Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
FAPI: To run a second expedition, do I need both a 2nd expedition slot and a 2nd expedition loadout slot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Toshimo posted:

FAPI: To run a second expedition, do I need both a 2nd expedition slot and a 2nd expedition loadout slot?

Just the expedition slot technically, you’ll just have to manually create the team if you don’t have a loadout slot for it.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
Gathering event started in Ironwood.

I think previously someone was just dumping shitloads of their money into events (looking at you, Crell), and has stopped doing it, which is definitely fine and was appreciated while they were doing it, but that means it has slowed down our event rate a bit. We can do an event every 72 hours, and can fund it starting after the event ends, so if we want to do events as fast as possible (and we do), I'd ask everyone to put 50k gold into the event during that 24-hour window. You get 55k per day from the guild (assuming we do all of our quests, which we've been good about lately), so it's just asking for ~30% of what you're getting gold-wise out of the guild (to say nothing of the boosts from the events), and only 16 people need to do it, so you won't need to do it every time if everyone is doing it. Please try to check the guild quests every day, I try to fill out the ones late in the day that aren't getting done; mostly seems to be the iron stuff, which is understandable given that it's usually 1250 of something fully-crafted (meaning you have to mine, smelt, and smith/forge it, not just one step, and it eats into your precious charcoal, the true bottleneck for this game).

We managed to pull into rank 16. I'd like to get up to at least 15 before reset, events are about the best way to do it. Also, if you could work towards throwing 5000 Large Bones into the Guild Event Hall if you haven't done so already, that would be good as well. It's gonna be about ten days before we've got the guild credits to do it, so you've got time, but I'd like to be ready once we're through the bottleneck. The event after this one is going to be a combat event, and if we don't have the bones for the Guild Event Hall (or close to it) after that, I'll probably break normal event order to run another combat event to encourage people to get their bones done. Keeping in mind that not everyone is high enough level to get the large bones done, those of you in the upper echelons can get them done a lot faster than the rest of us, so if you could toss some extra in, it would be greatly appreciated.

If you're wondering how much you should be putting into buildings and things, I think 5% is a good floor; we have 23 guild members with 3 inactives, so assuming each of us does 5% of each needed thing that should cover us. You are of course welcome to contribute more (I generally dump 10% of each thing into the building before I call it out in the guild message), and that is very appreciated. You can see how much you (and everyone else) have contributed total towards guild things (quests and buildings) by going to the Guild Members tab and clicking on "Gold" (screenshot below). A big part of this will be how long the member has been around. Not trying to shame anyone, just giving you a number you can make go up. We're moving up ranks, so clearly people are generally doing a good job at contributing, and we ran through a relatively large backlog of guild credits pretty quickly, so thanks all. Building stuff is gonna slow down a ton once we get the Event Hall done, since the next buildings are all 50k guild credits, which is ~38 days of completing every guild quest.

Okay, I'm done try-harding at Ironwood, now.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

In FAPI the leveling estimations for Pets are basically lies, right? You'll have two different pets at roughly the same level and have the same stat indicate same value per level, but then one of them will have an order of magnitude more overall in the stat even though the very very slight level discrepancy could not account for it.

Is there any resources available that provide actual information on pet leveling values, even if not in number than at least "these are the Residue pets ranked highest to lowest per level"?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

KazigluBey posted:

In FAPI the leveling estimations for Pets are basically lies, right? You'll have two different pets at roughly the same level and have the same stat indicate same value per level, but then one of them will have an order of magnitude more overall in the stat even though the very very slight level discrepancy could not account for it.

Is there any resources available that provide actual information on pet leveling values, even if not in number than at least "these are the Residue pets ranked highest to lowest per level"?

The key thing you might be missing here is that Pet Ranks from Expeditions significantly impact your Pet stats. 2% boost to both Pet bonus and Pet experience gained per Pet Rank.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Klungar posted:

The key thing you might be missing here is that Pet Ranks from Expeditions significantly impact your Pet stats. 2% boost to both Pet bonus and Pet experience gained per Pet Rank.

Wait, so the % level estimations are correct, but pets that I have taken on Expeditions have a modifier that pets I only pull out for Reincarnations (for example) will be lacking?

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

KazigluBey posted:

Wait, so the % level estimations are correct, but pets that I have taken on Expeditions have a modifier that pets I only pull out for Reincarnations (for example) will be lacking?

yes, reincarnation pets are prime for expedition teams bc of that

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Pets are honestly my least favourite part of FAPI, it can be a bunch of micromanagement.

Also, in the beginning you couldn't use pets in both expeditions and party at the same time lol

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I gotta say thusfar I haven't paid a ton of attention to what I'm doing with the pets, I have been using that gameplay planner to determine my best expedition team then using the rest in the party since I thought there was an XP debuff if you used them in both, or something.

explosivo fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Feb 12, 2024

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

oh gently caress, I'm on Asc #16 and I just learned this, hahahahaha

for another moment like this, peep my terrible Asc times:

Notice the BIG improvement from #10 to #11? THAT was the point I even bothered to look into running more than the Pet Team I had setup waaaay back in Asc #1 that only boosted Residue.

Not my proudest realization.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Swapping to a full set of item rating pets to farm a set, then swapping to a full set of reincarn pets is a very important step of every reincarnation. I mostly just run a pretty balanced setup otherwise, or sometimes a bunch of protein pets.

But yea it's very important that every single pet you're using is also getting ranks from being in expeditions, the amount of stats gained is insane. At this point if a pet isn't affecting a stat, that stat may as well not exist for me.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

explosivo posted:

I gotta say thusfar I haven't paid a ton of attention to what I'm doing with the pets, I have been using that gameplay planner to determine my best expedition team then using the rest in the party since I thought there was an XP debuff if you used them in both, or something.

You want to make sure that every pet that is on one of your main Pet Teams (Reinc, Gear, Stats, Card Power, etc) are on your Expedition Teams, then grab every Expedition Token boosting pet, and only then worry about Expedition Damage or Time Bonus or whatever. The XP penalty kick is nothing compared to the bonus that Pet Ranks provide.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Ham Equity posted:

I think previously someone was just dumping shitloads of their money into events (looking at you, Crell), and has stopped doing it, which is definitely fine and was appreciated while they were doing it, but that means it has slowed down our event rate a bit. We can do an event every 72 hours, and can fund it starting after the event ends, so if we want to do events as fast as possible (and we do), I'd ask everyone to put 50k gold into the event during that 24-hour window. You get 55k per day from the guild (assuming we do all of our quests, which we've been good about lately), so it's just asking for ~30% of what you're getting gold-wise out of the guild (to say nothing of the boosts from the events), and only 16 people need to do it, so you won't need to do it every time if everyone is doing it. Please try to check the guild quests every day, I try to fill out the ones late in the day that aren't getting done; mostly seems to be the iron stuff, which is understandable given that it's usually 1250 of something fully-crafted (meaning you have to mine, smelt, and smith/forge it, not just one step, and it eats into your precious charcoal, the true bottleneck for this game).

We managed to pull into rank 16. I'd like to get up to at least 15 before reset, events are about the best way to do it. Also, if you could work towards throwing 5000 Large Bones into the Guild Event Hall if you haven't done so already, that would be good as well. It's gonna be about ten days before we've got the guild credits to do it, so you've got time, but I'd like to be ready once we're through the bottleneck. The event after this one is going to be a combat event, and if we don't have the bones for the Guild Event Hall (or close to it) after that, I'll probably break normal event order to run another combat event to encourage people to get their bones done. Keeping in mind that not everyone is high enough level to get the large bones done, those of you in the upper echelons can get them done a lot faster than the rest of us, so if you could toss some extra in, it would be greatly appreciated.

If you're wondering how much you should be putting into buildings and things, I think 5% is a good floor; we have 23 guild members with 3 inactives, so assuming each of us does 5% of each needed thing that should cover us. You are of course welcome to contribute more (I generally dump 10% of each thing into the building before I call it out in the guild message), and that is very appreciated. You can see how much you (and everyone else) have contributed total towards guild things (quests and buildings) by going to the Guild Members tab and clicking on "Gold" (screenshot below). A big part of this will be how long the member has been around. Not trying to shame anyone, just giving you a number you can make go up. We're moving up ranks, so clearly people are generally doing a good job at contributing, and we ran through a relatively large backlog of guild credits pretty quickly, so thanks all. Building stuff is gonna slow down a ton once we get the Event Hall done, since the next buildings are all 50k guild credits, which is ~38 days of completing every guild quest.

What is the next building? The only thing left that I can throw at the Event Hall is cobalt ore, but I can chop iron bark because woodcutting is very overlevel compared to everything else due to accidentally leaving it on logs for like a week at some point (i.e. it's 12 levels above the next highest).

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

kirtar posted:

What is the next building? The only thing left that I can throw at the Event Hall is cobalt ore, but I can chop iron bark because woodcutting is very overlevel compared to everything else due to accidentally leaving it on logs for like a week at some point (i.e. it's 12 levels above the next highest).

Guild Hall gets us more Guild Credits, so that's probably what we should do next. And it requires a shitload of Ironbark.

Government Handjob
Nov 1, 2004

Gudbrandsglasnost
College Slice
For you realm grinder folks, I missed out on the first mercenary artifact before ascending because I hadn't really figured out excavations, will I still be able to get it when I unlock the faction again at R170ish?

Sayara
May 10, 2009

Klungar posted:

You want to make sure that every pet that is on one of your main Pet Teams (Reinc, Gear, Stats, Card Power, etc) are on your Expedition Teams, then grab every Expedition Token boosting pet, and only then worry about Expedition Damage or Time Bonus or whatever. The XP penalty kick is nothing compared to the bonus that Pet Ranks provide.

AAAAAA. I'm at ascension 20 and didn't know this. I wonder if I even have any of my reinc pets in any expedition teams.

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005

Ham Equity posted:

I think previously someone was just dumping shitloads of their money into events (looking at you, Crell), and has stopped doing it, which is definitely fine and was appreciated while they were doing it, but that means it has slowed down our event rate a bit. We can do an event every 72 hours, and can fund it starting after the event ends, so if we want to do events as fast as possible (and we do), I'd ask everyone to put 50k gold into the event during that 24-hour window.

How do you dump money into events? Is it just the value from donating items to the daily quests?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I'm still confused about the pets in fapi and the wiki is loving useless, I was under the impression that you should not be sending pets on expedition while simultaneously being in my party because that splits the XP, is that not the case? I was figuring the loop was send pets that have good bonuses like Reinc on expedition a few times to get their levels up while leaving them out of the party, then once they have a decent amount of expedition levels switch them to the party while subbing the expedition out with whoever doesn't have levels yet.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...

Philouza posted:

How do you dump money into events? Is it just the value from donating items to the daily quests?

Guild -> Events -> and when one isn't running there will be an x/800k(?) gold thing you can add to.

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.

Ham Equity posted:

Yeah I was dumping my money into the events and guild buildings, was trying to sell an emerald braclet before the patch dropped thinking I wouldn't need it, luckily it didn't sell lol.

I'll start grinding out the bones we need during the next combat event. Doubling up on it is good idea I think.

I wish the dev didn't release more higher level content and worked on other features like pets, chat ect. This patch could of easily been saved for full release.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

explosivo posted:

I'm still confused about the pets in fapi and the wiki is loving useless, I was under the impression that you should not be sending pets on expedition while simultaneously being in my party because that splits the XP, is that not the case? I was figuring the loop was send pets that have good bonuses like Reinc on expedition a few times to get their levels up while leaving them out of the party, then once they have a decent amount of expedition levels switch them to the party while subbing the expedition out with whoever doesn't have levels yet.

The XP penalty is not impactful enough to jump through all those hoops. Just have your team pets always in expeditions.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
I'm thinking about getting back into FAPI. I fell off around the time Expeditions were introduced and I never got into them; I'm about ready to start ascension 6, are there any important tips for the latest iteration of the game? I still don't fully understand pets and pet teams, I have a hard time managing gear and talents as it is.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Klungar posted:

The XP penalty is not impactful enough to jump through all those hoops. Just have your team pets always in expeditions.

Woo okay thank you! I can already see where I was loving up by not having my reinc pets in my main team.

MerrMan
Aug 3, 2003

So I've been playing Factory Town Idle for a couple days now. Not very active but there's plenty to do - I think that may have been part of my problem early because I just unlocked so much poo poo all at once I kind of lost my way. I unlocked the second biome last night, and I guess these are like the prestiges? But you get to keep your global upgrades and you can trade in resources from your other town(s) to jump start progression. Seems cool.

I get the sort of big picture of the progression - more houses, more workers, more demand to sell poo poo in the markets. Level up the town for more land. Research more buildings so sell more poo poo. I think I need to be selling everything, but I'm not sure? Like, should I be selling wood if I'm also selling planks? I think the answer is yes because more fulfillment gives a higher score which has a multiplier on xp gained in a town? And overprovisioning will let you get more xp/coins but doesn't impact the fulfillment score so is this good or bad?

I guess what I'm most confused about is the automatic assignment of workers in buildings. Should I just have everything set to auto and be piling more buildings on if anything falls short? Similar for trade - just set poo poo to auto balance and add trading posts until it meets the demand on both sides?

Lastly - upgrades, perks and town perks: The upgrades all seem good but get expensive pretty fast. Any perks more valuable than others or just kind of whatever you need at the time? There seems to be some incentive to juggle points in to cheaper construction when you're going to build poo poo, cheaper research when researching, etc. but I can't really be assed with that level of micro.

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.

cyxx posted:

It’s rough but worth it to buy out the town halls. I get 5.8m an hour and money is no longer an issue. That’s like 20 bank slots a day passively

Do the expansions add stuff to the town because I have literally every building maxed and only get 1.5 mil an hour

Malt
Jan 5, 2013

Lilli posted:

Do the expansions add stuff to the town because I have literally every building maxed and only get 1.5 mil an hour

Don’t think they do.

Are you keeping your population maxed? I think you have to keep feeding that and the income is based off that as well as town hall level

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.

Malt posted:

Don’t think they do.

Are you keeping your population maxed? I think you have to keep feeding that and the income is based off that as well as town hall level

Yep, every building at max level, health at 100%, happiness at 202% (+/- season modifier), not sure what else I could do to increase population, which is currently sitting at 108,750.

Lilli fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Feb 12, 2024

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Lilli posted:

There are new tiers of buildings in Township in the Herald (100-120) levels. Folks talking about getting 5+ million an hour are probably looking at 120 capped townships.

As long as you don’t repair in winter and have all the repair-discounting buildings set up town halls should still be profitable, but there’s ultimately a limit to what 99 will pay out.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Lilli posted:

They add another level of most buildings I believe. That extra population and production is what takes it much higher.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

MerrMan posted:

So I've been playing Factory Town Idle for a couple days now. Not very active but there's plenty to do - I think that may have been part of my problem early because I just unlocked so much poo poo all at once I kind of lost my way. I unlocked the second biome last night, and I guess these are like the prestiges? But you get to keep your global upgrades and you can trade in resources from your other town(s) to jump start progression. Seems cool.

I get the sort of big picture of the progression - more houses, more workers, more demand to sell poo poo in the markets. Level up the town for more land. Research more buildings so sell more poo poo. I think I need to be selling everything, but I'm not sure? Like, should I be selling wood if I'm also selling planks? I think the answer is yes because more fulfillment gives a higher score which has a multiplier on xp gained in a town? And overprovisioning will let you get more xp/coins but doesn't impact the fulfillment score so is this good or bad?

I guess what I'm most confused about is the automatic assignment of workers in buildings. Should I just have everything set to auto and be piling more buildings on if anything falls short? Similar for trade - just set poo poo to auto balance and add trading posts until it meets the demand on both sides?

Lastly - upgrades, perks and town perks: The upgrades all seem good but get expensive pretty fast. Any perks more valuable than others or just kind of whatever you need at the time? There seems to be some incentive to juggle points in to cheaper construction when you're going to build poo poo, cheaper research when researching, etc. but I can't really be assed with that level of micro.

Hooboy this is a lot. But generally yes, u got it.

Two points I'm gonna clarify: The limiting factor in Factory Town is going to be Demand, so pump demand whenever you can, bring your production to at least that amount, then you'll be ok.

Automatic assigning is great, just flick that on. There is like very few points in the early game when manually assigning workers is more optimal. After you have your trade network figured out and filled up, just slam everything to Auto and the machine will balance itself far better than you can, eventually.

When things get too expensive, just back off and let the coins build. Demand Specialization really helps after 5-6 biomes. The idle token is great for earlyish. The click power is very handy for kick-starting a new biome expansion.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I have another FAPI expedition question (sorry); do my pets get more XP for finishing more waves of easier expeditions? Or should I always be pushing the highest one even if it's only getting me a couple levels of progress so I can try to unlock the next one? At this time I only have enough pets/slots for one expedition so I don't want to waste 8 hours on an expedition that doesn't return a lot but if it's better for XP it might actually be worth it.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

explosivo posted:

I have another FAPI expedition question (sorry); do my pets get more XP for finishing more waves of easier expeditions? Or should I always be pushing the highest one even if it's only getting me a couple levels of progress so I can try to unlock the next one? At this time I only have enough pets/slots for one expedition so I don't want to waste 8 hours on an expedition that doesn't return a lot but if it's better for XP it might actually be worth it.

I think the only thing that influences Pet Ranks is time itself (plus the Pet Rank bonuses from Residue/Cards/etc.)

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

For those who have played Your Chronicle, can you help me understand why offline isn't working the way I expect it to?

I set up a order list to make holy water, which is a fully contained cycle that doesn't need dungeon drops. Over seven hours of offline (so supposedly 50% speed) it made three of the precursor potions and that's it. However, after 17 minutes of offline later this morning it made 2 holy waters in 17 minutes, which is more what I was expecting. Is there something with the way it calculates offline math that isn't working how I expect?

https://imgur.com/a/l8Iy7K6

I suspect it may have to do with the MP not regenerating when you are offline, since my magic cap should have increased by more than one point as well, and that requires full MP to start another level. However, too many herbs were grown for it to be just that, since I can only grow 64 of them off my cap of 16 earth MP

E. Actually, I think I figured it out. It lists all of your routines that you ran in your offline summary, but it doesn't have the "Convert MP to X" routine listed. What I made in herbs matches close to what I'd expect if I burned through all my MP and then had the slow regen without active conversion making up the rest. Must be a bug.

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Feb 13, 2024

Sayara
May 10, 2009

ZZT the Fifth posted:

I'm thinking about getting back into FAPI. I fell off around the time Expeditions were introduced and I never got into them; I'm about ready to start ascension 6, are there any important tips for the latest iteration of the game? I still don't fully understand pets and pet teams, I have a hard time managing gear and talents as it is.

Pets just give stats as they level, so just have a team that gives you what you want. Like, I have a team that gives healthy potato/grasshopper damage/protein/residue what I idle with, and then I have an item rating team, a reincarnation team, and a whack score team that I quickly level up at the end of reincarnations. This is probably not ideal but it's minimal hassle and you get the idea. Then I just use these same pets as expedition teams to get bonuses and farm cards while getting their rank (expedition leveling thingy) up.

New stuff has made gearing super easy, as there's an upgrade which makes it so that higher item rating number is always better, so you don't need to track individual stats at all, or need separate gear sets. Game is in much better state now than it was a year ago.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

I know people hate on idle game discords, but the one for FAPI is quite good and active. If that’s not your bag, at the very least I’d recommend setting up a copy of this planning spreadsheet for your game to help with spending of Card charges, Residue, Reincarnation Points, Protein, Grasshoppers, etc.: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11ljbj_Sq87z3Ocf432UvG_0guie5Ak1_EVggaNZFyHc

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Sayara posted:

Pets just give stats as they level, so just have a team that gives you what you want. Like, I have a team that gives healthy potato/grasshopper damage/protein/residue what I idle with, and then I have an item rating team, a reincarnation team, and a whack score team that I quickly level up at the end of reincarnations. This is probably not ideal but it's minimal hassle and you get the idea. Then I just use these same pets as expedition teams to get bonuses and farm cards while getting their rank (expedition leveling thingy) up.

New stuff has made gearing super easy, as there's an upgrade which makes it so that higher item rating number is always better, so you don't need to track individual stats at all, or need separate gear sets. Game is in much better state now than it was a year ago.

Where can I find this upgrade? :stare:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Klungar posted:

I know people hate on idle game discords, but the one for FAPI is quite good and active. If that’s not your bag, at the very least I’d recommend setting up a copy of this planning spreadsheet for your game to help with spending of Card charges, Residue, Reincarnation Points, Protein, Grasshoppers, etc.: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11ljbj_Sq87z3Ocf432UvG_0guie5Ak1_EVggaNZFyHc

This spreadsheet confused the hell out of me, I have been using the gameplay planner to help with the residue and protein upgrades as well as the pet/farm stuff. I should probably spend more time with the spreadsheet sometime to actually figure out how to read it.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Where can I find this upgrade? :stare:

You want to complete "The Tough Thief" challenge and then grab BOR/Bonus on Rarity, in the Expedition Token shop.

Klungar fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Feb 13, 2024

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

CuddleCryptid posted:

For those who have played Your Chronicle, can you help me understand why offline isn't working the way I expect it to?

I set up a order list to make holy water, which is a fully contained cycle that doesn't need dungeon drops. Over seven hours of offline (so supposedly 50% speed) it made three of the precursor potions and that's it. However, after 17 minutes of offline later this morning it made 2 holy waters in 17 minutes, which is more what I was expecting. Is there something with the way it calculates offline math that isn't working how I expect?

https://imgur.com/a/l8Iy7K6

I suspect it may have to do with the MP not regenerating when you are offline, since my magic cap should have increased by more than one point as well, and that requires full MP to start another level. However, too many herbs were grown for it to be just that, since I can only grow 64 of them off my cap of 16 earth MP

E. Actually, I think I figured it out. It lists all of your routines that you ran in your offline summary, but it doesn't have the "Convert MP to X" routine listed. What I made in herbs matches close to what I'd expect if I burned through all my MP and then had the slow regen without active conversion making up the rest. Must be a bug.

The offline sloth loops are always super funky. Even when you get pretty far into the game and have a bunch of bonuses and things, you make way less then you would expect if you have any of your loops going. Doesn’t matter if it is cycling through dungeons or loop actions. I am guessing it is how the shorthand calculations work, that it can’t quickly simulate the loop dependencies well, so it just doesn’t.

I have found it best to just try and set up something that doesn’t need those sloth loops running. Just pick a particular dungeon to run, and a single loop action to go through. It’s not the best, but can get you XP or research, or food to consume, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Orvin posted:

The offline sloth loops are always super funky. Even when you get pretty far into the game and have a bunch of bonuses and things, you make way less then you would expect if you have any of your loops going. Doesn’t matter if it is cycling through dungeons or loop actions. I am guessing it is how the shorthand calculations work, that it can’t quickly simulate the loop dependencies well, so it just doesn’t.

I have found it best to just try and set up something that doesn’t need those sloth loops running. Just pick a particular dungeon to run, and a single loop action to go through. It’s not the best, but can get you XP or research, or food to consume, etc.

Yeah it's super fiddly, especially since sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I think I've found a way to help by equipping a +MP regen party member that gives +0.5 regen, which seems to calculate properly when offline, at least for short distances. Without it I can go offline and then come back 5 minutes later to see my MP half gone, with it the bar stays fairly full and the processes run correctly. We'll just have to see if it lasts 5+ hours.