Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Was that the same issue as the “load bearing slur” or am I mixing up SA lore?

so i looked this up and for reference radium and lowtax left a few hard Rs in the forums code that if removed would crash it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

roflmao

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

nine-gear crow posted:

As is what happens when you elect a loving cop to be the mayor :cop:

Still better than the Florida “gently caress it, just send them to work in the coal mines at 10 years old” approach

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Just saw a thing about the Oxford School Shooter’s mother, Jennifer Crumbley, who was found guilty last week.

She had health insurance through her job. Her husband and son did not have health insurance.

“Okay, Rod, well getting other people covered on your work’s insurance plan can be prohibitively expensive and they probably couldn’t afford it.”

She owned HORSES. Multiple horses! And paid to have them stabled somewhere!

:dafuq:

Reminder, she also wrote a Wordpress blog on why she was a pro-choice, pro-LGBT feminist who supported Donald Trump.

Some people’s brains are just no good!

yet they still shot her to absolute death. (and some child with her). كما شاء الله

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Dapper_Swindler posted:

https://twitter.com/brianros1/statu...%5Es1_&ref_url=
https://twitter.com/yarotrof/status...%3D1260lastpost
its because they are both cyncal ghouls who are fine with others suffering as long as their necks dont get streatched by their hog base.

Gee I can’t wait for the Mitch McConnell redemption arc when he decides not to run again and sticks it to Trump on some meaningless piece of legislation so that he can write about it in his memoirs.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

staberind posted:

yet they still shot her to absolute death. (and some child with her). كما شاء الله

I think you’re confusing the Joel Osteen shooter with the Oxford, MI school shooter, Ethan Crumbley.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

man, your humour is a little too cruel.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Just saw a thing about the Oxford School Shooter’s mother, Jennifer Crumbley, who was found guilty last week.

She had health insurance through her job. Her husband and son did not have health insurance.

“Okay, Rod, well getting other people covered on your work’s insurance plan can be prohibitively expensive and they probably couldn’t afford it.”

Reminder, she also wrote a Wordpress blog on why she was a pro-choice, pro-LGBT feminist who supported Donald Trump.

yeah thats nuts. arnt horses like super loving expensive to keep/stable? i never heard about the trump blog.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Frank Frank posted:

Gee I can’t wait for the Mitch McConnell redemption arc when he decides not to run again and sticks it to Trump on some meaningless piece of legislation so that he can write about it in his memoirs.

he wont do poo poo even then. he is passing this because he is an old hawk who wants to go back to quiet evil. my guess is he hopes it passes but then if it fails he can blame the house chuds and trump and then not try again.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah thats nuts. arnt horses like super loving expensive to keep/stable? i never heard about the trump blog.

Yes. There used to be an entire Bad With Money thread somewhere that was just stories of women with horses and men with boats and/or bitcoin.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Frank Frank posted:

Mitch will never resign or drop out, he will die of either a stroke or old age as a sitting US Senator

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Per MST3K, I'm wondering if it's related to catching Hockey Hair or Grizzled Old Prospector Syndrome

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who immediately went there.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Dapper_Swindler posted:

he wont do poo poo even then. he is passing this because he is an old hawk who wants to go back to quiet evil. my guess is he hopes it passes but then if it fails he can blame the house chuds and trump and then not try again.

I know. I’m still mad that McCain got a redemption arc.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

staberind posted:

She's the mother of the Oxford school shooter that just got found guilty to 4 involuntary homicide charges for it.

And she loving sucks. Couldn't have happened to a more negligent piece of poo poo.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

best advice i ever got was, “never date a horse girl.” should’ve listened instead of figuring that one out the hard way

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Catastrophe posted:

Just curious. This is a serious question:

What exactly would make conservatives happy about "BORDER!"

edit: I'm asking because I genuinely don't think they know.

A related question:

Given the reliance of rich White Republican Americans on undocumented foreign brown skinned workers, (as gardeners, maids, au pairs, nannies, etc.) Has there been a scandal of the likes of the 'Peter Dutton/Gil McLachlan au pair' thing?

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

I think you’re confusing the Joel Osteen shooter with the Oxford, MI school shooter, Ethan Crumbley.

oh. sorry i am a bit checked out of giving a single gently caress about those fine distinctions of "nutter with a gun", you might say that, after a certain point, it does not matter who, where, why, its more "no one gives a gently caress and you live in a hellscape" but, y'know, make sure to take your suppliments.
E: I mean, I do appreciate the headsup, Cheers Rod.

staberind fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Feb 14, 2024

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Yes. There used to be an entire Bad With Money thread somewhere that was just stories of women with horses and men with boats and/or bitcoin.

lol, i mean gently caress i am bad with money but id love to make myself feel better.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Dapper_Swindler posted:

lol, i mean gently caress i am bad with money but id love to make myself feel better.
The Bad With Money thread (which is constantly being renamed, but always has the initials B. W. M.) is in the Business, Finance, and Careers forums.

Direct link -> https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3878671

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

BrigadierSensible posted:

A related question:

Given the reliance of rich White Republican Americans on undocumented foreign brown skinned workers, (as gardeners, maids, au pairs, nannies, etc.) Has there been a scandal of the likes of the 'Peter Dutton/Gil McLachlan au pair' thing?

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

mobby_6kl posted:

New Legal Eagle, i don't think it's been posted yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=747zo5TjmN8

FFS just another hype merchant making his bones off ol' Trumpo. If the Don gets locked up, his clicks will be in the shitter. Grift some more, laywer

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Hyundai is opening a gigantic EV plant in Savannah Georgia this year which is going to produce hundreds of thousands of EVs a year. It's bringing literally tens of thousands of jobs to Georgia's economy.
A major EV battery manufacturing plant just went up on I-85 near Commerce GA, it's going to provide thousands of high paid jobs in an area only really known for truck stops. It's going to bring an amazing amount of money to the area.

:byodame: BATTERIES

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Wow. Sure makes one think.

Mostly, "what the gently caress should I care about this?"

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Woke electricity

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

CannonFodder posted:

A major EV battery manufacturing plant just went up on I-85 near Commerce GA, it's going to provide thousands of high paid jobs in an area only really known for truck stops. It's going to bring an amazing amount of money to the area.

:byodame: BATTERIES

Think how much prosperity could be brought instead by BIBLES

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

staberind posted:

on the one hand; I agree, but "depressed people without hope" covers a lot of ground, and within that, are people without hope for themselves, maybe, but hope for the future. eg: "I know I'm hosed but I hope the next generation has it better"

It's a nice sentiment, but I often think it's used to abdicate the responsibility of the current generation.

I'm also hopeful for the next generation, for what it's worth. I'm just not optimistic about their situation.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

I'm seein 4 arnolds

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Data Graham posted:

Think how much prosperity could be brought instead by BIBLES

Assuming nobody actually reads them, because this jesus fella lives in a commune with a whole bunch of men and no women and they all share everything, and he also says that being rich or a banker is bad.

dochermes
Feb 5, 2024

by Fluffdaddy

Millennials - "The generation that didn't even try"

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

dochermes posted:

:allears:

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Quote-Unquote posted:

Assuming nobody actually reads them, because this jesus fella lives in a commune with a whole bunch of men and no women and they all share everything, and he also says that being rich or a banker is bad.

forgetting ‘bout our homegirl mary magdalene

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Nocheez posted:

Wow. Sure makes one think.

Mostly, "what the gently caress should I care about this?"

You should care about the Republicans possibly having one less seat in the House.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

dochermes posted:

Are you still going on about this

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
My dad recently gave me some pushback about things like the woke solar hoax fake

I think I literally said "dude, it's free power in the air. Do you not want power??" and could hear his diseased Fox brain short circuiting

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Are you still going on about this

I for one won't stand for this racism against millenials.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

TrashMammal posted:

forgetting ‘bout our homegirl mary magdalene

Thought this was the most metal marooned astronaut ever, for a moment
brb, off to write a silver-age scifi novel called MOONS OF THE SEVEN SUNS or something

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

wuffles posted:

Woke electricity

This is what I use exclusively to power my EV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

dochermes posted:

millennials are way too cowed and lazy to come up with a zinger like that. don’t you dare go trying to give ‘em credit for “ok boomers”