Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Inspector_666 posted:

Wait wait wait does this mean they'll have the Nike swoosh on them? Or is Nike licensing the team logos?

Holy poo poo what an amazing garbage mess.

I'm not sure, it's literally impossible to google "fanatics nike mlb jersey" and get anything but shopping links

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

They still have the Nike swoosh

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
Thank god the Braves acquired Chris Sale for just such a situation

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

bravesword posted:

Thank god the Braves acquired Chris Sale for just such a situation

lol

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Intruder posted:

Brilliant strategy. Make the on-field jersey the same as the cheap bullshit, then sell the cheap bullshit at a huge markup calling it authentic

Unironically exactly the strategy.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Why does everything always have to be a scam

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

zoux posted:

Says the Astros fan

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

zoux posted:

:capitalism:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ea Nasir predates capitalism. Scamming is just the way we are.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

zoux posted:

Ea Nasir predates capitalism. Scamming is just the way we are.
this is capitalist realism

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

bawfuls posted:

They still have the Nike swoosh

Holy poo poo why the gently caress would Nike agree to devalue their own brand like that?!

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
for the first time in its history, the NHL is ahead of other sports leagues

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Mike_V posted:

for the first time in its history, the NHL is ahead of other sports leagues

Hell, Alibaba is ahead of MLB at this point.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

Hell, Alibaba is ahead of MLB at this point.

In this case, Mike_V means they already switched to absolute poo poo-grade jerseys the players hate from Fanatics a year ago.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Is there going to be a Fanatics logo on the jerseys as well?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Inspector_666 posted:

https://www.purplerow.com/2023/8/14/23645356/colorado-rockies-pitching-at-altitude-part-1-the-general-effects-of-elevation

Mario DeGenz wrote about this extensively last summer, and it's both very cool stuff and also honestly the staff that he proposes sounds like it would also be fun as hell to watch.

A few pages old but this article rules thanks

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004

tadashi posted:

I wonder if anyone else has a more underwhelming slate of teams to root for at the moment?
My list is currently:
Cubs
UK (CFB, MCBB)
Kings (NBA)
Titans (NFL)

Royals
Portland Trailblazers
Mizzou sports

But the real cherry on top is my consciously turning my back on the NFL in 2017 or so after being a Chiefs fan for my entire life (and not for the kneeling thing or Chud reasons - I hate toxic football culture and no longer wanted to support it). I hear the team has improved a bit since then but I haven't watched a game in 7 years. But I watched the poo poo out of Steve Bono and Elvis Grbac. :cry:

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Exodor posted:

I hear the team has improved a bit since then but I haven't watched a game in 7 years. But I watched the poo poo out of Steve Bono and Elvis Grbac. :cry:

“Improved a bit” is one of the biggest understatements I’ve read recently.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

indigi posted:

A few pages old but this article rules thanks

It's incredibly rad. I have long suspected that there was a "secret sauce" the Rockies could lean into with pitch design and arsenals like this, but I'm very stupid and never sat down to try to talk it out in detail with any of the very smart baseball people I know.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Exodor posted:

Royals
Portland Trailblazers
Mizzou sports

But the real cherry on top is my consciously turning my back on the NFL in 2017 or so after being a Chiefs fan for my entire life (and not for the kneeling thing or Chud reasons - I hate toxic football culture and no longer wanted to support it). I hear the team has improved a bit since then but I haven't watched a game in 7 years. But I watched the poo poo out of Steve Bono and Elvis Grbac. :cry:

Steve Bono ruled

Greatest TD run ever

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
drat I missed screamo chat, listen to combatwoundedveteran and pg99

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

https://twitter.com/MLB/status/1757428702441275844?s=20

:lol: that Nike hosed up the Dodgers’ City Connect so badly they’re getting a re-do before every team even has one.

And I don’t care that Underoath is christian. They’re Only Chasing Safety owns.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

The best part of the Dodgers city connects was the matching blue pants and they were too cowardly to stick with it (switched to white pants last year)

This design is pretty boring for a city connect but the dark blue on blue looks good and they should use it as an alternate anyway

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Steve Bono ruled

Greatest TD run ever

I will never forget the Naked Bono Bootleg

It took him so long to make it to the end zone. :lol:

(although looking at the video it was not a naked bootleg even though we always called it that - there's a OL out there blocking for him (and nearly outrunning Bono))

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Dinosaurs! posted:

https://twitter.com/MLB/status/1757428702441275844?s=20

:lol: that Nike hosed up the Dodgers’ City Connect so badly they’re getting a re-do before every team even has one.

Seems more likely that they're just pushing out more Dodgers poo poo to sell more Ohtani jerseys.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

tadashi posted:

I wonder if anyone else has a more underwhelming slate of teams to root for at the moment?
My list is currently:
Cubs
UK (CFB, MCBB)
Kings (NBA)
Titans (NFL)

Tigers
Pistons (NBA)
Panthers (NFL)

I'm from Michigan, but I've been a Panthers fan since 1995. I don't really watch college sports or much hockey, so no enjoyment out of U of M or the Red Wings recent uptick.

It has been a brutal like 5 years or so. Please save me, Scott Harris.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

live with fruit posted:

Seems more likely that they're just pushing out more Dodgers poo poo to sell more Ohtani jerseys.
probably a little bit of both

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Btw here’s a good image of how Fanatics hosed up the Dodgers jersey:

The split at the buttons used to fall between the o and the second d, now it splits the d itself which looks terrible.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

If you've got a Defector sub, well you've probably already read this, but it's the definitive take imo

https://twitter.com/drewmagary/status/1757501943155409398

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Isn't Michael Rubin BFF's with bob kraft and involved with his fake anti Semitism scam charity?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

zoux posted:

If you've got a Defector sub, well you've probably already read this, but it's the definitive take imo

https://twitter.com/drewmagary/status/1757501943155409398

Can't forget about their Christmas roundup: https://defector.com/fanatics-ruined-christmas

The insanely tiny custom Eagles name just kills me every time I see it

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The only fanatics gear I own is a 2022 World Champs hoodie but it seems OK. Good weight, and if the decal starts to fall apart, well that's kind of what I want to happen anyway. Still, it's appalling that this guy has been allowed to monopolize merch and make it impossible to get poo poo you actually want that is made at an acceptable quality.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Poque posted:

Can't forget about their Christmas roundup: https://defector.com/fanatics-ruined-christmas

The rotated Colorado sweater kind of rules, but not for full price!

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

The time has come to crowdsource DHGate sellers to find the ones that are better quality than Fanatics

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Poque posted:

Michigan shirt is my favorite lmao

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Exodor posted:

Royals
Portland Trailblazers
Mizzou sports

I guess you got to miss the time when Chiefs fans booed their own team during the National Anthem in the home opener when they were the reigning champs because their generational QB took a knee.

gently caress NFL fans.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Well, maybe having to wear this crap will make the players so mad and ornery that it'll ahve to get fixed

zoux fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Feb 13, 2024

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Poque posted:

lower quality than the various tarajersey sites

the eagles one is hilarious I can't even get mad about it

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
oh wow i missed the screamo thing, i can't wait to hear this cool music that no wait this is as bad as cody not being back on the cubs, this is awful (the music and cody not being resigned)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

maffew buildings posted:

oh wow i missed the screamo thing, i can't wait to hear this cool music that no wait this is as bad as cody not being back on the cubs, this is awful (the music and cody not being resigned)

It don't matta. None a this mattahs