Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

jokes posted:

Alaska "HOckey" Pox

Goddamn that was some of the best content this site ever churned out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Strong Sauce posted:

they should have won it in the first place but the new york democratic party hosed up a lot of poo poo.

From previous chats it's traditionally red district?, but against Santos it should have been a win. This election it pretty even, I think. You have a sane Democrat and your typical do nothing Republican.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

cr0y posted:

Dafuq is alaskapox

my wife works for the mj12 biolab, I'll ask her

nerox
May 20, 2001
First case of Alaskapox was in 2015, so I guess Thanks Obama.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Grey Cat posted:

I don't need this right now.

try not to think about anthrax and other microbes being defrosted in Siberian "perma"frost

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
I could see enthusiasm gap flipping a close race, particularly since GOP voters can expect exactly nothing from their majority in the House. Snowstorm is an absolute wildcard, although it might tilt the election in favor of already D-leaning early/mail-in voters.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

OMFG FURRY posted:

try not to think about anthrax and other microbes being defrosted in Siberian "perma"frost

permafrost is no longer a given, it has migrated to a subscription model

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Not to say it's a done deal though

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
i read "snowstorm" as "snowworm" and am now thinking about a new pandemic of snow worms

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

big mean giraffe posted:

People on SA are deathly afraid of putting terrible posters on ignore and just not engaging. It's the weirdest hangup

Yeah, but that would be the legit, smart thing to do, we paid :10bux: to not do intelligent, logical things, we paid :10bux: to scream into the abyss, and occasionally photoshop goatce and loss. and argue with "idiots" aka, ourselves.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

staberind posted:

Yeah, but that would be the legit, smart thing to do, we paid :10bux: to not do intelligent, logical things, we paid :10bux: to scream into the abyss, and occasionally photoshop goatce and loss. and argue with "idiots" aka, ourselves.

I actually put that recent Trump troll on ignore, I've been a lurker here since 2000 and that's the first time I've ever put a poster on ignore- does that mean they won?

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

I actually put that recent Trump troll on ignore, I've been a lurker here since 2000 and that's the first time I've ever put a poster on ignore- does that mean they won?

sorry, but you’re gonna have to turn in your posting license

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Can't believe you've let down George Soros like this

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

RVWinkle posted:

You should judge me because I watched the Challenger space shuttle explode live on TV

7up and a teachers. iukuk

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

kazil posted:

Can't believe you've let down George Soros like this

democratic operative and financier george santos

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

big mean giraffe posted:

People on SA are deathly afraid of putting terrible posters on ignore and just not engaging. It's the weirdest hangup

it's real dumb lol, was it like a lowtax thing that refuses to die or what

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
When is Santos trial supposed to start

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Hollismason posted:

When is Santos trial supposed to start

Once he gets reelected

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

kazil posted:

Bats are small mammals. It's happening again isn't it

Eating bugs, just like the Dems want!

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

sugar free jazz posted:

i think and worry a lot about the culture

the Idiran Empire worried more tho'

Hollismason posted:

I remember being in like kindergarten or.1st.grade when the shuttle exploded and exclaiming " That's awesome!" Then being told no it wasn't people died. I just thought that was what we were waiting for.

I'm hoping that I can retire and get social security.

Challege : accepted : pakow! unf!

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

staberind posted:

7up and a teachers. iukuk

I do. Also, it made learn to spell throttle correctly as I kept spelling it it thrortle.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I just figured it’s kind of pointless because the kind of shithead that annoys me enough to ignore is usually provocative enough that they get quoted by other posters with their own takes on why they’re terrible

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Philthy posted:

From previous chats it's traditionally red district?, but against Santos it should have been a win. This election it pretty even, I think. You have a sane Democrat and your typical do nothing Republican.

i'm not going to dig too deep since it's been almost two years but i thought the redistricting made it much more favorable for democrats. either or. hope the gop loses.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

midpox, no cap.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rockman Reserve posted:

it's real dumb lol, was it like a lowtax thing that refuses to die or what

I don't use ignore mostly because it's borderline worthless for the real problem posters because they get quoted and responded to a billion times so I have to just scroll past stuff anyway.

Like I can ignore J Jackass Stupidhead but when the next two pages are people quoting and responding to him then it basically doesn't change anything.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Strong Sauce posted:

lol. i can only really talk about breaking bad.. which is what i'm saying when it comes to too many shows nowadays.

never had a problem talking about my media consumption personally

maybe ur the problem? :p

love it when those lil dudes say banana it's actually so funny

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Hazo posted:

Goddamn that was some of the best content this site ever churned out
remember when there was that pages derail of people debating what animals they could beat up on a scale?
that was the best content this site ever produced.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Philthy posted:

I read up on the election because I have no idea what this part of NY is like, and According to ABC7 NY it sounds chuddy as all hell:

quote:

But in Nassau County, with its heavy presence of law enforcement families, the border crisis has become just about the biggest issue.

Despite once being a migrant herself, Pilip has hammered Suozzi and Democratic President Joe Biden over U.S. immigration policy. She has argued for additional border policing to stop illegal immigration as well as the construction of a border wall.

Former Congressman Peter King, a Republican who supports Pilip, says he believes it will help keep the seat red and protect Republicans' tenuous majority in the U.S. House.

"It's both real and it's also a metaphor," said King. "You have immigration and that's tied to crime and that's tied to Biden's failed leadership and he's the leader of the Democratic party. So, the polling I've seen. those three are really intertwined."

Though Pilip publicly identifies as a Republican and won county office under the GOP banner, she is actually a registered Democrat. She says she registered as a Democrat when she got to the U.S. but has drifted away from the party as it has become more liberal.

Smells like the usual bullshit of "rear end in a top hat grifter pushing racism front-and-center on the GOP platform to get a cushy job and steal poo poo". NYC is about 1,987 loving miles from the nearest Mexican border but Fox News has apparently done a hell of a job to stir up white suburban racists and get them upset about a problem that isn't a problem. Fox News really knows how to get those knuckle-dragging Neanderthal Americans up and angry.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

sugar free jazz posted:

never had a problem talking about my media consumption personally

maybe ur the problem? :p

love it when those lil dudes say banana it's actually so funny

Okay, Dad, let's get you off to bed. No more internet for you tonight.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

These some Ursula LeGuin rear end names

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

funeral home DJ posted:

I read up on the election because I have no idea what this part of NY is like, and According to ABC7 NY it sounds chuddy as all hell:

Smells like the usual bullshit of "rear end in a top hat grifter pushing racism front-and-center to keep themselves relevant". NYC is about 1,987 loving miles from the nearest Mexican border but Fox News has apparently done a hell of a job to stir up white suburban racists and get them upset about a problem that isn't a problem. Fox News really knows how to get those knuckle-dragging Neanderthal Americans up and angry.

alot of chud states are shipping people on the border to NYC/surroundings and basicaly its started a whole shitshow. obviously a decent amount of bad faith types but alot of it is also just housing and etc when NYC isnt building anymore housing and prices going up.

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

MrQwerty posted:

Once he gets reelected

And indict a sitting member of Congress?! Why don't you libs just put Lady Liberty in handcuffs?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

funeral home DJ posted:

Smells like the usual bullshit of "rear end in a top hat grifter pushing racism front-and-center on the GOP platform to get a cushy job and steal poo poo". NYC is about 1,987 loving miles from the nearest Mexican border but Fox News has apparently done a hell of a job to stir up white suburban racists and get them upset about a problem that isn't a problem. Fox News really knows how to get those knuckle-dragging Neanderthal Americans up and angry.

I hate saying this, but a migrant brown lady running GOP isn't getting nearly the amount of die hard chud support as a white dude. Like Long Island chuds might just not vote.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

can u imagine donald trump saying banana in a minion voice

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

TulliusCicero posted:

I hate saying this, but a migrant brown lady running GOP isn't getting nearly the amount of die hard chud support as a white dude. Like Long Island chuds might just not vote.

this. thats what fucks haley and vivek and the GOP making more inroads with more socially conservaitve communities.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

Data Graham posted:

These some Ursula LeGuin rear end names

do you find watery mild salsa way too spicy? jw

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

https://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-legal-fees-pac-donor-money-personal-cases-2024-2

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Thats honestly a good question because the whole "they win" paradigm has shifted a bit since we were loving about online back then, here, the only blocked person I have on SA is Lowtax as I managed to slip that in entirely by accident, and because I am a weirdo, I've not touched my block list since. on discord and practically everywhere else, I have zero patience, and have large blocklists. its probably more the internet(/people on it) in the 2000's and now are/is just massivly different and comparison is almost meaningless. now we have scripts on say, twitter, that autoblock blue checks.
E: land of contrasts, etc.
likesay: :10bux: to learn from actual smart people & argue with idiots, occasionally the opposite.
best deal ever.

staberind fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Feb 13, 2024