Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Pylons posted:

I'm mad about the hypocrisy.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

lmao this company sucks so much but it's also so funny that Dwayne was so gotten to they changed the plans again, immediately

Under the circumstances it was the right call (the actual right call was to never do it to begin with)

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?
The important thing is that Cody looks like an idiot loser dweeb

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Goblin Queen posted:

The important thing is that Cody looks like an idiot loser dweeb

Always has

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
(big smoke but tony kahn) all you needed to do cody was make the drat heel turn

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Cody probably had in his head that the AEW title doesn't count because he created it.
Also you know, the bag.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Based on timelines and interviews that Cody has done… I’m convinced that the Chicago Dynamite where the fans booed him and threw his weightlifting belt back in the ring was his breaking point. Like he felt like he’d done everything he could in the company, he couldn’t win the world title, the fans were turning on him. What was the point in staying? Plus, you know… money.

Anyway, if we are being worked it’s the shittiest work ever. If they changed plans it’s equally embarrassing. I am realizing that they probably brought Seth into this because they need to do SOMETHING to build the match at Wrestlemania with Roman and Rock simply not showing up to work.

Good god. We some good HEAT coming off of that press conference. And then you realize they have 35 hours of TV until Wrestlemania and they’re already dragging poo poo out. Like Punk said, this is wrestling. When you have a problem with someone you punch them in then mouth! But you can’t do that if they’re not there.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

heymans face fits perfectly i think

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
cody doesnt want the aew belt because it wasnt the belt they took from his daddy

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i think cody gives way more of a poo poo about that than dusty ever did

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Astro7x posted:

Based on timelines and interviews that Cody has done… I’m convinced that the Chicago Dynamite where the fans booed him and threw his weightlifting belt back in the ring was his breaking point. Like he felt like he’d done everything he could in the company, he couldn’t win the world title, the fans were turning on him. What was the point in staying? Plus, you know… money.

Anyway, if we are being worked it’s the shittiest work ever. If they changed plans it’s equally embarrassing. I am realizing that they probably brought Seth into this because they need to do SOMETHING to build the match at Wrestlemania with Roman and Rock simply not showing up to work.

Good god. We some good HEAT coming off of that press conference. And then you realize they have 35 hours of TV until Wrestlemania and they’re already dragging poo poo out. Like Punk said, this is wrestling. When you have a problem with someone you punch them in then mouth! But you can’t do that if they’re not there.

Let corporate officer #1 cook

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
no one tell cody that dusty booked his own finishes... dusty stole from dusty

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Endorph posted:

i think cody gives way more of a poo poo about that than dusty ever did

Hearing about how Dusty booked himself I'm not sure about that.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

ChrisBTY posted:

Hearing about how Dusty booked himself I'm not sure about that.

Dusty was such a mark for himself that when they brought him back to book WCW in the early 1990s, they figured that since he was retired from in-ring action, he wouldn't push himself at the expense of the other wrestlers...only for Dusty to dub himself "WCW Goodwill Ambassador" and be featured prominently in several angles and on WCW programming.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

chat is this real

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Seams posted:

chat is this real

did you know that cody rhodes is his son

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

DEAR RICHARD posted:

did you know that cody rhodes is his son

One of two large adult sons

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

cody's not that big

he's like a regular size adult son

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Yeah, Dustin got the big boy genes.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Paying2Lurk posted:

Yeah, Dustin got the big boy genes.

He was in WCW, makes sense

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Cavauro posted:

gavok was fofrgetting lawrence taylor from Nfl. pretty big embarrassment but i wont rub it in

He wasn’t in the main event but since he was up against bam bam, it was the main event in my heart.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

your soul is mine

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Bobby Heenan vs. The Red Rooster was main event in my heart

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i had a dream that i won a contest to do a meet and greet with roman reigns at a local wwe show, i went and the meet n greet was being done in the ring, it was me getting to do whatever pose i wanted with roman and paul heyman in the ring and a ref was there to take a pic with my phone.

Ref asks what pose i want and i ask if i can get one as if im about to give roman an rko, roman and the ref are like alright, heyman goes to stand in the corner so he can do the shocked face, ref counts us down, and then...

Instinct took over, i couldnt help it i swerved, booted roman in the gut, gave him the stone cold stunner and he was out on the spot.

I was just there staring aghast at what i did when suddenly post malone runs into the ring and shoves me on my rear end while his buddy hands the ref a briefcase, before i realize whats happening he already pinned roman and fled the ring with the belt and paul heyman is throttling me and screaming WHAT DID YOU DO, LOOK AT WHAT YOU DID, DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH YOU JUST SCREWED THINGS UP, WHAT DID YOU DO WHAT WERE YOU THINKING then i woke up somehow with my topsheet completely twisted around my neck and all pillows evacuated from my bed

dracula vladdy AF
May 6, 2011

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i had a dream that i won a contest to do a meet and greet with roman reigns at a local wwe show, i went and the meet n greet was being done in the ring, it was me getting to do whatever pose i wanted with roman and paul heyman in the ring and a ref was there to take a pic with my phone.

Ref asks what pose i want and i ask if i can get one as if im about to give roman an rko, roman and the ref are like alright, heyman goes to stand in the corner so he can do the shocked face, ref counts us down, and then...

Instinct took over, i couldnt help it i swerved, booted roman in the gut, gave him the stone cold stunner and he was out on the spot.

I was just there staring aghast at what i did when suddenly post malone runs into the ring and shoves me on my rear end while his buddy hands the ref a briefcase, before i realize whats happening he already pinned roman and fled the ring with the belt and paul heyman is throttling me and screaming WHAT DID YOU DO, LOOK AT WHAT YOU DID, DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH YOU JUST SCREWED THINGS UP, WHAT DID YOU DO WHAT WERE YOU THINKING then i woke up somehow with my topsheet completely twisted around my neck and all pillows evacuated from my bed

thats a cool rear end dream

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I didn't know you were the real Stone Cold.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I knew. I rigged the contest. I did it for Post Malone.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Ahhh the good old days where you could advertise with HHH in a position of weakness

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I hope that actually happened at some point, complete with Chyna disappearing between shots.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

VideoWitch posted:

cody's not that big

he's like a regular size adult son

No he's the big Code

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
cody is a vanilla midget

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Alaois posted:

Lovejoy!

for several days ive been laughing at you, thinking "what a fool. this maroon thinks the reverend on deadwood is named lovejoy. that is simpsons." and then today i was watching the mst3k channel and a film named code name diamond head came on and ian mcshane was there and the boys declared "lovejoy!" much like you. and it was then i realized my error. and you know whats wildest of all? at the time i realized this ian mcshane was disguised as a reverend...

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

great promo from rollins and cody. they were using new camera angles it worked well.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
2geeks1ring

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Eat My Fuc posted:

great promo from rollins and cody. they were using new camera angles it worked well.

I saw the strategic leader of the WWE Universe praising this camera angle and it looks so funny. Just a bad idea for how to capture the action except for maybe the second of the hot tag.

https://twitter.com/JulianWks/status/1757215251261702391

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

That DICK! posted:

for several days ive been laughing at you, thinking "what a fool. this maroon thinks the reverend on deadwood is named lovejoy. that is simpsons." and then today i was watching the mst3k channel and a film named code name diamond head came on and ian mcshane was there and the boys declared "lovejoy!" much like you. and it was then i realized my error. and you know whats wildest of all? at the time i realized this ian mcshane was disguised as a reverend...

Lovejoy was such a weird show. Ian McShane as a cheeky but charming antiques dealer. Somehow a show about a bloke trying to sell second hand tat was a primetime ratings smash, the 1990s were so sedate.