Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I thought the girl turtle was named Jennifer? The yellow one who was gay with the pig girl, right? I read some of those comics, she was cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Gripweed posted:

What happened in the mid 90s that made your mom finally learn their names?

Me being upset she didn't know them. Seriously, if you really want to piss off a kid under the age of ten, say the name of their toys wrong.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Air Skwirl posted:

Are you my mom in the early 90s?

lol but also no unless your mom was way too into anime

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I am into anime the normal amount.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Gripweed posted:

I am into anime the normal amount.

Ah. A confirmed pervert.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

The first Bay-produced turtles movie is good if only by virtue of the Gob bluth gag in the middle

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Air Skwirl posted:

It is genuinely upsetting to me that you don't know the names of the ninja turtles. I haven't seen the Bay movies and I'll take your word they aren't great, but do they not teach this in school anymore? I'm having flashbacks to being 7 and getting upset at my parents for putting the wrong color bandana on my birthday cake.

What color did she use?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

ruddiger posted:

What color did she use?

I don't actually remember specifics, I just remember being upset they didn't know which bandana matched which turtle. Michelangelo was my favorite so probably it was a blue or purple bandana with an M on the belt.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

ruddiger posted:

Napoleon (2023, d. Scott)

Obviously the sexy mouse is based on someone but it doesn't immediately come to mind who.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Air Skwirl posted:

Michelangelo was my favorite

Correct

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Obviously the sexy mouse is based on someone but it doesn't immediately come to mind who.

The famous sexy mouse from history

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Gripweed posted:

The famous sexy mouse from history

Oh? You know a lot of those?

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
”Jet aime”???? That mouse is a fraud!

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Air Skwirl posted:

It's so hosed up they named the girl turtle after a topless statue and not a female artist. Like I'm sure I would know who Leonardo Da Vinci was without the turtles, and probably Michelangelo, but I doubt I could have named the other two if there wasn't a ninja turtle named after them, and there were a bunch of female renaissance painters.

Sigh...

I'm gonna do this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HZ5V9rT96M

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose

Gripweed posted:

I thought the girl turtle was named Jennifer? The yellow one who was gay with the pig girl, right? I read some of those comics, she was cool.

Is this lack of turtle name knowledge after watching 3 of their films a bit?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

checkplease posted:

Just typical goon cgi turtle face blindness

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

checkplease posted:

The girl Turtle wasn’t in any of the movies I watched! She was in the comics I read like three years ago! If anything it’s impressive that I remembered that she was the yellow one and was gay with the pig girl.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
What

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

what part of the girl turtle who was the yellow one and gay with the pig girl don't you understand?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Gripweed posted:

what part of the girl turtle who was the yellow one and gay with the pig girl don't you understand?

All of it

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I don’t like tmnt. Neca makes too many of those toys and probably won’t make more cool poo poo because it doesn’t sell as well as those drat turtles

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

I don’t like tmnt. Neca makes too many of those toys and probably won’t make more cool poo poo because it doesn’t sell as well as those drat turtles

Are these hypothetical toys as cool as a turtle that's also a mutant teenage ninja?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

CelticPredator posted:

Every month some company comes out with a new set of action figures of the four Turtles that are basically identical to the other hundred sets currently available, and yet there is not a single piece of merchandise for the best character in the whole drat franchise; unnamed bat girl drinking by herself at the show

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Raphael - the red one
Leonardo - the red one
Donatello - the red one
Michaelangelo - the red one

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
a little too raph...

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
I think the purple one was gay

Why were sewer turtles named by some Japanese rat after the Italian Masters. I have never seen much of Ninja Turtles

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Feb 14, 2024

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Gripweed posted:

I hate her with my life, she does not leave the lizard alone. But seriously, I appreciate the After the Bomb reference.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Clearly everyone needs to go watch 1990 ninja turtle movie again.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The Peccadillo posted:

I think the purple one was gay

Why were sewer turtles named by some Japanese rat after the Italian Masters. I have never seen much of Ninja Turtles

In the live action movies they were named by April O'Neil as a child because they were part of her dad's experiment called "Project Renaissance". I don't remember if Mutant Mayhem gave an explanation. But in neither of them was Splinter Japanese. In the live action ones he was a lab rat and in MM he was a standard New York street rat

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Leonardo - gets his hand chopped off
Donatello - gets paralyzed and becomes a cyborg
Raphael - gets half his face burned off and joins the foot clan
Michaelangelo - fall in love with a spikey alien

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The girl turtle was only in the live-action show that everyone's done their best to memory hole, though it did get a crossover with Power Rangers In Space.

TMNT is like Transformers in that it never actually stopped, there's almost always been some incarnation of it running nonstop since the 90s, and they all do things a bit differently and shuffle around the character relationships, some shows mix things up more than others in different ways.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

I need a fast reply for a debate "If someone asked you to name James Cameron’s most notable movie what would you say"

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Fat Lou posted:

I need a fast reply for a debate "If someone asked you to name James Cameron’s most notable movie what would you say"

Terminator 2

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Fat Lou posted:

Escape from New York

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Air Skwirl posted:

Are these hypothetical toys as cool as a turtle that's also a mutant teenage ninja?

They are very real and people go crazy for them

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Air Skwirl posted:

Me being upset she didn't know them. Seriously, if you really want to piss off a kid under the age of ten, say the name of their toys wrong.

This works remarkably well with Ninja Go, TMNT's spiritual successor.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Just finished Oppenheimer and kinda wish this played over the closing credits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zzwj3iy88gs

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Air Skwirl posted:

Lol they are literally colour coded and have monogrammed belt buckles, your mom was a dumbass

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Oooooh, it's ON!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Fat Lou posted: