Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Google Jeb Bush posted:

2028 is very likely going to be a clown car even if Harris is the incumbent (god forbid), but we have a lot of really good clowns lined up. There are going to be people running we don't predict, even. Of the people who currently are prominent, I'm tentatively rooting for either Pritzker or a union leader - Shawn Fain is loving great, if he wants to run for president I'd love it.
it’s going to be newsom vs desantis

or hillary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
That's loving great news that the Trumps are involved with managing the money of the RNC. Its super good news for the Democrats because Trump is 100% going to try to figure out how to pay off the hundreds of millions of dollars he's going to get fined by Engoron.

Reminder that Trump is still the most expensive ex president and still charges his secret service.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Google Jeb Bush posted:

2028 is very likely going to be a clown car even if Harris is the incumbent (god forbid), but we have a lot of really good clowns lined up. There are going to be people running we don't predict, even. Of the people who currently are prominent, I'm tentatively rooting for either Pritzker or a union leader - Shawn Fain is loving great, if he wants to run for president I'd love it.
If he’s still around I’m sure Biden would endorse Shawn Fain at every opportunity. Fain could propose an expansion of the IRA.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Faustian Bargain posted:

or hillary

Realistically it’s going to be something super terrible like this.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

HKR posted:

take a break and come back after the conventions.

I just wanted to echo this. It is shockingly easy to disengage from the world. You can opt out of the media like nobody's business if you just don't go looking for it.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

vaginite posted:

Pretty funny imo that the average chud thinks Ronna McDaniel is responsible for their recent election and funding losses, and not the gross fat rapist criminal stupid evil most-hated-man on the planet piece of poo poo that is their entire party's brand right now. I guess scapegoating a woman for your failures is as Republican as it gets tho.

Aramis posted:

That took way longer than I would have ever expected. How Ronna McDaniel managed to keep her post after the 2022 midterms is beyond me.

Yup. Ronna is actually good at being a party chair (based of her tenure at the Michigan state GOP) and she made the best of a bad situation at the RNC. They think she brought them to rock bottom, but I have a feeling this is the beginning of things getting a whole lot worse for the RNC.

The Trump campaign in 2020 spent money buying ads in Washington DC so that Trump would see them. Those ads did nothing in terms of votes, it was 100% to assuage Trump’s ego. Now that is going to be the mentality of the party apparatus that’s responsible for the down ballot and smaller races.

Trump’s campaign won’t need money. Trump gets all kinds of money. But now, money for down ballot races will be going to Trump. That’s hilarious.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
OK, here is the plan, we are going to put someone so vain and stupid that they used their position as daughter-in-law of the former President to try and launch a music career at the age of 40 doing terrible covers of songs by artists that hate her in charge of the entire Republican party.

By the time we get to the election it is going to come out she had spent millions of dollars redecorating the GOP offices and had like a $100k a month flower budget.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

credburn posted:

I hear an awful lot of people bitching about modern music, specifically pop.
but then how will everyone know how refined your tastes are since you hate popular thing?

see also, people who say “sports ball”

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

It's about time someone rolled out an expert on dementia to put things straight.

I just talked to an old friend, 18 years working in aged mental health facilities (A loving hero of a person, the job sounds loving awful. between having human poo poo thrown at her and being bitten occasionally, she still does it).
After some discussion about dementia and speech, I asked her about Biden and Trump.

Her summation:
Biden: "He's just old"
Trump: "FTD, absolutely."

Now, this is just anecdotal on my part. But poo poo, this should be handled by experts and headlined everywhere.

This sort of thing has actually happened before and it turned into a gigantic medical ethics scandal. I can't remember the particulars but at some point a politician got a psychiatrist to talk to reporters and declare their opponent had some sort of mental health disorder and was therefore unfit for office. Naturally the psychiatrist was just doing it for self serving reasons and the resulting scandal was a huge black eye for the field of mental health.

So now that sort of thing is considered a red line not to be crossed. If they're not your patient then you don't get to diagnose them with anything.

Or that's how I recall it. I'll see if I can dig up more details.

Edit: Ah, here it is. And lol at who it's named after: Goldwater rule

Seems it was more straight forward than I remember.

wash bucket fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Feb 13, 2024

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

wash bucket posted:

This sort of thing has actually happened before and it turned into a gigantic medical ethics scandal. I can't remember the particulars but at some point a politician got a psychiatrist to talk to reporters and declare their opponent had some sort of mental health disorder and was therefore unfit for office. Naturally the psychiatrist was just doing it for self serving reasons and the resulting scandal was a huge black eye for the field of mental health.

So now that sort of thing is considered a red line not to be crossed. If they're not your patient then you don't get to diagnose them with anything.

I want to know what FTD means

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Cat Hassler posted:

I about to turn 57 and I can’t remember which year some horrible thing happened to me not too long ago

I super identified with Biden not remembering the year of his sons death when having to come up with it immediately

I mean if you just watch that "tour of the Oval Office" video he did a couple weeks ago where he reminisces about his Corvette and talks about launch control it's plainly obvious he is completely lucid, just old. But in that same video he shows off his collection of what he calls "command coins" when it's clear what he means to say is "challenge coins" (probably to the jeers of any chud who watched it, i.e. nobody). He substitutes one word for another all the time. It's a thing a lot of people do, hell I do it more often than I'm comfortable. Done it my whole drat life, I just suck at talking and thinking at the same time

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Yup. Ronna is actually good at being a party chair (based of her tenure at the Michigan state GOP) and she made the best of a bad situation at the RNC. They think she brought them to rock bottom, but I have a feeling this is the beginning of things getting a whole lot worse for the RNC.

The Trump campaign in 2020 spent money buying ads in Washington DC so that Trump would see them. Those ads did nothing in terms of votes, it was 100% to assuage Trump’s ego. Now that is going to be the mentality of the party apparatus that’s responsible for the down ballot and smaller races.

Trump’s campaign won’t need money. Trump gets all kinds of money. But now, money for down ballot races will be going to Trump. That’s hilarious.

Yeah its going to be loving great.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
is that trash can batman goon doing a bit or are they really that hosed in the head?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Imagine if Trump won in 2020 and he served Big Macs and McNuggets to Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift at the White House

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
no one will work for a harris campaign, lol. she is a complete nonfactor for 2028

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Nessus posted:

Fashioned Traditional Dark

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Agreed on all points. In particular the bolded part. It's pretty clear the GOP's strategy of weathering the storm until Trump is not a thing politically anymore is completely dead in the water. If anyone thought the GOP was silly and dysfunctional up until now, then they've seen nothing yet.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Data Graham posted:

I mean if you just watch that "tour of the Oval Office" video he did a couple weeks ago where he reminisces about his Corvette and talks about launch control it's plainly obvious he is completely lucid, just old. But in that same video he shows off his collection of what he calls "command coins" when it's clear what he means to say is "challenge coins" (probably to the jeers of any chud who watched it, i.e. nobody). He substitutes one word for another all the time. It's a thing a lot of people do, hell I do it more often than I'm comfortable. Done it my whole drat life, I just suck at talking and thinking at the same time

There are also plenty of times he trails off or has to try multiple times to do a sentence because he can't hold a train of thought. Pretending his only problem is sometimes using a wrong word is just hilarious copium

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Faustian Bargain posted:

or hillary

there is no way in hell ol' pudding fingers gets another shot

it's gonna be a few of the lesser known True Believers, a couple of empty suits, a repeat customer like Christie and a new swivel-eyed lunatic or two. Whoever pledges fealty hardest to their Corpse God will get the nomination.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

wash bucket posted:

Just general good advice anyway. Someone who's actually an expert on something will refrain from weighing in (or do so with extreme qualifiers to all of their statements) without having complete information. Aside from quick "probably" comments to colleagues, like actually going on record or making public statements.

It's why it's so hard to fight disinformation in any field - complete bullshit is easy to make up, making factually correct statements is hard and takes effort.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

dee eight posted:

is that trash can batman goon doing a bit or are they really that hosed in the head?

Why is it so hard to imagine someone supports Trump? He won an election.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Desantis is loving done. He's not coming back in 2028. I think 2028 is probably Nikki Haley again or that Governor of North Dakota whose name I forget.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Haris is so disliked that I was quite shocked that biden still managed to win 2020 with her as his VP pick. I imagine she'd get less votes in the 2028 primary than she did in the 2020, and much much less if she somehow manages to become president between now and then.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Nessus posted:

Frontal Temporal Dementia

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Nessus posted:

Fascist Trumpian Dickheadery.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
My uncle has FTD and all he does is sleep all the time. If Trump had FTD it would be really really apparent.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The Republican nominee in 2028, 2032, maybe even 2036, will be TRUMP. This is not ending. This is not ever ending. It will always be TRUMP

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Hollismason posted:

My uncle has FTD and all he does is sleep all the time. If Trump had FTD it would be really really apparent.
Does your uncle take Adderall

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
If Trump is alive in 2028 he is going to run for President. Even if he is in jail or if he's been convicted of 91 felonies.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

John Wick of Dogs posted:

The Republican nominee in 2028, 2032, maybe even 2036, will be TRUMP. This is not ending. This is not ever ending. It will always be TRUMP

If Trump loses in 2024 and the party still nominates him again in 2028, then that means the Republican Party is dead.

If he wins, who honestly knows if we actually have elections again. :shrug:

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

wash bucket posted:

Why is it so hard to imagine someone supports Trump?

because i know who and what trump is

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

HKR posted:

Haris is so disliked that I was quite shocked that biden still managed to win 2020 with her as his VP pick. I imagine she'd get less votes in the 2028 primary than she did in the 2020, and much much less if she somehow manages to become president between now and then.

That'd be quite a feat considering she was so bad she was out before receiving a single vote.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Nessus posted:

Does your uncle take Adderall

No he doesn't. Wait he may not have FTD. My uncle has the same thing that Bruce Willis has.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Aramis posted:

Agreed on all points. In particular the bolded part. It's pretty clear the GOP's strategy of weathering the storm until Trump is not a thing politically anymore is completely dead in the water. If anyone thought the GOP was silly and dysfunctional up until now, then they've seen nothing yet.

Yeah ideologically they've always been a disjointed mess that focused on pandering to the biggest dipshits and their base worldview to get into power, but the guys actually running things were extremely organized and clever (and evil). The Cheneys, Romneys, Mc/Connell/Cain/Carthys, et. al knew how to wield the chud power and entrench themselves and their party.

Then some grifters moved in, threw them out, and are tearing the copper wire out of the walls. It's fuckin' hilarious.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

wash bucket posted:

Why is it so hard to imagine someone supports Trump? He won an election.

It hard to imagine someone who supports Trump posting here because all the OG Trump supporters got themselves banned for transphobia and racism over the past eight years.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

Hollismason posted:

My uncle has the same thing that Bruce Willis has.

a machine gun? HO HO HO

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Hollismason posted:

Desantis is loving done. He's not coming back in 2028. I think 2028 is probably Nikki Haley again or that Governor of North Dakota whose name I forget.

Noem Name Brand

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Faustian Bargain posted:

or hillary

A year ago I'd agree on DeSantis but tbh I'm not sure based on his campaign this year that ol puddingfingers can beat a marginally more normal fascist. or Trump running from prison or a care home

Newsom probably has actual bodies buried in his backyard. He's the closest thing to a (not incumbent Harris) frontrunner but he's a million miles from assured.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Hollismason posted:

No he doesn't. Wait he may not have FTD. My uncle has the same thing that Bruce Willis has.
An Emmy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Google Jeb Bush posted:

A year ago I'd agree on DeSantis but tbh I'm not sure based on his campaign this year that ol puddingfingers can beat a marginally more normal fascist. or Trump running from prison or a care home

Newsom probably has actual bodies buried in his backyard. He's the closest thing to a (not incumbent Harris) frontrunner but he's a million miles from assured.

His ex-wife is Kimberly Guilfoyle. There’s no way that works out.