Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I don't know what the hell is going on but this Twitch drop is just not working for me. I've watched different streams for half a day first on my laptop, then on my phone, then both at once. Absolutely no progress. Normally I'd think this was an account linking issue but you can't link your accounts until you've got the drop.

E:

The PS5 version is also moderately crashy. Pretty much at least once complete crash every night.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Feb 13, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

novaSphere posted:

Man I dunno why people think the bots are harder than bugs. Stalkers and Bile Spewer spam is worse than anything the bots throw at you.

I think it's mainly the shock of going from being dudes with guns vs. Primarily melee things to fighting an opponent that has the ability to punish you for staying in fights that are bad or starting them at a positional disadvantage.

Also visibility on the jungle map is pretty bad.

The bots have more tricks that make life harder earlier on like ecm / mortars / aa guns.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Ugh, solo game put two loving chargers on the extract and that was legit impossible. No time to even use an EAT to pop a leg when one is constantly on your rear end and its buddy sideswipes you. It's honestly absurd that their "weak spot" isn't even that weak, you can dump most of an LMG mag into it and it'll still keep going.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
you can dive from almost any height and you'll barely lose any health, but if you just run you'll die pretty easily.

Guess thats what they give you helmets for :toot:

E) also the fatty fat roundboy armour in the superstore looks real funny and im tempted to put up with bein hella slow for that

Radical 90s Wizard fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Feb 13, 2024

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

toasterwarrior posted:

Ugh, solo game put two loving chargers on the extract and that was legit impossible. No time to even use an EAT to pop a leg when one is constantly on your rear end and its buddy sideswipes you. It's honestly absurd that their "weak spot" isn't even that weak, you can dump most of an LMG mag into it and it'll still keep going.

That's one of the somewhat counterintuitive things one of the devs mentioned earlier: The "squishy" parts in bugs like spewer sides and charger butts only receive 10% damage from bullets, apparently the only way to deal full damage against those is with explosive damage. So against a charger you basically have to use something explosive, either to explode its rear end or to remove an armor plate and let you shoot the unarmoured parts underneath.

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

Well, battlepass isn't pay to win for sure; the Incindiary Breaker is hot garbage compared to regular, amazing Breaker.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I've decided the 110mm eagle is underrated. It doesn't clock up a million kills, but having it in your pocket for when one bad thing is wrecking the teams poo poo it is an absolute godsend to be able to call a highly accurate and devastating hit in. If it had three uses it would be top tier for me.

JBP fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Feb 13, 2024

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

JBP posted:

I've decided the 110mm eagle is underrated. It doesn't clock up a million kills, but having it in your pocket for when one bad thing is wrecked the teams poo poo it is an absolute godsend to be able to call a highly accurate and devastating hit in. If it had three uses it would be too tier for me.

I took it per your advice, and as annoying as it is losing a slot to basically double up my anti-charger capabilities, it's better than getting caught against more than one with only EATs to respond with.

That said, it still can be spotty: had it hit a charger and do nothing to any limb armor. Also the range is dodgy as gently caress: I was getting hounded by a charger during an extract, I threw down the marker, and the Eagle instead went for a spore tower 100 meters away from the fight.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

toasterwarrior posted:

I took it per your advice, and as annoying as it is losing a slot to basically double up my anti-charger capabilities, it's better than getting caught against more than one with only EATs to respond with.

That said, it still can be spotty: had it hit a charger and do nothing to any limb armor. Also the range is dodgy as gently caress: I was getting hounded by a charger during an extract, I threw down the marker, and the Eagle instead went for a spore tower 100 meters away from the fight.

Yeah sometimes it doesn't work, but imo sometimes your other stuff that isn't guided also misses. I find it helps me way more often than it hinders and that I can use it under a lot of pressure. Pressure like having two chargers running around a bile titan's feet chasing other players lmao.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Also, just learned that the standard machinegun calldown is good: it punches through medium armor, which is basically the entire grown up bug category below chargers. Cuts down basic warriors, the hive guards that go into blocking stance, and even brood commanders. I've loved the Stalwart MG as a "primary" weapon but it does struggle against warrior waves so I guess it's time to retire it and be better about pacing my use of the MG. Only 2 reserve mags and a long, stationary reload stings like a MFer.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Direct hit with 500kg :sickos:

https://i.imgur.com/UKtb4DC.mp4

Hugging your bro after a job well done :shobon:

https://i.imgur.com/lpfYQAo.mp4

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

toasterwarrior posted:

Also, just learned that the standard machinegun calldown is good: it punches through medium armor, which is basically the entire grown up bug category below chargers. Cuts down basic warriors, the hive guards that go into blocking stance, and even brood commanders. I've loved the Stalwart MG as a "primary" weapon but it does struggle against warrior waves so I guess it's time to retire it and be better about pacing my use of the MG. Only 2 reserve mags and a long, stationary reload stings like a MFer.

Stalwart is in a weird place where it functions as an absurdly good primary weapon - but the opportunity cost of it taking up your 3rd slot and a strategem slot is also extremely hard to justify for something that offers no real versatility.

I think it would work better as a call in that replaced your primary weapon - instead of a support weapon... even if they had to drop it's damage or magazine size down a bit.

As far as the HMG goes, it is a good weapon - it's just overshadowed by the GL / Autocannon / Railgun because they are far more flexible in that they still dunk on Medium Armor, but can still be used to kill heavy stuff and close nest holes / blow up factories... IMO it should be combined with the support pack into one call in.

Infidelicious fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Feb 13, 2024

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Had a drat 'kill terminind holes' mission where the entire map was covered with spore dust. There were THREE of the things as secondary objectives. You barely have time to see chargers coming out of the mist.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
I've tried the GL and it is pretty good when I'm not killing myself with it, but you really need to take a supply pack with it.

Is the Autocannon decent even for solo work? I hesitate to take the team weapons when playing alone or with pubbies.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

TheMostFrench posted:

Had a drat 'kill terminind holes' mission where the entire map was covered with spore dust. There were THREE of the things as secondary objectives. You barely have time to see chargers coming out of the mist.

Lol my crew did three of those misty missions tonight and they're a stressful nightmare. Super fun and atmospheric though.

God it just occurred to me I'm such a good boy that I've only been fighting bugs. I want us to win this sector before I move to robots because I'm a team player.

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

toasterwarrior posted:

I've tried the GL and it is pretty good when I'm not killing myself with it, but you really need to take a supply pack with it.

Is the Autocannon decent even for solo work? I hesitate to take the team weapons when playing alone or with pubbies.

AC owns, if you are soloing with it and don't completely unload it it has a normal weapon length reload of 1 clip of 4 shots.

Infidelicious fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Feb 13, 2024

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Infidelicious posted:

AC owns, if you are soloing with it and don't completely unload it it has a normal weapon length reload.

Sick, that's my next buy then.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Have been playing mostly on Hard, decided to step up to Suicide Mission to try and get some purple samples. The teams I played with knew how to avoid patrols and keep moving towards objectives. I typically bring a Recoilless to deal with Chargers, but the upgraded Spitters are so nasty I opted to switch to Autocannon instead since it can reliably pop them in a few shots to any part of their bodys.

Rarden
May 20, 2012
Some way to look at the specific stats/traits of call-in weapons would be nice.

Helldivers 1 didn't give numbers but showed the same stat/trait breakdowns for call-ins as it did for primaries.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

where the gently caress are ultra rare samples? we've done multiple helldive operations now and found zero, and this is after completing the primary then dicking around on the map doing secondaries

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Game NEEDs the mechs and tank and stuff. Dropping a tank and having all 4 of your crew jump in was peak Helldiver 1 and the mechs were fun as hell.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

victrix posted:

where the gently caress are ultra rare samples? we've done multiple helldive operations now and found zero, and this is after completing the primary then dicking around on the map doing secondaries

What difficulty are you playing on?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

explosivo posted:

What difficulty are you playing on?

helldive

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

victrix posted:

helldive

Oh well then I have no idea sorry :shobon:

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

victrix posted:

The way the game hides samples, it could just be bad luck. I played one extreme mission where my team found all 3 ultra rares on the map. Haven't found any since.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKHme9MvMx0

Lt. Broccoli
Jun 4, 2006

It just sits there. Completely harmless.

Diephoon posted:

Have been playing mostly on Hard, decided to step up to Suicide Mission to try and get some purple samples. The teams I played with knew how to avoid patrols and keep moving towards objectives. I typically bring a Recoilless to deal with Chargers, but the upgraded Spitters are so nasty I opted to switch to Autocannon instead since it can reliably pop them in a few shots to any part of their bodys.

If I’m understanding right, the spitters bulbous back is all ‘weak point’ and weak point only gives you 10% more normal damage bonus, but explosive gets a huge bonus, so something like the explosive assault rifle should shred these dudes? Also charger butts? I need to test.. would be nice to have an excuse to use the MG or Flamethrower instead of AC/AM sniper/RR/etc. in slot 3.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

I’ve been playing this via remote play on an iPad since launch. Last night I finally got to play it on the way it’s meant to be played, and my god it’s so good.

My ship is the Superintendent of Family Values.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Geckoagua posted:

If I’m understanding right, the spitters bulbous back is all ‘weak point’ and weak point only gives you 10% more normal damage bonus, but explosive gets a huge bonus, so something like the explosive assault rifle should shred these dudes? Also charger butts? I need to test.. would be nice to have an excuse to use the MG or Flamethrower instead of AC/AM sniper/RR/etc. in slot 3.

I'm using the explosive liberator and it definitely shreds the spitters.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Friendly fire goes hard in this game in the best ways. Buddy was pulling back while I laid down some covering fire with the mg. As I'm walking the barrel across the horde behind him the recoil bumped the barrel up and he zigged when he should have zagged. Just a single PING and some sparks flying off his helmet as he went down HARD.

A few other notable friendly fire moments:

Just hearing the shout of "Bad Grenade! Bad Grenade!" and running.

The fact you drop a primed stratagem if you die with it means that napalm strike is going to be RIGHT HERE in a few seconds.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

It's great how little of an issue getting killed is in this other than the reinforcement cost and needing to do the reinforcement. Like there's no lost rewards because people died along the way as long as everyone is there for extraction.

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

Geckoagua posted:

the Liberator Explosive is good vs. spitters for a Primary... but it's nowhere near as good at it as an autocannon EAT or RR since they are also explosive.

I'm also fairly certain the breaker might out dps it even with the bonus.

Infidelicious fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Feb 13, 2024

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Stolen from reddit

y_y
Oct 25, 2011

conversationalist

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I don't know what the hell is going on but this Twitch drop is just not working for me. I've watched different streams for half a day first on my laptop, then on my phone, then both at once. Absolutely no progress. Normally I'd think this was an account linking issue but you can't link your accounts until you've got the drop.

It's only their white-listed streamers (which seems to be at least the ones directly listed on the drop; the "more" link is incorrect). If you're not seeing the "drop progressing" pop up on twitch when starting the stream, it's not happening.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:

victrix posted:

Yeah, unfortunately it's just bad sample luck. Something that I've found from playing a bunch on higher difficulty is that the Super samples seem to be grouped up pretty close to one another, so you either find nothing or all 6 at once.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

y_y posted:

It's only their white-listed streamers (which seems to be at least the ones directly listed on the drop; the "more" link is incorrect). If you're not seeing the "drop progressing" pop up on twitch when starting the stream, it's not happening.

Yep, that was it. I was intentionally trying to pick some smaller streamers from their "more" list, figuring I'd rather give them the views, but obviously it didn't work. Today I picked the first guy listed on the campaign site and it popped. So hooray for my armour buy boo-ray for Twitch.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

E:

The PS5 version is also moderately crashy. Pretty much at least once complete crash every night.

On my phone but this is the guide I wrote a while back. Not sure if that helps.

BeAuMaN posted:

This is the drop info page: https://www.twitch.tv/drops/campaigns?dropID=00dc4fe6-bb42-11ee-af17-0a58a9feac02

This is the link for participating streamers: https://www.twitch.tv/directory/category/helldivers-ii?filter=drops

Watch one or more participating streamers combined for an hour. There is no progress bar on the campaign/drop page, unlike other twitch drops that you may have done before. Or maybe it does, and I was just too sleep deprived to check this page:
https://www.twitch.tv/drops/inventory

Once you watch an hour, it'll show up in your inventory notification on the top right of the twitch.tv website:

Now, click that notification or go to: https://www.twitch.tv/drops/inventory
You should see the Helldivers 2 Drops up top, and a claim button. Slam that like Claim Now button.

After that, you go to https://gloryforsuperearth.com/
Hit that purple "Log in with Twitch" button.

It'll then ask you to connect your account or it will ask you what platform you want to redeem on. If you select Steam, you redeem the code Games -> Activate a Product Code on Steam.

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking
Thanks for the tips on the crosshair everyone. So it's a bit floaty by design and I need to square off my aim first. With that in mind, I hope to better spread freedom as a democratically elected representative of Super Earth :patriot:

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

central dogma posted:

Thanks for the tips on the crosshair everyone. So it's a bit floaty by design and I need to square off my aim first. With that in mind, I hope to better spread freedom as a democratically elected representative of Super Earth :patriot:

It's honestly really understated how clean the 3rd person crosshairs are in this game once it clicks. The barrel lags behind the cursor depending what type of weapon you are using. Big guns lag behind and are slower to pivot while small guns like smgs can snap to targets quick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Twitch Chat asking about why the game doesn't have PVP. Never change.