Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChthonicMasturbatr
Sep 29, 2021

born on a mountain
live in a cave
hugging and tugging
is all that i crave
I carbonate water in 2L bottles from a big tank of CO2 and mix custom flavors for them :smug:

E christ, what a snipe
Getting shittier: sourcing those flavors. Gonna start growing my own lemon balm this year, though, which is one of my favorites to use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

my life improved massively when i stopped drinking and improved my sleep. most people sleep like poo poo, even if they get 8 hrs, due to various habitual/recreational intoxicants. its the easiest life improvement hack in the world. quality sleep is the first step to improving your life and it works almost every time (see a dr if it doesnt)

i've had terrible sleep all my life, long before i started getting high

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

forgot to includ epeople having hella apneas on that list and doing nothing about it

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

water is so freaking good

Water and peach tea

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

ChthonicMasturbatr posted:

I carbonate water in 2L bottles from a big tank of CO2 and mix custom flavors for them :smug:

E christ, what a snipe
Getting shittier: sourcing those flavors. Gonna start growing my own lemon balm this year, though, which is one of my favorites to use.

This sounds like so much work.

ChthonicMasturbatr
Sep 29, 2021

born on a mountain
live in a cave
hugging and tugging
is all that i crave

kiwid posted:

This sounds like so much work.

It's super easy. Screw the bottle into the adapter, open valve, shake it a bit, detach, and pour into glass with flavor (or none). Bottle goes back into the fridge with five or six more glasses worth before it needs refilling and carbonating again. Beats the hell out of dragging cases of cans home from the store. Way less expensive than store brand, too.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I bought a case of Celsius from Costco, that poo poo slaps hard.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

It's super easy. Screw the bottle into the adapter, open valve, shake it a bit, detach, and pour into glass with flavor (or none). Bottle goes back into the fridge with five or six more glasses worth before it needs refilling and carbonating again. Beats the hell out of dragging cases of cans home from the store. Way less expensive than store brand, too.

I pour water from the tap into a glass and then drink it

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

steinrokkan posted:

unbelievably fail

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Or, get an AGA or Wassermaxx carbonator, there’s a few non-SodaStream options. I’ve saved a ton on individual seltzer bottles and cans with my AGA, even for the initial up front cost and CO2 cartridges. Real seltzerhead poo poo.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

steinrokkan posted:

I miss living in a place where the tap water isn't tinted slightly green.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

gotta filter it and have with ice

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

forgot to includ epeople having hella apneas on that list and doing nothing about it

i did something about it and did a sleep study and got a machine and everything. then i used it for like 2 months and decided i'd rather die peacefully in my sleep than wear that annoying, uncomfortable, mouthdrying, Darth Vader rear end thing ever again

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I fall asleep listening to boring BBC Radio programs from the 1960’s-1990’s

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

my life improved massively when i stopped drinking and improved my sleep. most people sleep like poo poo, even if they get 8 hrs, due to various habitual/recreational intoxicants. its the easiest life improvement hack in the world. quality sleep is the first step to improving your life and it works almost every time (see a dr if it doesnt)

life hack: start by drinking a gently caress ton, then you can simply reduce your drinking and get better sleep

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

water is so freaking good

enjoy it while you can pal

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

motherfucker. god’s perfect trail runner, the saucony switchback 2, has been discontinued

rip to a real one

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Bouillon Rube posted:

enjoy it while you can pal

it's the most pletniful compound in the universe op

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

and perfectly ripe for some good ol' fashioned capitalism/wars

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Followed closely by the microplastics suspended within it.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

bradzilla posted:

gotta filter it and have with ice

People who drink room temp water are literally psychopaths. Just keep a filtered pitcher in the fridge, problem solved.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

steinrokkan posted:

I like taking room temperature bottled or canned beverages and pouring them into a cup filled with ice and then drinking out of a straw

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

I've slept lovely since I was a little child. I was very anxious and didn't sleep with my light off until I was 13. I'm sure that's one of the reasons my circadian rhythm is all hosed up. I've done 3 sleep studies and got put on a CPAP like 9 years ago. The woman who came over to set it up for me was like "Uh... you're Pennywise?" because I was like 185lbs and the setting was really high so she figured I'd be an absolute unit since obesity is what causes most apnea.

At least I'm growing into the obesity part now.

The mask is annoying but I do tend to use it more often than not. I sleep "violently" so sometimes I get the hose wrapped around my neck at night.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Pennywise the Frown posted:

. The woman who came over to set it up for me was like "Uh... you're Pennywise?" .

Wow even the doctors office is concerned about your gooning

one day I'll have that kind of user name recognition

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

TotalLossBrain posted:

Wow even the doctors office is concerned about your gooning

one day I'll have that kind of user name recognition

It's an official diagnosis on my chart. :(

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I sleep "violently" so sometimes I get the hose wrapped around my neck at night.

drat that sounds awful

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

StormDrain posted:

I bought a case of Celsius from Costco, that poo poo slaps hard.
Zoa is better

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

big mean giraffe posted:

People who drink room temp water are literally psychopaths. Just keep a filtered pitcher in the fridge, problem solved.

youre going to hate almost everywhere outside of the united states

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Warm water good for healthy as they say outside the US for some reason.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Wendigee posted:

Warm water good for healthy as they say outside the US for some reason.

don’t wanna drink that cold water. that’s how you end up in the chat thread asking for medical advice

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

big mean giraffe posted:

It's fine. Stop inventing things to get mad about.

* I live somewhere with relatively cool ground water. I've had people in Texas tell me stories about 80 degree tap water so I get it there.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

TrashMammal posted:

don’t wanna drink that cold water. that’s how you end up in the chat thread asking for medical advice

I drink icy cold water every day. I love my ice machine and water dispenser built into my fridge with a filter.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

wash bucket posted:

* I live somewhere with relatively cool ground water. I've had people in Texas tell me stories about 80 degree tap water so I get it there.

tbh you can get this from any lovely apartment in California during the summer.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I like room temp water because it's easier to chug down a lot of after a day in sweltering dehydrating heat stroke heat

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

wash bucket posted:

Texans gonna Texan, I'm in Florida and our tap water is never above 72. I don't know how incredibly bad you'd have to gently caress up to get 80 degree tap water, but I have absolute confidence a Texan could figure it out.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

deep dish peat moss posted:

I like room temp water because it's easier to chug down a lot of after a day in sweltering dehydrating heat stroke heat

Same. I can't drink ice water on a hot day outside because my throat seizes up.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Colder water reduces the taste of chemicals and contaminants, which is unironically why so many people hate room temp water. Some cities have great water, but huge swaths have to deal with strong sulfur, chlorine, or other fun tastes and smells

cwinkle
Mar 7, 2008

poo poo Fuckasaurus posted:

Texans gonna Texan, I'm in Florida and our tap water is never above 72. I don't know how incredibly bad you'd have to gently caress up to get 80 degree tap water, but I have absolute confidence a Texan could figure it out.

I get up to pee once a night. After doing my business and washing my hands sometimes I cup my hand under the sink faucet and just chug water cup by cup. Initially the water will be room temperature but if you let it run long enough it comes out cooler. I call it "getting an outside line" like dialing 9 on a switchboard telephone.

I'm not saying it is like 58 degrees like from a cave but I think the water lines are underground enough even in the summer where there is a noticeable difference in temperarature from whatever is sitting there in my house's pipes.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Cybertruck Owners Say They're Already Rusting posted:

One Cybertruck Owners Club forum member says they started noticing small orange flecks appearing on his truck after driving it in the rain for just two days.
"To prevent damage to the exterior, immediately remove corrosive substances (such as grease, oil, bird droppings, tree resin, dead insects, tar spots, road salt, industrial fallout, etc.)," the company's documentation reads. "Do not wait until Cybertruck is due for a complete wash."

In case you were wondering if your cybertruck was going to be shittier for no good reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Outrail posted:

In case you were wondering if your cybertruck was going to be shittier for no good reason.

Who would win:

Literally 100+ years of industry know-how on rustproofing and protecting steel car bodies

Assuming stainless steel won't rust because it's stainless, right? :haw: