Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Gripweed posted:

Otherworldly Isekai Nobu and Restaurant to Another World both feature chefs becoming famous and beloved for introducing modern Japanese pub food to medieval European worlds.

The only good genre of isekai

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Srice posted:

I would. Jealous?

no they seem like dull worlds tbh

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I. M. Gei posted:

I think it's weird how there's no isekais where the character is upset about getting world-swapped and wants nothing more than to go back to their own world. That's probably how I'd react in that situation.

rayearth

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Has anyone actually watched the vending machine isekai yet, I haven't but I'm morbidly curious

Iceblocks
Jan 5, 2013
Taco Defender

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Thought you were going to mention the superior martial artist isekai

Title?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 25 days!)

To fully appreciate it you're gonna have to read Baki.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

To fully appreciate it you're gonna have to read Baki.

i feel this is a bit misleading, as you do not read baki as much as you simply experience baki

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

The Oldest Man posted:

Has anyone actually watched the vending machine isekai yet, I haven't but I'm morbidly curious

It’s fine. More cute than anything. Protagonist can barely communicate with the cast and the plot is mostly him trying to figure out clever solutions for the current problem of the day using a combination of vending machine goods

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
I wish isekai would stop hand waving away language acquisition, - i think a protagonist desperately trying to learn the phrase "please don't murder me" as a driving plot would be interesting, especially if they bought in some real world linguistics. Ascendence of a bookworm does it a bit with reading and writing, but iirc she's learned it within a single anime episode and is a class traitor by the next season.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

tokin opposition posted:

I wish isekai would stop hand waving away language acquisition, - i think a protagonist desperately trying to learn the phrase "please don't murder me" as a driving plot would be interesting, especially if they bought in some real world linguistics. Ascendence of a bookworm does it a bit with reading and writing, but iirc she's learned it within a single anime episode and is a class traitor by the next season.

Please tell me you’ve read Heterogenia Linguistico.

Edit: don’t be put off by the “hetero” part, they don’t mean it like that

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Gripweed posted:

Edit: don’t be put off by the “hetero” part, they don’t mean it like that

we demand yaoi!!!!!!!

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tokin opposition posted:

she’s a class traitor to the priesthood, you mean

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Scarabrae posted:

just realized Now and Then, Here and There is an isekai

:wow:

thanks for randomly posting about this anime bc im watching it rn and it is as brutal as it is good :smith:

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

MLKQUOTEMACHINE posted:

thanks for randomly posting about this anime bc im watching it rn and it is as brutal as it is good :smith:

oh ya its a loving trip

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
poo poo hurted

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/RainStrive/status/1757662996833444176?s=20

MMania
May 7, 2008
No love for Eminence in Shadow, the isekai with a hundred hot adult servants that the MC (whose previous life we get to see as his personality directly impacts his decisions) never once hits on? And the few that are trying to get into his pants are ridiculed both metatextually as well as directly by the other servants? Tell me isekai goal #1 for you wouldn't be to swoop in at the last moment, stop an assassin's blade an inch away from the king's throat, and grimly whisper "when a holy sword is removed from it's sheath, it's sparkling blade is set free?"

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

no, no love for this nonsense sorry

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(
love me some Eminence in Shadow, it's very fun in that every other secondary character would be an acceptable main character for a story yet we are only seeing the world unfold from the perspective of this objectively crazy idiot with terminal chuunibyo

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it wouldn't work at all if cid took any of it seriously or was interested in girls. his character alone is what turns a cookie cutter power fantasy into a farce.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
He's a complete sociopath and it's perfection.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The protagonist having a pathetic power fantasy that makes him lame even as he becomes the most powerful person in another world is kind of :thejoke:

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

https://twitter.com/dyingnome/status/1757815719754891691

it is the year of the elf

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

lol at the superfan in the upper left

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

that sicko WOULD love Camellia

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

solas couldn't charm stink off a roach

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

that sicko WOULD love Camellia

lol yeah I was like really the snotty serial killer huh

Buck Wildman has issued a correction as of 23:45 on Feb 14, 2024

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Buck Wildman posted:

lol yeah I was like really the snotty (spoiler) huh

Camellia acts like a creep constantly for the first three acts.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

fine fine

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lol the idea of sera having a different VA and how it all translates overseas seems hilarious

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Finished Dark Gathering. Catching ghost pokemon in order to catch bigger ghost pokemon is a good concept, nicely executed. So should I watch that eminence show now or is it isekai slop?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the anime starts real rough. i don't think anyone involved was aware that it was supposed to be a comedy, at first.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

can't believe she drew aloth but not iselmyr smh

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Lollin at the little adoring fan

She's such a treasure, that Ryoko Kui

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Fenris owns, best DA character.

DA2 also best DA game. Wish it could reasonably be played with a controller.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Been checking out Metallic Rouge. It's pretty fun so far. Like a weird cross between Ergo Proxy and Bladerunner with some tokusatsu elements thrown in. It's set in the distant future where humanity has colonized Mars and lives alongside a race of humanoid androids called the Nean who have Asimov's three laws programmed into them. The protagonist, Rouge Redstar, is a highly advanced Nean who bypasses those laws and has been given the mission to eliminate a group of rebellious Neans known as the Immortal Nine. That's the superficial gist of it, but the plot clearly has a lot of stuff going on in the background that hasn't been revealed yet. The art and animation are fantastic and the dynamic between Rouge and her human assistant, Naomi Orthmann, is delightful. Worth checking out for sure

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I lol'd at today's dungeon food and the guy singing off-key to annoy the sirens into leaving

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

lol hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(
unrealistic beauty standards, try as I might I will never be a 5 feet tall 5 feet wide mass of muscle and hair.