Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

GET A BRIAN, NIGHT CREWE MORANS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Right after I milk these hot dogs

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

gently caress you making me think about the Really Tall Guy

Troublemaker
Mar 12, 2007

https://twitter.com/notcapnamerica/status/1757237772601999832/photo/1

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Huh, apparently Chris Evans has blocked me on twitter lol

TheKub
May 11, 2006

What I am reading into this is that they red pilled when they should have blue pilled.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

kazil posted:

Gotta say, the Truth Social ads, while the same quality as Twitter ads, are far more entertaining

This makes me, (someone who knows nothing about American Football) think:

Has there ever been a Shane Warne/Mark Waugh esque match-fixing scandal in the NFL?

There was a famous one in baseball, ("say it aint so Joe" is all I know about it), and I think Ice Hockey has had a spot-fixing/betting scandal or 2.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

BrigadierSensible posted:

Has there ever been a Shane Warne/Mark Waugh esque match-fixing scandal in the NFL?

There was a famous one in baseball, ("say it aint so Joe" is all I know about it), and I think Ice Hockey has had a spot-fixing/betting scandal or 2.

No

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

TheKub posted:

What I am reading into this is that they red pilled when they should have blue pilled.

:dadjoke:

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

two fake things according to the worst people

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1757135910943023522?s=20

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Biggest NFL cheating scandal I can think of is Tom Brady's inflated balls.

dochermes
Feb 5, 2024

by Fluffdaddy

Hollismason posted:

It will absolutely be hilarious if Trump eventually appoints his daughter in law to lead the RNC because the chair of the RNC won't pay his hundred of millions of dollars of fines.

Trump if alive in 2028 and even in jail will run for President again.

edit:

We have to basically wait until the Boomers are all dead to get any real progress in our country.

You're in to be real disappointed by the new generation. Microplastics tangling in the brain tissue, believing TikTok, don't expect a new Golden Age

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Failed Imagineer posted:

gently caress you making me think about the Really Tall Guy

That was such a good movie.

I want them to make a sequel. I just want to keep watching it.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Well the owners of the NFL have been known to ignore the effects of subconcussive blows the impacts those might have on its employees leading to the death of those employeesand sometimes domestic violence, it's had owners that have taped employees naked without their concent and distributed those images to their friends, it's had owners that had to sell their team for widespread use of racial slurs, and even those guys didn't want donald trump to own a team.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Here's this thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpBPm0b9deQ

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

kazil posted:

Gotta say, the Truth Social ads, while the same quality as Twitter ads, are far more entertaining

I can’t get over how dystopian sounding “Sponsored Truth” is.

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

Oscar Wild posted:

it's had owners that had to sell their team for widespread use of racial slurs, and even those guys didn't want donald trump to own a team.

like the team went rotten and they had to sell off the rotten racist team? or the owner sold the team for rhe ability to use racial slurs widespreadly?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Renreeja posted:

like the team went rotten and they had to sell off the rotten racist team? or the owner sold the team for rhe ability to use racial slurs widespreadly?

The Washington Commanders got their new, lovely name because FedEx told Dan Snyder to change the loving name, asap, and then he got embroiled in a whole internal email scandal that kinda brushed some sex trafficking under the rug and was finally forced to sell

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Has trump come out against Taylor, or has it just been trying to take credit for her success?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Thesaurus posted:

Has trump come out against Taylor, or has it just been trying to take credit for her success?

The latter.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

He has enough low cunning to intuit and desire to benefit from her immense popularity, which is more than most of his followers can claim.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!

wash bucket posted:

This sort of thing has actually happened before and it turned into a gigantic medical ethics scandal. I can't remember the particulars but at some point a politician got a psychiatrist to talk to reporters and declare their opponent had some sort of mental health disorder and was therefore unfit for office. Naturally the psychiatrist was just doing it for self serving reasons and the resulting scandal was a huge black eye for the field of mental health.

So now that sort of thing is considered a red line not to be crossed. If they're not your patient then you don't get to diagnose them with anything.

Or that's how I recall it. I'll see if I can dig up more details.

Edit: Ah, here it is. And lol at who it's named after: Goldwater rule

Seems it was more straight forward than I remember.

Well darn...

But also fkn LOL at almost HALF of the drat page being about Trunt

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

Thesaurus posted:

He has enough low cunning to intuit and desire to benefit from her immense popularity, which is more than most of his followers can claim.

yeah his followers are gonna blow it for him, just like with abortion

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

There's twice as many humans on Earth since then. What a stupid metric.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
And god knows how many billions more screens to watch it on.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

wuffles posted:

We’ll never be free of Trump. We’ll all be dead and he’ll be holding rallies for 2060.

In1992 America's karmic calender flipped from 500 years of loving around to 500years of finding out

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Zesty posted:

There's twice as many humans on Earth since then. What a stupid metric.

there are twice as many people.. but also it is interesting since no one really watches tv anymore so basically the only thing people sit down for in record numbers now are sporting events. probably a big deal for the nfl since it means they can continue charging companies a ton of money for commercials.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
When is the superbowl?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
About a year or so.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

credburn posted:

When is the superbowl?

November 5. Swift V Trump.

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021

dochermes posted:

You're in to be real disappointed by the new generation. Microplastics tangling in the brain tissue, believing TikTok, don't expect a new Golden Age

Sometimes I wonder what we would be like as a species if we could just go a single generation without some kind of new and interesting self inflicted generational damage and decent nutrition.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

ragnarokette posted:

Sometimes I wonder what we would be like as a species if we could just go a single generation without some kind of new and interesting self inflicted generational damage and decent nutrition.

Lol good luck

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe
https://i.imgur.com/ZnsjdJI.mp4

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

WRONG the most viewers in history went to the 2 billion that watched Tucker Carlson's debut on X, the Everything App

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Nessus posted:

I want to know what FTD means

Fuckin' Toad Dick

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I hate to break this to you and you won't like it but MTG is a far more charismatic politician than Kamala Harris. Even that dweeb that have as speaker now has more charisma about him than Harris.

Goddamit, I can't read MTG without automatically reading it as 'Magic the Gathering' and my brain stuttering a moment while i recalibrate.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Wine Mom's 4 Trump!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
god id love to be high and employed