Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog
I missed the Mahomes cavalcade at Disneyland today, and we even had reservations for the park. I assume it was a madhouse for 30 seconds of parade time, but I hope those that made it had a blast!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Up until I'd say 2014 when Fastpass+ was rolled out, and before the crowds became super busy all the time, I would say it was possible to do four parks in two days - two parks each day, and see most of the E-tickets. However, you had to really know what you were doing, and go-go-go from rope drop to park close. These days, it simply isn't possible. I think four days, one park per day minimum is ideal to less than four days and attempting to park hop.

Hutzpah
Nov 6, 2009
Fun Shoe
To be clear, I have no interest in trying to see everything in the two days that we have. It's more of a family Florida vacation for a week with 2 days of Disney sprinkled in - one day on Monday a day and day on Wednesday. Our kids are 4 and 6 so 4 consecutive gogogo days at Disney sounds like a nightmare to be honest. We are thinking magic Kingdom one day and epcot the second day. I guess I'm mostly asking how the Disney experience goes, what needs to be done ahead of time, and how to make the most of the day.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Do Magic Kingdom on the Wednesday. Monday is one of the busiest days, and MK is the busiest park.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

If you have two days and you don't care about doing everything then honestly you're pretty set? Pick one or two must-dos and just vibe the rest of the time you're there. The lines for the top attractions in either park (a 7 Dwarfs Mine Train or the Ratatouille ride) will be ridiculously long all day long but you can easily fill a day with rides that will basically be walk-ons (a Three Caballeros or a Dumbo). There are a couple rides that fluctuate (when I was there a few weeks ago Pirates of the Caribbean would get a bad line during the morning but we walked on twice at night) but in general things are pretty consistently busy at the same level through the day.

I like to have a single morning goal, a lunch plan, and a single afternoon goal. Otherwise I just go with the vibes and generally try to stick to short lines while making sure my kids are on board with what we're doing. You can overplan and min/max your Disney trip, but it's also nice to say "gently caress it I'm not doing everything so I'll just do what looks fun in the moment" and embrace the flow.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

VQs are maybe one thing to worry about. Hard to say with kids that young. The height minimum for Tron is 48" and Guardians is 42", and they're both fast rollercoasters with a bunch of movement.

If you do want to do those, you need to get in the virtual queue at 7am. That means opening the VQ page a few minutes before and sitting there refreshing.

Hutzpah
Nov 6, 2009
Fun Shoe
That is absolutely the sort of poo poo I'm looking for. What exactly is a VQ?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Virtual queue. Currently active for Guardians in Epcot and Tron in MK.

Those rides don't have walk-on standby, and aren't on Genie+. They are on the individual lightning lane but that's like $15 a person.

The VQ is the only no additional fee way to get on. It's on the home screen of the My Disney Experience app. You choose your party (you can do this from about 6:50 or so, so it doesn't slow down grabbing the slot at 7am) and then if you get one, it gives you a group number and an estimated return time. The estimate at 7am will be complete nonsense though and be more accurate once the park actually opens and starts running people through.

So I guess to add to that, make sure everyone going is setup with MDE. They can either have their own accounts you add each other as friends with, or just all guests under one person's account. The kids can only be guests at their age.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Hell yes Tokyo style animatronics

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8TrqDPN/

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Minecraft and Universal released DLC today which includes current rides and classic rides.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGLDT6fK500

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Reimagined 1900 park fare reopening on April 10th and it sounds interesting. I wonder how much more pricey it's gonna be?

Hutzpah posted:

To be clear, I have no interest in trying to see everything in the two days that we have. It's more of a family Florida vacation for a week with 2 days of Disney sprinkled in - one day on Monday a day and day on Wednesday. Our kids are 4 and 6 so 4 consecutive gogogo days at Disney sounds like a nightmare to be honest. We are thinking magic Kingdom one day and epcot the second day. I guess I'm mostly asking how the Disney experience goes, what needs to be done ahead of time, and how to make the most of the day.

Dining reservations open at 60 days out. If you want Magic Kingdom and Epcot, they're good choices and you know the kiddos the best. Epcot has a good few rides for the whole family and Magic Kingdom is, well, magical.

So, at Magic Kingdom you'll drive to the Ticket and Transport Center. There, you'll pay to park and then park. If you need to, you can take a tram up to the main plaza. There, you pick your approach: monorail or ferry. Personally, I prefer the ferry. Both take you to Magic Kingdom's entryway.

You'll scan each ticket and get a fingerprint (any finger, just remember which) to link that ticket to that person. Then, you can pick up a map or grab a rental stroller if you don't have your own/if you need one. Then the rest of the day is up to you, Genie+ (if you buy it), and where you want to eat/what you already have reserved. If you have a little girl, would she want to go to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique? Would a son want to get a neat old timey barber shop hair cut? If you tell us more about the kiddos, it gives us better suggestions. Same thing goes for food: allergies, preferences, etc are really helpful.

At Epcot, you drive almost right up to Epcot itself vs a parking area separated from it (the TTC). If you're very far back, you may take a tram to near the entrance. You'll sign in the same way (ticket scan + fingerprint) with each person and then enter the park. Are either of the kids really into Nemo or Frozen or anything like that?

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Tim Whatley posted:

I'm assuming if I buy a UOAP that it will absolutely not include Epic Universe next year?

No, but if it's one of the top two tiers there is a good chance it will include a passholder preview to Epic Universe, which is probably the least crowded that park will be for 18-24 months.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Hutzpah posted:

What's the goal of the 2 days there? Have the most fun/magical experience focusing on the kids, or a mix of thrill rides for the adults and some stuff for the kids.

If it's all about the kids, you'll want to focus on rides they can go on, character experiences, the parade and fireworks, and things like shows.

If I was going back in time with my kids and I had 2 days, this is what I would do

1 day Magic Kingdom
Lots of age friendly things to do, character meets, the parade, night time fireworks, etc.

1 day Hollywood Studios
Toy Story Land, Frozen, Indy, Beauty and Beast shows, night time Fantasmic show.

I don't know if I would do Epcot with a 4 and 6 year old. There's not a ton for them to do there.
Animal Kingdom is a solid park, but not worth blowing a day ticket on with a 4 and 6 year old.

That's my thoughts while trying to be as inclusive of the 4 year old as possible. There's some rides depending on their height they won't be able to go on, so I'd focus on the character interactions, shows, and kid friendly attractions.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I agree, I don't know if kids that age will get a lot out of Epcot.

Yeah it has Frozen, but it's a ride, restaurant and a meet and greet that you can't exactly hang out in. Do they really, really like aquariums?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
If your kids are into Disney characters and they’re 4 and 6, book a character breakfast/lunch. Yeah they’re expensive but watching your kids interact one on one with the characters as they walk around and greet everyone is a memory that you’ll remember forever. My oldest loved the Princess breakfast and seeing all the photos and videos from that first trip always makes me smile. Hell, I’m 46 and I’ll happily take a picture with Mickey and Minnie.

Also, don’t do too much. If they’re tired and cranky, leave, nap and come back. Trying to drag around cranky kids makes parents cranky and then everyone is having a miserable time.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I'd have to say that my park suggestions would be based on whether or not both kids are over 40". 40" is the height limit for many of the major E-tickets that young children would also want to ride.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Also keep in mind that Epcot is probably the most physically exhausting park with the sheer walking distance between attractions and lack of shade (although Moana and the new seating areas around Roy help this somewhat).

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
Yeah, I remember doing Epcot at like 10 and that was rough on everybody. People are not overstating just how much walking it is.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Hutzpah posted:

Okay, let's do triage!

Most importantly: What do you want to get out of this? Use your own words, but some options as a guide -- the big commercials moments like parades and seeing fireworks over the castle, riding rides, meeting characters, eating really interesting or fancy food, drinking a lot (unlikely with kids, I know).

The kids might be too small or just too young for thrill rides, so: height? Thrill tolerance? Would the parents like to ride thrill rides even if the kids can't/won't come along? (Disney lets you do rider swap so one parent can wait with the kids while the other is in line, and then the other rides immediately after the first one gets off.)

Any particular franchises anyone in your family is a fan of that would be a must-do if present? Star Wars, Avatar, and Toy Story have gotten the most love, but for anything, we can at least tell you if there are any rides themed to that franchise or if you can meet the characters somewhere.

We'll get to the jargon later, because it's overwhelming if all dumped on you at once, so for now: go to your phone's app store and download the Disney World app. If you've got a Disney account you can log in with, do so, otherwise, make one. Then just click around a bit. See what information you can find and what all the menus and options do. I just want you to start getting familiar with it, because you run basically your entire visit off the app and the day of the trip is no time to try to learn it.

Also, from your description, I'm assuming you've got a hotel room and you just plan to drive to Disney World from there, right? You don't need a hotel for the two visit days?

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

I agree, I don't know if kids that age will get a lot out of Epcot.

Yeah it has Frozen, but it's a ride, restaurant and a meet and greet that you can't exactly hang out in. Do they really, really like aquariums?

That's so much what this is: we need to know more about the kiddos to help out.

4 and 6 year old me loved Epcot like, crazily. And keep in mind that Gran Fiesta Tour and Ratatouille exist in Epcot now, too. It's still really gonna be hit or miss and depends so much on the little ones. My go-to would probably be Animal Kingdom for most kiddos just because of the vast amount of shows, but you still run into height limitations out the rear end. Maybe.

Hutzpah
Nov 6, 2009
Fun Shoe
Goons are the best.

I'll try to give some more context and answer as much as I can. We are staying for a week at a house a like 30 minutes or so from the park, so we would be driving in each of the 2 days. We are going sometime in May so haven't hit the 60 day out date for reservations, but would be open to any recommendations. My kids are good eaters, but the like most kids, the base of their food pyramid is cheese. We don't have any food allergies or anything to worry about there.

The decisions for Magic Kingdom and Epcot weren't based on much to be honest, and I'm open to changing them. My wife has fond memories of Magic Kingdom as a kid, and that screams the most "Disney" of the parks, but Epcot was chosen for no reason other than the Frozen ride. My 4-year-old daughter is obsessed with Frozen. However, she's very shy and doesn't have a great track record around rides and there's a 90% chance she wouldn't step onto the ride. Sometimes she surprises us though, and we wanted to give her the opportunity to do so. She's a very girly girl so anything princess is up her ally. Frozen is top tier, but Moana is also her jam, and she's been really jazzed on Minnie and Lilo & Stitch lately. We were looking at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique as a something that could be interesting.

I'll check out Hollywood Studios over Epcot and see what one offers over the other. I didn't realize Hollywood Studies also had a Frozen thing.

Basically, we figure we'd try to go for the full day each of the 2 days. My kids don't nap so we'd do what we can all day and leave whenever it is they've had enough.

The real goal of the whole trip: for the kids to have a great time, go one rides that they enjoy without scaring them, and see some over-the-top Disney stuff while they're still young and not jaded. I see it kind of like Santa. You want them to be able to enjoy it while they're still young enough not to know better. As much as good food/drink/etc would be nice for me and my wife, we can get that on another trip, so we want to make this one all about the 2 kids.

Sounds like I need to download the app and start poking around so I can come back with some more specific questions.

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

I'd have to say that my park suggestions would be based on whether or not both kids are over 40". 40" is the height limit for many of the major E-tickets that young children would also want to ride.

My 6 year old son is outgoing, >40 inches tall, and loves everything other than large coasters so my wife and I figured we'd rotate going on whatever more intense rides he wanted while the other went on more gentle rides with my daughter (she's only 36 inches tall so that would limit her for some rides). The preference would be to do things altogether, but this way we could split up if needed.

Hutzpah fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Feb 14, 2024

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You could also consider hopper for the one day and do both Epcot and DHS.

The skyliner is a gondola-like thing that goes between them.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Hutzpah posted:

The decisions for Magic Kingdom and Epcot weren't based on much to be honest, and I'm open to changing them. My wife has fond memories of Magic Kingdom as a kid, and that screams the most "Disney" of the parks, but Epcot was chosen for no reason other than the Frozen ride. My 4-year-old daughter is obsessed with Frozen. However, she's very shy and doesn't have a great track record around rides and there's a 90% chance she wouldn't step onto the ride. Sometimes she surprises us though, and we wanted to give her the opportunity to do so. She's a very girly girl so anything princess is up her ally. Frozen is top tier, but Moana is also her jam, and she's been really jazzed on Minnie and Lilo & Stitch lately. We were looking at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique as a something that could be interesting.

...The real goal of the whole trip: for the kids to have a great time, go one rides that they enjoy without scaring them, and see some over-the-top Disney stuff while they're still young and not jaded. I see it kind of like Santa. You want them to be able to enjoy it while they're still young enough not to know better.
So, I agree that Magic Kingdom needs to be on your list. It's the most Disney of the parks, you'll get your parades and castle and classic rides and fireworks, and it's the friendliest for little kids. I would personally shift it to Wednesday because I think there's no way you can top seeing the fireworks, so you save it for last because anything afterwards would be an anticlimax, and also I feel like the melancholy of leaving the parks behind fits best at Magic Kingdom, with the castle diminishing as you walk away and the "See You Real Soon" sign over the gates as you exit. But that's personal preference, you know your family and your kids better than I do, so if you'd rather frontload the really memorable stuff and have a chiller second experience, that's fine too.

I also think Epcot is the right second park for you, because that was a very Epcot answer you gave. That's where the Frozen ride is (and it's an extremely chill ride, you're on a slow-moving boat except for one quick backwards burst), that's where the Moana thing is, and that's also where you can meet Elsa, Anna, and Moana, so: yeah, Epcot. You can take the six year old on Test Track (it sounds like "be on a car that goes very fast" would be right up his alley), Soarin', and Remy, that should make him happy.

You could do the park-hop to DHS, but I'm hesitant. If you've got a Star Wars fanatic in your family, it's a must-do, but DHS is the most thrill-heavy park and is gonna lock your daughter out of just about all the good stuff. That said, you could definitely swing it as sort of a morning is for the daughter, afternoon is for the son thing; sounds like he'd get a kick out of Star Tours, Smuggler's Run, and Tower of Terror (what's his scare tolerance?), and you could get your daughter on Midway Mania and there's a fun Muppets 3d movie unless that'd scare her, I know some kids are just too little to deal with the picture coming out of the screen. And there's definitely something to be said for being able to end the night with Fantasmic, because it rules.

I suppose now's a good time to bring up the... let's call it philosophy... of your family, and especially your kids? Is a regimented "we're gonna go here, then go here, then do that, then do this" plan something that'd increase your fun because you can get the most experiences in, or kill it because you want to graze and just take experiences as they come, even if that means you don't do as much?

Also, just be aware that there's no avoiding walking. The average Disney World guest walks seven miles a day (the average American walks 2). Which means you and your wife are going to be tired beyond reason, and your kids need strollers. I don't care that they've outgrown them, being at Disney World degrades everyone's walking capability one level.

CapnAndy fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Feb 14, 2024

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
Also, bear in mind that Florida is already hot as gently caress in May and it will probably rain at some point during the day, so be prepared for both of those things.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
If one of your kids loves princess stuff, I would highly, highly recommend Cinderella’s Royal Table.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Jose Oquendo posted:

If one of your kids loves princess stuff, I would highly, highly recommend Cinderella’s Royal Table.
I feel like it'd take a remarkably tolerant six year old boy to endure that, though. CRT has all the cooties.

Lloyddy
Sep 27, 2000

Personally I would do both days at Magic Kingdom. I think Epcot is not great for kids that age, the rides will likely be too intense for the 4 year old, and too intense or a bit boring for the 6 year old. There's also a LOT of walking, more than MK.

Two days at MK will take off a lot of the pressure. A full day at MK is going to be too much for the kids. Having two days will let you do most of the rides, shows and character experiences without having to rush (as much) and hopefully avoid any meltdowns from the kids (or parents!)

If your kids can go to bed late you can work in an afternoon break and return to the park in the evening.

Try and get to the park 30 mins before opening if you can. It's a cliche but it really pays off, a lot of people just aren't willing to get to the park that early and you'll get a lot of Fantasyland done. I agree with the advice about getting a stroller for both kids. Hope you have a great time!

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Okay so here's the thing that everyone who has never been to WDW needs to hear:

Magic Kingdom can be a blast, but is more likely to be a stressful visit. It is BY FARRRR the most stressful and difficult park to tackle out of all the Florida parks, especially if you aren't staying at a resort and using resort transportation (meaning you have the added hassle of additional travel just to get to and from your car). On a typical day, the Magic Kingdom alone sees more guests than ALL of Universal Orlando combined. It is the most beat up of the WDW parks. The one with the most rides first timers who don't have the nostalgic connection might classify as "outdated". The one that is by far the most likely to leave a bad taste in your mouth. Often, when you hear people who visited "Disney" and have nothing positive to say about it, all they did was see Magic Kingdom.

But, having said all that, I get it. Seeing the castle and experiencing classic Disney park is a box people want to check off. It also has the highest number of attractions out of the four WDW parks and probably the highest amount of things small children can experience.

So I think it should be one of your days, but just, temper your expectations and expect stress. I'm not trying to be negative - I feel that hearing this beforehand gives people the right mindset when visiting Magic Kingdom.

The second day, I think it's kind of a toss up, but just know that Epcot and Animal Kingdom are typically more chill compared to Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios.

Epcot: Probably the park with the second highest number of rides that have no height requirement behind Magic Kingdom. Still has lots of character meet & greets, great nighttime fireworks show.

Hollywood Studios: Most of the rides have a height requirement, but there's a ton of shows that families can enjoy together.

Animal Kingdom: If your kids love animals they will love Kilimanjaro Safaris and the two walking animal trail attractions.

Finally, I do NOT suggest park hopping, especially with little ones and only on two days. Instead of having a slower-paced, more relaxed day at one park, you create a rushed, stressful day at two parks.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I'm torn: the Frozen singalong is at Hollywood Studios and it sounds like your little girl would love that over the Frozen ride. It also sounds like your son would probably be into the Indiana Jones stunt show. And there's a buffet that has Minnie and her friends coming table to table to visit the kiddos. The food has been up and down throughout the years, but the meet and greet might be a really nice thing for the kiddos. And Minnie greets in this park as a character appearance, too. And there's Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway ride.

But everything else leans toward Epcot. Especially the Anna and Elsa meet and greet, which you can't get at any other park. You can also meet Minnie at Storybook Circus (Magic Kingdom) and she sometimes pops up at Epcot, primarily in the Imagination pavilion last I'd seen; though that's the Disney 100 years outfits. Not her typical red and white polkadots. And there's the enormous Moana walkthrough attraction at Epcot, too, with a Te Fiti that's like, huge. She's not an animatronic, but she's lifelike enough for little kids.

Magic Kingdom's definitely. Have you looked at Ohana as a dining reservation? Because you can meet Lilo & Stitch over there for breakfast (only breakfast, not any other time) and it's an easy monorail ride to Magic Kingdom afterwards.

I'm split on Hollywood Studios and Epcot. I don't think you can go wrong either way, but if kiddo is going to be scared of the Frozen ride I do end up leaning a little more into Hollywood Studios if you think she wouldn't be scared of a sing along theater with lots of people and bubbles/snow falling from the ceiling.

If you do Animal Kingdom, that little girl is probably too sweet and shy for It's Tough to be a Bug.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/hollywood-studios/frozen-sing-along-celebration/ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nlk0ikZ5mSI here's a performance of it.

ETA: Hollywood Studios does have a lot of rides with height requirements, but it sounds like the daughter is so soft and uncertain about rides that she may not want to do much for rides to begin with, so I'm looking at things outside of rides that she may want to do instead. I'm not against park hopping, personally, but there is a very big point that it's gonna be hot and it may be too much for them even if you use the skyliner.

ETA2: Hell with it I'll just make you a list of rides.

Hollywood Studios:

things they could both ride:

alien swirling saucers
mickey and minnie's runaway railway
toy story mania

things only he could ride:

tower of terror (40")
star tours (40")
slinky dog dash (toy story roller coaster, it's 38")
smuggler's run (star wars land stuff, another 38")
rise of the resistance (star wars land, 40")

things neither could ride:

Rock n roller coaster, but it's closed for refurb anyway and I'm not sure if it'd be open or not when you're there (I can't remember the schedule atm)

---------------------

Epcot:

things they could both ride:

Frozen Ever After
Gran Fiesta Tour
Journey into Imagination with Figment
Living with the Land
Remy's Ratatouille Adventure
Spaceship Earth (the golf ball)

things only he could ride:

Mission: Space (40")
Soarin' (40")
Test Track (40")

things neither could ride:

Guardians of the Galaxy: cosmic rewind (42")

And here are the two parks end of the night spectaculars: Fantasmic is at Hollywood Studios, LuminoUS is at Epcot

Fantasmic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4Tzy6s4Nss

LuminoUS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndSOKDrJZ-E

Fluffy Bunnies fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Feb 14, 2024

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The new frog priciness lady animatronic looks weird and creepy. Idk why. It’s both too life like but also robotic and looks like a cartoon lol

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Magic Kingdom's definitely. Have you looked at Ohana as a dining reservation? Because you can meet Lilo & Stitch over there for breakfast (only breakfast, not any other time) and it's an easy monorail ride to Magic Kingdom afterwards.
Oooh, that's solid. But they're driving in; wouldn't Polynesian get salty about leaving the car parked all day in their lot while you go off to MK?

I am of the opinion, though, that if you can get the daughter in the ride vehicle to begin with, she can handle the Frozen ride. Apart from when you get blown backwards, it's no more intense than It's A Small World.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

CapnAndy posted:

Oooh, that's solid. But they're driving in; wouldn't Polynesian get salty about leaving the car parked all day in their lot while you go off to MK?

I am of the opinion, though, that if you can get the daughter in the ride vehicle to begin with, she can handle the Frozen ride. Apart from when you get blown backwards, it's no more intense than It's A Small World.

You can get to Polynesian from the ticket and transportation center (which is where the monorail/boats to MK are). There is a 'resort' monorail line that stops at The Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Magic Kingdom, and then The Contemporary before going back to the TTC. Obviously, you would pay to park though.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
In Epcot going down the hill on the south side between France and England (on the way to the Skyliner), Goofy is always at the bridge and Minnie is often down the hill a bit, like next to the gift shop. You’d probably catch Snow White and/or Mary Poppins (?) in the England area, too.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Akileese posted:

You can get to Polynesian from the ticket and transportation center (which is where the monorail/boats to MK are). There is a 'resort' monorail line that stops at The Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Magic Kingdom, and then The Contemporary before going back to the TTC. Obviously, you would pay to park though.
Does that run before park open, though? I dunno what the timing is on Ohana breakfast vs. rope drop.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

CapnAndy posted:

Also, just be aware that there's no avoiding walking. The average Disney World guest walks seven miles a day (the average American walks 2). Which means you and your wife are going to be tired beyond reason, and your kids need strollers. I don't care that they've outgrown them, being at Disney World degrades everyone's walking capability one level.
I actually had a step counter on me when I was in the parks and I tested it on a random day lazy out shopping when I got home. I guess my last Disney trip was super chill or something, because they were within a couple hundred steps of each other. I see why people get super into metricing their trips now, because the level of tiredness really doesn't compare at all.

Hungry Squirrel
Jun 30, 2008

You gonna eat that?
By halfway through the third day I had blisters so bad that I could barely get around on the fourth day. There was a lot of me sitting in shady corners while the kid ran off. You will walk so much, and in Florida humidity with the attendant sock sticking issues. Be thoughtful about your footwear,

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

CapnAndy posted:

I think that's true, but they said they might have issues getting her to step foot on it. It's a very, very gentle ride and very pretty.

I am like, 99% sure that resort monorail starts long before park open. I'm not 100% sure of its operating hours though. You could also just take the monorail to MK then take it back to Polynesian.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TA2dziZ40g0

New video. Defunctland never disappoints.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Oh my god the cast members that had to sit through all those auditions every day... that is hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler

Bottom Liner posted:

Oh my god the cast members that had to sit through all those auditions every day... that is hell.

I worked with a few of the casting directors on that show and I remember them telling me “I Can Go the Distance” was the song that, if you announced it was your audition song, they would prepare themselves for extra suffering.