Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

swickles posted:

Paul Rudd has started to age, is this a sign of the Apocalypse or something?

https://twitter.com/RufusTSuperfly/status/1757038932695363981?t=ZmJJexXftv8nTDVmQkqMyg&s=19

Maybe it's because I haven't watched him in anything lately, but Ryan Reynolds looks like he's suddenly started aging as well in the trailers for that new family movie he's in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Thaddius the Large posted:

I’m hard locked into using Outlook and Teams because that’s the only thing my employer will allow, AMA. Also we’re not allowed to use Google Meet at all, which makes it super cool when every other local agency has that for their default meeting app, I get to be the weirdo who calls in by phone line and can’t see the presentation.

Hah we're finally fazing Zoom and it's going to suuuck since our courts use it for hearings and we frequently do our family and client meetings over it too. Participation is going to tank until someone high up complains.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Teams is the worst except for that the permissions model is broken in some funny way for edu accounts so when I am invited into someone else's meeting at another organization, if I get there before them it lets me be the owner of it.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Abugadu posted:

Anyone here use FUBO tv and have an opinion on it? I'm ditching cable and going Starlink, looking for iptv that has DVR capabilities that doesn't suck, and this so far seems like the leader.

I tried it and a few others before landing on YoutubeTV and haven't looked back. I think most have trials so you can try a few out to see what you like.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Abugadu posted:

Anyone here use FUBO tv and have an opinion on it? I'm ditching cable and going Starlink, looking for iptv that has DVR capabilities that doesn't suck, and this so far seems like the leader.

I use it, solely because it's the only iptv that has my regional sports network so I can watch the Kraken and Mariners.

It's... fine? Doesn't have turner networks, which sucks. But there's decent sports options, and NBC, FOX and CBS have 4k channels (when they actually broadcast 4k in). If you sign up for Beta you can get 20% off. It's still more than I want to pay.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://x.com/sapphicslike/status/1757242877703311542?s=20

I think Zoe Saldana might be over wearing full body paint, it would be my first suggestion for casting.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I mean, Lake Bell even looks the part in addition to doing the voice.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I think we were talking about Outlook and Teams yesterday. I’ve got less than 4 days left at work and today the computer at work is trying to switch me to the new version of Microsoft Teams (lol no), and ADP that I use to clock in and out is telling me that my password expires in 12~ days which :laffo:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Oh, I forgot it's Mardi Gras. Hopefully someone brings paczki to work today.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Bird in a Blender posted:

Oh, I forgot it's Mardi Gras. Hopefully someone brings paczki to work today.

Break room here is loaded with them. Raspberry, apple, Bavarian cream. We'll see how good my willpower is today (not good odds).

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Its a snow day so I made hot cocoa and we're just sitting around the house playing vidyagames

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I know I’m a decade late but I finally watched Pacific Rim and holy poo poo that movie whips rear end.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Why doesn’t she use the sword way earlier

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I switched to the “New” Teams a couple of months ago and it immediately started closing itself every 5 minutes so I switched back to the old one and haven’t looked back.

And there were also a few posts in the group team chats asking if anyone’s new Teams kept closing itself lol

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I switched to new Teams and it's exactly like the old version :shrug:

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Quiet Feet posted:

Its a snow day so I made hot cocoa and we're just sitting around the house playing vidyagames

I made a huge snow ramp the kids are tubing down in the yard. Goes off our deck out to the fence.

https://youtube.com/shorts/UuQ4TxmQ9tQ?feature=share

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

LeeMajors posted:

I know I’m a decade late but I finally watched Pacific Rim and holy poo poo that movie whips rear end.

It's great. action, from start to finish. i always wanted to know more about cherno alpha's exploits.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Dango Bango posted:

I switched to new Teams and it's exactly like the old version :shrug:

My company keeps bouncing around between video chat providers and we're currently on Teams. Agreed "new" teams seems basically indistinguishable from the old one, at least on mac. It's... fine? Apparently we are switching to the Google suite whenever our MS contract is up, for Reasons. As far as I can tell Google completely changes their video collaboration product every 3 months so who knows what it will look like or even be called by then.

I do a lot of work with AWS and can confidently state that Amazon Chime is the worst video call software ever produced. Amazon hard requires using it for any calls with their employees. If you are going to force your employees and customers to use this product you made, maybe invest some resources in making it not a total unmitigated piece of poo poo??? It's embarrassing.

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Feb 13, 2024

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I wouldn't get any notifications in the new Teams and after like three days of dealing with that poo poo I switched back.

On one hand it was really relaxing not getting message pings or call notices, but on the other people thought I was ghosting them lol

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

I’ll still take Teams over Zoom and Webex though.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
The further we stray from MSN Messenger and AIM, the further we stray from God’s light.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

fartknocker posted:

The further we stray from MSN Messenger and AIM, the further we stray from God’s light.

Literally until the day it died, AIM was the main method of communication between staff and on-air hosts at most ESPN radio shows, local and national.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

the further we stray from ICQ and voicemail

the further we stray from IRC and pagers

the further we stray from USENET and FIDONET

the further we stray from teletype and tape recorder answering machines

the further we stray from typewriters and telegrams

the further we stray from the printing press and the pony express

the further we stray from handwriting and mail

the further we stray from cuneiform and uh... just... yelling loudly outside

...the further we stray from God's light

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

the further we stray from ICQ

:haibrow: ICQ was the first chat app my homies and I used in high school. Until some buttmuch in Israel (at least that's what he put in his profile) hacked my poo poo and stole my low digit user ID. I was too mad to reregister and hopped on the AIM train after that.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Leperflesh posted:

the further we stray from cuneiform and uh... just... yelling loudly outside

cuneiform and clay tablets has a better rhythm

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Had a two- or three-month period late last year where I couldn't get Teams to work on my laptop, and company IT basically told me to kick rocks until it was my turn for a laptop upgrade. That was a fun excuse to skip a lot of meetings, at least.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

General Dog posted:

Why doesn’t she use the sword way earlier

Freud can explain this one quite easily

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

fartknocker posted:

and ADP that I use to clock in and out is telling me that my password expires in 12~ days which :laffo:

Same think happened when I was leaving my old job and before I gave notice. "It's expiring sooner than that mfer!"

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Same think happened when I was leaving my old job and before I gave notice. "It's expiring sooner than that mfer!"

This is the most liberating feeling (assuming it's, ya know, a voluntary departure). MANDATORY ACTION REQUIRED - URGENT - PLEASE READ

Require deez nuts *delete*

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
I’m so checked out of my job mentally it’s not even funny. The only reason I’m still here this week is 2-3 very close friends I’ve made here are taking over the role I held, so I delayed giving my notice by a week (Was gonna do it 1/26 and finish 2/9, ended up doing up 2/2 and my last day is this Friday) because I knew they’d be utterly hosed. They are still somewhat hosed for various reasons, but the extra week helps them a lot.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Today is literally my last day in the office, got laid off months ago but the date is still 7 weeks out. I might have 10 minutes of WFH stuff per day until then. Kind of nice to get fully paid for a while to not work, then get severance after, assuming I find a job before I start losing money.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

fartknocker posted:

I got my SA account thanks to AIM.

Hope you finally got where you were going, yellow running AIM person.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Ok, so the Burritos are going to Universal. We’re driving down I-75, and there’s a billboard asking if we want to drive a tank. I look up the website, and indeed there is a place where you can drive a tank half a mile for $200 and up.

I gotta know. My Florida goons, have any of you ever driven a tank before? I won’t lie, if we didn’t have the kids I’d be tempted just for the experience.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

Ok, so the Burritos are going to Universal. We’re driving down I-75, and there’s a billboard asking if we want to drive a tank. I look up the website, and indeed there is a place where you can drive a tank half a mile for $200 and up.

I gotta know. My Florida goons, have any of you ever driven a tank before? I won’t lie, if we didn’t have the kids I’d be tempted just for the experience.

I have never done it but have a good friend who has. He had a blast. He went with some techbro friends so they shelled out to run over a bunch of poo poo like an old car and later shot off all sorts of weapons of varying legality.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

a sexual elk posted:

I made a huge snow ramp the kids are tubing down in the yard. Goes off our deck out to the fence.

https://youtube.com/shorts/UuQ4TxmQ9tQ?feature=share

I miss sledding. The housing project I grew up in had a bunch of good hills but the the town we're in now is really flat.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Quiet Feet posted:

I miss sledding. The housing project I grew up in had a bunch of good hills but the the town we're in now is really flat.

There was a park by me that had a great sledding hill when I was a kid.

Though right at the bottom it turned into gravel with a wall with a ~4 foot drop right past it, that if it was icy at all you could easily skid into.

Safety is for the weak.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I had this bad boy when I was a kid:

Made the mistake of letting a friend of mine heavier than me try it, he went over a ramp and snapped part of the front ski off :smith:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Kalli posted:

There was a park by me that had a great sledding hill when I was a kid.

Though right at the bottom it turned into gravel with a wall with a ~4 foot drop right past it, that if it was icy at all you could easily skid into.

Safety is for the weak.

There is a snow tubing place by my parents house in PA. One year we thought it would be fun to link all the tubes together and go down the hill. We went thr length of the runway on the bottom, over several stop strip mats, through two snow barricades and up the embankment and into the parking lot before coming to a stop. Now there are signs everywhere explicitly forbidding it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

swickles posted:

I have never done it but have a good friend who has. He had a blast. He went with some techbro friends so they shelled out to run over a bunch of poo poo like an old car and later shot off all sorts of weapons of varying legality.

You think it would just be a testosterone fest, but I know if Braks got in that tank and crushed a car, she’d be whooping and hollering along with the best of them. That video would be on Facebook in seconds.