Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

mobby_6kl posted:

New Legal Eagle, i don't think it's been posted yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=747zo5TjmN8

Last page, but honestly, fellas amusing enough to be posted a few pages.
buck yo bitch up snype.
(I was saying its from two pages ago to someone reposting it on the last page, so lol, imma go watch it now, its occasionally interesting.)

staberind fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Feb 13, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

NEVER BACK DOWN(tm) :patriot:

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.
"I'm totally for it. Unless I find out it's illegal. Then I'm way against it."

Neuronyx
Dec 8, 2016

staberind posted:

No, its more their depression is recognised and they get medication for it, thats sort of the opposite.
compared with generations of "i dont want to die yet, my parents are still alive and i cant do that to them"
whatever metric you are using to "judge a generation", I'd say thats progress.

Yeah that's pretty great progress compared to me.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Waffle House posted:

tfw you've made an entire career out of being a shrieking bitch, and found people willing to bankroll your odious bullshit

She's bankrolled by and was groomed in social media outrage milling by Seth Dillon of the Babylon Bee and whatever dark money billionaire(s) is behind Seth Dillon and the Bee :eng101:

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

staberind posted:

No, its more their depression is recognised and they get medication for it, thats sort of the opposite.
compared with generations of "i dont want to die yet, my parents are still alive and i cant do that to them"

That's not really how these surveys work. They don't count the number of zoomers in therapy or with any sort of official diagnosis they count the numbers of people who report having the symptoms of depression/anxiety. They're having them fill out a version of a form that psychiatrists use as a diagnostic tool. I don't remember the name of but the questions are like "In the past week I've felt without hope" - Strongly disagree to strongly agree.

Either way at the end of the day an awful lot of them are reporting they're really depressed and feel hopeless/helpless about the future. Depressed people without hope do not take action.

dochermes
Feb 5, 2024

by Fluffdaddy

Funky See Funky Do posted:

They're the most depressed and medicated generation. They've got problems we didn't even imagine people having 20 years ago.

We have such hopes for each generation. They each think THEY will break the cycle and solve all the problems. For a while they accomplish some stuff. Then they get co-opted and compromised, and get ground down by responsibilities and cares until they become the new villains.

The best we can say is that each generation makes a few improvements before they sell out, and these improvements add up.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Batterypowered7 posted:

SA block list is pointless until you're that one goon that blocked so many people that it caused the forums to crash.

An oldie but a goodie moment. that was so funny.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Durf posted:

let us know if Gorka's head is really that big IRL

https://twitter.com/SebGorka/status/1754279163970908365

Okay so someone correct me if I am off the mark here, but I recall a MAGA cruise like this trying to happen a few years ago, it was canceled last minute and everyone lost their money. No refunds were possible.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

dochermes posted:

We have such hopes for each generation. They each think THEY will break the cycle and solve all the problems. For a while they accomplish some stuff. Then they get co-opted and compromised, and get ground down by responsibilities and cares until they become the new villains.

The best we can say is that each generation makes a few improvements before they sell out, and these improvements add up.

ok boomer

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

staberind posted:

Tbh it’s a little more than that because these mfs actually get therapy in addition to getting meds. That’s a huge step forward.

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

Biden spent 45 million in advertising and got a fraction of the air time for it. I think the point goes to Republicans here. Another Trump-brand victimless crime!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I said come in! posted:

There was a time when the top ten most-ignored users were all people who'd been perma'd aside from #1 and #2 which were literally just radium coding errors somehow. Now there's only like one or two perma'd doofs in the top ten and everyone else is still an active poster on SA lol.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

sharknado slashfic posted:

I can't imagine being in school and having the feeling of a cell phone camera being turned on me at any time, not to mention a gun

they don't even get snow days anymore

loving hellscape

https://twitter.com/katie_honan/status/1757096987269169272

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Durf posted:

Snow days aren't even allowed anymore

loving hellscape

As is what happens when you elect a loving cop to be the mayor :cop:

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

Tbh it’s a little more than that because these mfs actually get therapy in addition to getting meds. That’s a huge step forward.

They're a huge step forward in their attitude towards mental health but a huge step back in their actual mental health.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Neuronyx posted:

Yeah that's pretty great progress compared to me.

D'ye think that "Parents" thing was from a film or book? its not an off the cuff "Example".

3 things. look after your mental health, if you are in a rut, get help. next, its feburary, sometimes a dismal month, Vitamin E, (and my suggestion, Ginseng, for the immune system boost)can help. finally: Goons Goin Gray: this is a community and even if we spend most of our time mocking each other, (as we should), its one of the most real and empathic ones around, so uh, yeah, we care.

Funky See Funky Do posted:

That's not really how these surveys work. They don't count the number of zoomers in therapy or with any sort of official diagnosis they count the numbers of people who report having the symptoms of depression/anxiety. They're having them fill out a version of a form that psychiatrists use as a diagnostic tool. I don't remember the name of but the questions are like "In the past week I've felt without hope" - Strongly disagree to strongly agree.

Either way at the end of the day an awful lot of them are reporting they're really depressed and feel hopeless/helpless about the future. Depressed people without hope do not take action.

on the one hand; I agree, but "depressed people without hope" covers a lot of ground, and within that, are people without hope for themselves, maybe, but hope for the future. eg: "I know I'm hosed but I hope the next generation has it better"
finally : pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

staberind fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Feb 13, 2024

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Durf posted:

The Dragon Leviathan of Budapest this June and July

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

staberind posted:

counterpoint :lowtax, oddly, posts fuckall nowadays. my blocklist is a deathnote.
but yeah, some people, for the sake of their sanity will block the most febrile monglers, but due to their ultimate febrile monglosity, they gonna get argued with by people who are "in the mood". thus, I dont bother expanding my blocklist; i just judge, silently.
I mean, d'ya like my av? someone got so tunt they changed my old av to that. its great. its a "seal of approval" like a redtext. its like sex without a faked orgasm.

Yeah, that is odd. I wonder what he's down to these days.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
Snow days are one of life’s greatest pleasures when you’re a kid. Not to sound like an old man angrily waving his cane, but leave the kids some slack. They’ve got decades of a joyless humdrum existence waiting for them in adulthood.

kender
Dec 15, 2000
Forum Veteran

I said come in! posted:

IIRC the dipshit was running one of those "website archivers" and it was hitting every button on a page, so it hit ignore on every single user it encountered in every thread.

And then we saw the strength of the forums. gently caress, this might've even been pre-radium loving things up.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

staberind posted:

whichever one this is.

graham cracker posted:

hair piss-colored yella? you got chode their fella
if its greasy and brown youre in stank town

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

:catdrugs:

Durf posted:

A chud cruise sounds like a good way to have a covid super event.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

ok here's confirmation

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

kazil posted:

ok here's confirmation

thank god. then we have less weird doomy poo poo.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Durf posted:

loving hellscape

i'm from a warm climate, so i guess i'm an unsympathetic audience, but don't snow days just get tacked on a the end of the school year

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
What loving drugs are you taking where you think the RNC will ratfuck trump

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Durf posted:

loving hellscape

I had to take off today since schools and daycare closed, I would be absolutely furious if I had to take off and then not be able to play with my kids cause they had to sit and stare at a computer. Absolute bullshit

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

NY 03

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i'm from a warm climate, so i guess i'm an unsympathetic audience, but don't snow days just get tacked on a the end of the school year

This is why we need to teach kids how credit works

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Usually they have a few days of leeway so maybe the first 3-5 snow days don't need to be made up, but beyond that they start extending the schoolyear

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

I saw an interview with people in that district at the beginning of the Santos saga and they said they were deeply disappointed in him but would still rather have him than a Democrat.

Bunch of dipshit cops.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

kazil posted:

ok here's confirmation

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://twitter.com/brianros1/statu...%5Es1_&ref_url=
https://twitter.com/yarotrof/status...%3D1260lastpost
its because they are both cyncal ghouls who are fine with others suffering as long as their necks dont get streatched by their hog base.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
it's getting to the point where you can't even trust an establishment conservative to be honest

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Demon Of The Fall posted:

no one will work for a harris campaign, lol. she is a complete nonfactor for 2028

All of the AKAs and a lot of the Divine Nine would happily work for her campaign. My wife agrees with basically none of Kamala's actual political stances, outside of the basic Democrat stuff like abortion access and LGBTQ rights, and still stans pretty hard just because they are in the same sorority.

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009

NoiseAnnoys posted:

zoomers are dumbasses just like everyone else lol

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Machai posted:

All of the AKAs and a lot of the Divine Nine would happily work for her campaign. My wife agrees with basically none of Kamala's actual political stances, outside of the basic Democrat stuff like abortion access and LGBTQ rights, and still stans pretty hard just because they are in the same sorority.

abortion is basically americas "dragon break".

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Just saw a thing about the Oxford School Shooter’s mother, Jennifer Crumbley, who was found guilty last week.

She had health insurance through her job. Her husband and son did not have health insurance.

“Okay, Rod, well getting other people covered on your work’s insurance plan can be prohibitively expensive and they probably couldn’t afford it.”

She owned HORSES. Multiple horses! And paid to have them stabled somewhere!

:dafuq:

Reminder, she also wrote a Wordpress blog on why she was a pro-choice, pro-LGBT feminist who supported Donald Trump.

Some people’s brains are just no good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

lol