is the first Mario game I've owned which feels kinda weird.

I looked at golf story and decided to skip, but given the recommendations here I'm rethinking it.

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST

EoinCannon posted:

I'll watch golf
I'll watch an entire marathon
I watch the tour de France
I love watching athletics
Darts
Snooker

I don't give a poo poo

Won't watch swimming, motorsport, horse racing

big this ^

any sport of any kind as long as there are lots of camera angles and the commentary isnt too jarring/no one has an annoying voice. If some pals are around I'll watch competitive paint drying

current affairs, light-hearted game shows and cooking programs, on the other hand, will vanish me from the lounge room like a catastrophic decompression event

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I've applied the same logic to YouTube videos (good presentation, easy voice, no bullshit editing) since all the popular talking heads on YouTube tend to cover similar topics you can just find the one that hits that sweet spot.

Any scale modeller that talks is instantly in the bin.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
What if they give the models their own voices?

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Oh god the uv must be 307% outside

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Watching golf - Boring
Playing golf (in a video game) - Great, you get to do the interesting skill stuff all the time
Playing golf (in real life) - Good, depending where it's a nice walk for a few hours.

South Australia has a bucket load of public courses too.

Breetai posted:

The above poo poo is why the only spectator sport I have ever been able to stand has been roller derby, because it's a tight two half-hour halves per bout, completely non-stop action, and if you even think about looking away from the action on the track you're going to miss things like a jammer flying 2 m horizontally at waist height onto concrete, bouncing once and then getting straight up again, or one of the blockers grabbing another blocker on their team by the back of her shirt and using her like a battering ram on the opposing jammer.
Derby is great.
Hyped I got invited to be apart of a derby market on the 9th.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Non Compos Mentis posted:

It's 'only' 12 (extreme). That's stay indoors rating for everywhere else in the world but beach weather for Australia because we love skin cancer so much.

But yeah, I could feel myself just burning going outside. Chuck in the humidity from the building storm and its just rancid out there.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
It's a bit wet outside at the moment in Victoria, hey?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

My body had a finite amount of melanin at birth and used it all on freckles in weird places so yeah I'm not even sitting near a window today.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
The sun is trying to kill us

We must sacrifice people to it to appease it

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Laserface posted:

Any scale modeller that talks is instantly in the bin.

Luke Towan, Bobby Fingers and Studson Studios all talk and are good.

I do, however, agree with the general sentiment. Especially any one who tries to 'youtube' things up.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Non Compos Mentis posted:

I went for a run and I feel a bit grilled tbh

I can see the storm coming across Melbourne towards me rn though. Lightning going nuts. C'mon cool change.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
I learnt yesterday that the rabbit plague in australia was started by a victorian

loving victorians

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

EoinCannon posted:

I can see the storm coming across Melbourne towards me rn though. Lightning going nuts. C'mon cool change.

Literally passed right by me. Stepped outside when I saw the dark clouds, had about ten seconds of scattered drops and that was it.

Still 40°.

gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Literally passed right by me. Stepped outside when I saw the dark clouds, had about ten seconds of scattered drops and that was it.

Still 40°.

gently caress.

There's three bands of stormclouds crossing over the state, you might get a little something from the last one