Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I liked the part where the glass shattered then the Goldust glass shattered then pyro filled the arena and A1 came out to Tony's increasing confusion and annoyance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

beepo posted:

For Mancow, that is basically true. Guys the Podcast with Bryan Quinby has goofed on him pretty heavily but it is rarely Mancow's old radio show from his "peak" back in the day because it seems no one really cared to save it (aside from a few clips released on CD). It's too bad because Mancow is an all-time bullshitter and probably said some really crazy things back then.

I am actually kinda shocked about that, with how much of classic loveline is still out there, coast to coast, and other esoteric fringe ephemera, I woulda thought someone would be recording these shock jocks

Like, I don’t expect there to be a big archive of Glenn Beck back when he was a regional morning zoo crew radio DJ, but mancow was national, wasn’t he?

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.

rotinaj posted:

I am actually kinda shocked about that, with how much of classic loveline is still out there, coast to coast, and other esoteric fringe ephemera, I woulda thought someone would be recording these shock jocks

Like, I don’t expect there to be a big archive of Glenn Beck back when he was a regional morning zoo crew radio DJ, but mancow was national, wasn’t he?

Mancow was in this weird situation where he was big in Radio but only really in Chicago, and for a short amount of time. If the station he was on at the time was quite popular that would certainly help. Stern was in Chicago and iirc he got beat pretty bad by Mancow, which is insane to think about. He was in this weird place in time and history where he was very popular in a region but seemingly no one truly cared. Creature comfort type poo poo.

I was watching old Bourdain episodes where he visited Chicago and had Mancow on for a bit and I never saw him have such distain for a person that wasn't like Kissinger.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

rotinaj posted:

Mancow had syndication but I don't think he had strong stations outside of the Midwest and the Bay Area when he got back in there. Coast to Coast was on 500 stations with over 10 million listeners and was #1 in late night. Mancow was a distant #3 or #4 in shock jocks let alone all of day time radio. I think he's said he was on 250 stations but with how Mancow lies it might not be that many.

Loveline was just way more popular and Coast to Coast had the benefit of not only pushing tapes of broadcasts but frequently rebroadcasting big shows afterwards (and still to this day playing old Art Bell on weekends.)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Utterly bewildered by Bryan's weird-rear end argument on WOL today, where he was simultaneously at pains to point out that he thought the Cody/Roman angle was stupid but also that he didn't understand why fans were complaining since WWE appeared to have changed the initial story and therefore the fans... shouldn't complain?

Sempervive did actually call him out on it, but being Sempervive, he did it in a way that didn't make much sense. I regularly agree with Bryan's takes even if he expresses him in weird ways, but I could not understand what his actual argument was here which is usually the domain of his co-host.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Bryan was comparing last year's WrestleMania (which he believes Vince McMahon interfered with) to this year's WrestleMania (which he believes the Rock interfered with) and insists that sticking to the original plan for both years (Cody beating Roman) was what Leavesque wanted to do the whole time, and would give WWE booking a lot of goodwill it sorely lacks right now.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Worded like that, it seems reasonable! I was so confused by the way he was making his argument, it sounded like he was saying that simply because they made a change nobody should be complaining anymore.

johncraig
Jul 26, 2023
he made the point very clearly imo

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Guess it was just a me problem then, not a Bryan one!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

willingly listening to WOL is definitely a You problem

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Some of us don't have YouTube money!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
lol I think deadlock is finally affecting the algorithm. I just got recommended robo JR doing a cover of my way by limp bizkit

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Jerusalem posted:

Guess it was just a me problem then, not a Bryan one!

I also thought Bryan was being weirdly fired up but he gets that way with “the chat” sometime I wish they would just not have a live chat in front of him. A more wrong take he had was that there’s nothing zany about the baron corbin/bronn breaker team which started with grown men just suddenly realizing they’re “both a-holes” and then bronn wanted them to be called “The Wolfdogs”.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bryan's McDonalds Playground story about getting stuck in Mayor McCheese's hat is :discourse:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
wasnt mayor mccheese the one with the mouth-jail bars things

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

graph posted:

wasnt mayor mccheese the one with the mouth-jail bars things

THAT WAS OFFICER BIG MAC FOR GOD'S SAKE! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

the Lore of McDonaldland

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
IT FINALLY HAPPENED

https://twitter.com/thechrisdenker/status/1758672879854772515

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
And all this time I thought Johnny was this cartoon.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/s/OGcAVcu40P

Can't copy paste the text but Dave had three blunders in like 24 hours. The Mexico stuff was sourced to him just listening to Konnan who was bullshitting and doing Konnan things but the other two are unknown, the theory being in the Triple H one being he saw it posted on twitter as a joke and took it literally.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Dave needs to take a break. Maybe go on a nice little vacation with Jericho

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Also said that a Stardom wrestler was the Ice Ribbon champion?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Jerusalem posted:

Bryan's McDonalds Playground story about getting stuck in Mayor McCheese's hat is :discourse:

i tuned in halfway through and boy did they bullshit about random stuff for a very long time. not a bad listen tbh

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Lid posted:

Also said that a Stardom wrestler was the Ice Ribbon champion?

No

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

The AAA/CMLL stuff is nothing new, he just hosed up by saying 'appearing' instead of 'wrestling'. Our very own Pylons, or perhaps someone with the same internet handle, asked about it on X.com and Dave clarified.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Quoting from reddit

quote:

Almost certainly.

>Giulia won the World of Stardom title in December 2022. Harada booked her in a March 2023 title defense against Yukihi. She said she didn’t want that match saying that because the two had serious previous issues from their Ice Ribbon days, she didn’t want the match. **She complained she couldn’t trust her** and that if the World of Stardom title is supposed to be the top championship in women’s wrestling, shouldn’t she defend against a top contender and not someone from another company because of a grudge match. The 3/4 match ended in a double count out because **Yukihi was the Ice Ribbon champion and thus her promotion wouldn’t allow her to lose.**

Yukihi was a freelancer and hadn't been world champion for Ice Ribbon for more than two years.

The idea that Giulia thought Yukihi wasn't trustworthy is scandalous, especially in the world of joshi wrestling. The idea that she isn't a top contender anywhere she goes is absurd. Somebody was grinding an axe.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Maya Yuhiki is not a Stardom wrestler. He got the reason for the no contest wrong given that she wasn't the current IR champion, but the fact that it was a no contest to begin with likely stemmed from Ice Ribbon drama and Maya not wanting to do the J-O-B to Giulia

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
A minor error like that isn't ideal but like, whatever. Dave has hosed up some Stardom stories really badly in the last few years but this is whatever.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
It was the least bad of his 4 mistakes today for sure

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Finally, Dave Meltzer is canceled.

https://twitter.com/davescherer/status/1758859662324011091

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Man, whoever that is sure showed Meltz who the boss is.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
Not Dave Scherer from PWInsider! Whatever will Meltzer do!

He lost Dave from PWInsider! The guy who can't even bother writing his own articles!

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
When you lose Dave Scherer, it's over. That's what I always say.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Meltzer fumbling the bag yet again smdh wrap it up WOLailures

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Scherin the hoes

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

You can tell this is fake because it's using a WO email and not Dave's dad's Juno email account

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

oh yay another scoopster slapfight

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Meltz is not acknowledging that dweeb

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol dave will clap back at someone with random letters and numbers for a name, no avatar and zero followers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
lmao that guy revealing he follows Meltzer Said What by setting that tweet to follows only