Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

5er
Jun 1, 2000

HKR posted:

most catholics don't either

Catholicism for as long as they could manage maintained the fine tradition established in their Roman empire state cult roots of restricting literacy to themselves and the ruling elite. They and their sectarian enemies all have a long goal of bringing this back. Any time you see a lovely county in a state with a lovely conservative-dominated government where they are actually laboring to snuff out public education in favor of religious privatized schools, it's this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

kazil posted:

ok boomer

It's okay Xer, your Classic Rock Radio stations that plays Creed, Elton John, Nirvana, and Steely Dan is safe for now.

Edit: and Green Day, and the Killers.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

sorry don't know who those are

5er
Jun 1, 2000

kazil posted:

You cannot communicate fluently in English without knowing who Elton John is.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Time_pants posted:

I am really, really glad I'm not the only one thinking this.

Is it the media just not covering her or what? Even when Pence was doing poo poo, it was on the news, and it was mostly dumb stupid bullshit.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

kazil posted:

Miley Cyrus fan eh. Can't even be respectable with Sza, or Sola?

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

5er posted:

Catholicism for as long as they could manage maintained the fine tradition established in their Roman empire state cult roots of restricting literacy to themselves and the ruling elite. They and their sectarian enemies all have a long goal of bringing this back. Any time you see a lovely county in a state with a lovely conservative-dominated government where they are actually laboring to snuff out public education in favor of religious privatized schools, it's this.

Lol I'm not a fan of the Catholic church but one of their whole things is having good schools and colleges. I know a couple of atheists who went to a catholic college and they liked it. They had to take one or two theology classes they thought were interesting. Your theory doesn't really check out if you take the last few hundred years into account.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
They couldn't stop the education so they took it over to further indoctrinate lol not hard to figure out

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Strong Sauce posted:

kamala harris also has the charisma of a ron desantis.

She also leans very heavily to the right when it comes to supporting cops, and at one point was the Attorney General for California. So she sucks no matter what.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Gavin Newsom in 2028. I mean sure he's not great but he does have charisma.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

I want a brokered convention where some competent person gets drafted to run even though they don't realahhahahhahahaHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

sorry

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Kamala Harris is a charisma black hole. Like if it was possible to have negative charisma. Basically treated charisma as a dump stat in Baldurs Gate 3.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Hollismason posted:

Kamala Harris is a charisma black hole. Like if it was possible to have negative charisma. Basically treated charisma as a dump stat in Baldurs Gate 3.

so she's on par with every republican, got it

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I hate to break this to you and you won't like it but MTG is a far more charismatic politician than Kamala Harris. Even that dweeb that have as speaker now has more charisma about him than Harris.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I guess it depends who you're appealing to, someone that openly awful and stupid doesn't have charisma that works on me.

Lots of dems have 0 charisma. Kamala sucks rear end in general.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I hate to break this to you and you won't like it but MTG is a far more charismatic politician than Kamala Harris. Even that dweeb that have as speaker now has more charisma about him than Harris.

In the same way that Trump is, maybe. That is to say, charismatic to lead poisoned illiterate morons. There should way to distinguish the two types of negative charisma. Kamala is boring, but MTG is offensively off-putting.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
E: wrong thread sorry

Seth Pecksniff fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Feb 13, 2024

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away
I consulted with an expert on youth culture (tweenage nephew) and he says it is not a satanic hand gesture, those are llamas she’s making with her hands.

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

Hollismason posted:

Yeah assuming Dementia Don doesn't win this year, Dems are still going to be in a weird place in 2028.

Presumably Harris will run, putting Dems in a place similar to 2000 but with someone somehow less charismatic than Al Gore. So does Newsom or someone challenge her?
If Biden doesn't finish his term, then she'll be running as an Incumbent President, making it even harder for someone to challenge her.

Also republicans will very, very likely take the senate this fall, meaning literally nothing will get done for at least the first half of the term including zero judicial appointments, not sure how the map looks in 2026 for the senate.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Assuming this is the end for him, it's the single funniest way his career trajectory could have possibly ended

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Ian Miles of Schlong finally reaping the consequences of his actions would be great. :sickos:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
actual sedition? Lol. Nobody should care about this man, and I'm very rarely in favor of Malaysia making GBS threads on dissidents.

HOWEVER,

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Donald trump has announced his running mate for this election is marathon fastest time holder eliud kipchoge

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Rescue Toaster posted:

Yeah assuming Dementia Don doesn't win this year, Dems are still going to be in a weird place in 2028.

Presumably Harris will run, putting Dems in a place similar to 2000 but with someone somehow less charismatic than Al Gore. So does Newsom or someone challenge her?
If Biden doesn't finish his term, then she'll be running as an Incumbent President, making it even harder for someone to challenge her.

Also republicans will very, very likely take the senate this fall, meaning literally nothing will get done for at least the first half of the term including zero judicial appointments, not sure how the map looks in 2026 for the senate.

I think we got to make it to 2028 somehow without Trump winning in 2024. If we make it to 2028 and Trump is in prison / dead/ whatever, then we're in okay shape.

Maybe?

I just wanna make it through this year.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/politicoalex/status/1757212226488832269

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey

Google Jeb Bush posted:

actual sedition? Lol. Nobody should care about this man, and I'm very rarely in favor of Malaysia making GBS threads on dissidents.

HOWEVER,

Poetic justice. Now if only every other fascist-enabling blue checkmark dipshit on Xitter could face the full brunt of what they’re trying to impose on the rest of us.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
There's something fascinating about seeing the full weight of, you know, actual society roll over the top of someone used to peddling frothy twitter rage

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
2028 is very likely going to be a clown car even if Harris is the incumbent (god forbid), but we have a lot of really good clowns lined up. There are going to be people running we don't predict, even. Of the people who currently are prominent, I'm tentatively rooting for either Pritzker or a union leader - Shawn Fain is loving great, if he wants to run for president I'd love it.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Wikipedia posted:

Lara Yunaska was born in Wilmington, North Carolina, on October 12, 1982, to Linda Ann Sykes and Robert Luke Yunaska. She has a younger brother, Kyle Robert Yunaska. She attended Emsley A. Laney High School. Trump graduated cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts degree in communication from North Carolina State University and also studied at the French Culinary Institute in New York.

Trump was a story coordinator and producer for the TV news magazine Inside Edition from 2012 to 2016. On March 29, 2021, Trump joined Fox News as a contributor.

:lol:

:getin:

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Pretty funny imo that the average chud thinks Ronna McDaniel is responsible for their recent election and funding losses, and not the gross fat rapist criminal stupid evil most-hated-man on the planet piece of poo poo that is their entire party's brand right now. I guess scapegoating a woman for your failures is as Republican as it gets tho.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
I hear an awful lot of people bitching about modern music, specifically pop.

I don't like modern pop that much, so I don't listen to it.

That's it, that's all there is to it. Unless you work in a place that plays music you can't control all day, how is it in this world of streaming that you're being so exposed to music you hate? Just listen to something else!

I can imagine if it were still 1995 and you can't afford a CD player yet and your only source of music is the radio and MTV, sure, alright you're kind of stuck listening to whatever's popular, maybe. But in 2024? Come on.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

That took way longer than I would have ever expected. How Ronna McDaniel managed to keep her post after the 2022 midterms is beyond me.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I about to turn 57 and I can’t remember which year some horrible thing happened to me not too long ago

I super identified with Biden not remembering the year of his sons death when having to come up with it immediately

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

:sickos:

Way to fuckin’ go, Republicans. The conman grifter mobster now literally owns your party. :golfclap:

In 2016, you can bet Reince and Paul Ryan and Kevin McCarthy and Mitch McConnell were all thinking, “we can ride this idiot into power and provide him guardrails to keep him from flying off the handle.” Now, you’re loving gutted. He owns you. He controls you. And soon, there will be nothing left.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

it's official? hahahahaha

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

lol he's destroying the party in open view and everyone is too cowardly to stand up to him lol

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

credburn posted:

I hear an awful lot of people bitching about modern music, specifically pop.

I don't like modern pop that much, so I don't listen to it.

That's it, that's all there is to it. Unless you work in a place that plays music you can't control all day, how is it in this world of streaming that you're being so exposed to music you hate? Just listen to something else!

I can imagine if it were still 1995 and you can't afford a CD player yet and your only source of music is the radio and MTV, sure, alright you're kind of stuck listening to whatever's popular, maybe. But in 2024? Come on.

Really my main complaint about music, and I have a feeling this is what people are really whining about; is that the discovery of new music is really difficult. Spotify’s music discovery algorithm is terrible. I find new stuff through word of mouth, but it’s usually a pretty long period in between discovering a band that is new to me and that I vibe with really well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

I said come in! posted:

Really my main complaint about music, and I have a feeling this is what people are really whining about; is that the discovery of new music is really difficult. Spotify’s music discovery algorithm is terrible. I find new stuff through word of mouth, but it’s usually a pretty long period in between discovering a band that is new to me and that I vibe with really well.

Spotify's algorithm is goofy terrible. Sometimes I accidentally do "smart shuffle" instead of "shuffle" and it's like, oh hey what this death metal playlist needs is some Staind!