Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Yeah, I don't particularly want him to go to jail for this, but I won't exactly be grief stricken if it happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

NorgLyle posted:

I think he just posted a bunch of very pro-Genocide Israel takes because he likes to cosplay being an American conservative. Which is dumb and gross but, like, in my ideal world probably wouldn't land you in prison.

It would in mine. Granted, mine would also label "court mandated psychotherapy until improvement demonstrated" as prison

Discount Dracula
Aug 15, 2003

Nap Ghost

Oh poo poo! Oh poo poo! OH poo poo!!

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

has someone been loving around??

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
ian miles chud RIP (rehabilitate in prison)

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

NorgLyle posted:

I think he just posted a bunch of very pro-Genocide Israel takes because he likes to cosplay being an American conservative. Which is dumb and gross but, like, in my ideal world probably wouldn't land you in prison.
Well surely this encounter with an oppressive government will cause him to reevaluate his world view on how those who don't agree with the majority should be treated, right?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

The wrong vehicle flipped :mad:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

credburn posted:

The wrong vehicle flipped :mad:

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Hihohe posted:

This one?

I appreciate the craftsmanship in ironing a sheet to make it look like corrugated metal.

This is what those dreams feel like when you are driving but suddenly can't reach the steering wheel.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
I believe those are alternating stripes of tan

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Tree Bucket posted:

This is what those dreams feel like when you are driving but suddenly can't reach the steering wheel.

The scooter is a pretty good reveal

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Tree Bucket posted:

I appreciate the craftsmanship in ironing a sheet to make it look like corrugated metal.

They're just stripes, aren't they?

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Megillah Gorilla posted:

They're just stripes, aren't they?

Hmm! guess I was led astray by the near wobbly edge of the sheet.
Great to see that a tv segment for infants has exceeded my visual processing abilities

Bacon Taco
Jun 8, 2006

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
Dinosaur Gum

Guyver posted:

I remember reading a story of a woman who drove out of a parking lot with someone else's car because they were the same color and had the same key.

There's only like 6 keys for each car model so it's a dice roll if yours works in someone else's ignition.

Exact same thing happened to this girl I knew in college in the 80s. She didn't realize it wasn't her car until she got where she was going, and somehow she realized then she wasn't in her car and sped back to her original location to get her real car. This was in Arizona, so she stood a substantial chance of getting shot by the car owner or by a multitude of Arizona cops while she was in it. Thankfully no one shot her.

Obsoletely Fabulous
May 6, 2008

Who are you, and why should I care?

Bacon Taco posted:

Exact same thing happened to this girl I knew in college in the 80s. She didn't realize it wasn't her car until she got where she was going, and somehow she realized then she wasn't in her car and sped back to her original location to get her real car. This was in Arizona, so she stood a substantial chance of getting shot by the car owner or by a multitude of Arizona cops while she was in it. Thankfully no one shot her.

I had this happen in the early 2000s. This woman and I both had red, step side, GMC Sonomas with tonneau covers on the bed. Literally the only difference was our license plates and mine had a Thinkgeek sticker on the back window. Our keys could unlock and start the other person's car. We both did it at least once. I found out when I started the car and the wrong music came on. Then I looked around and there was a bunch of poo poo that wasn't mine in the truck. Thankfully neither of us drove off with the other's car and it became something of a joke because we had a bunch of the same classes and went drinking at the same bars.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
old GM keys were notorious for this. an era gone by

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I learned this myself with an old 1980s Laser when a friend who had the same model car accidentally opened my door with his key. Out of curiosity, I had him try the ignition and, yep, he could start the car.

Yet I could neither open his car nor start it, work that out.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Harking back to words that have changed, there's a neat idea that words become "skunked", where unless you know the person you're talking to will for sure know what you meant some words are gpnna might be misunderstood because it'll have a different common meaning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVbCY51iz1k

Obviously doesn't apply to children

The Peccadillo has a new favorite as of 06:44 on Feb 13, 2024

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

NorgLyle posted:

Shitposting yourself to life in Malaysian hellprison. To own the libs. Truly an Ur-Goon.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

I don't know this one :confused:

e: "how bemusing would that be?" made me chuckle

e2: bemused is one of the words that I never hear used incorrectly. The video suggests it's one of the most commonly misused words :confused:

e3: nonplussed was a word I used incorrectly when I was a teenager until, I think it was here actually, on these forums, someone corrected me

e4: I've been using ambivalent wrong this whole loving time :O

credburn has a new favorite as of 06:56 on Feb 13, 2024

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

It would in mine. Granted, mine would also label "court mandated psychotherapy until improvement demonstrated" as prison

Please don't post fascist fantasies in the Schadenfreude thread.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Atticus_1354 posted:

Please don't post fascist fantasies in the Schadenfreude thread.

That's it, I'm putting you in prison young man!

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Carthag Tuek posted:

lmao love that you dont have to prove you own the car in any way. did he take down your info or something so they could check later??

they make you show id and registration in bumfuck nc. the problem is your key is locked in the car with the registration so they are usually cool to check id open it and have you show the registration. which is what i assume happened here. locksmith opens car guy goes to get key / registration and notices oh poo poo wrong car.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
https://i.imgur.com/KhPOxvO.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/ie7fonH.mp4
Probably staged?

https://i.imgur.com/Hqwu748.mp4
Relieved this isn't schade.

https://i.imgur.com/soTtbwx.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/7BnksiV.mp4

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

Hihohe posted:

This one?

That's it! Thanks a bunch, I've had difficulty finding it

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Poor rhino just wanted a friend.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

I'm pretty sure that cat knows exactly what they're doing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEQj8MejLQc

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Hyperlynx posted:

I'm pretty sure that cat knows exactly what they're doing.

Based on having cats, I'm pretty sure they usually don't know what they are doing unless what they are doing is destroying your stuff.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Jamarocat

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
Christ cats are stupid

Edit: oops more posts. Still. Cats are stupid. I have two and there is nothing going on up there

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
i was waiting for the cat to throw up on the table

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7z3bbPQngM

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

gently caress that. gently caress him. I'm glad if he gets taken off the board even if it's his lovely government that did it. He's a piece of poo poo and deserves it.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

John Wick of Dogs posted:

gently caress that. gently caress him. I'm glad if he gets taken off the board even if it's his lovely government that did it. He's a piece of poo poo and deserves it.

Weird thing to say about a cat on a lazy susan but okay???

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

John Wick of Dogs posted:

What cspam does to a mfer

Can't even watch a cat spin around

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
When Giotto was asked to demonstrate proof of his artistic mastery to the pope, he got up onto a lazy susan and barfed a perfect circle. This is enough, and more than enough, he said.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
https://i.imgur.com/k4Pd6v1.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/jGNgleA.mp4

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Fight the system

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme