Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Republicans Losing Big in Special Elections in an Election Year is Actually Bad for Joe Biden, One Weird Trick to Find Out How!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

lolololol

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

PhazonLink posted:

going from the bad parents thread, they're going to burn through their retirement fun money, and then come back and order ask you to take take of them and be super nova angry if you dont

is there really a bad parents thread?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Strong Sauce posted:

*estranged parents

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Strong Sauce posted:

yeah, it’s a good one

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
Call me incredibly cynical, but something about the Republicans banging the drum about border security, and then having the candidate for this special election being a non-white immigrant seems - oh, how to put it in a politically correct way - incoherent?

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
Trump is probably not wrong in his ability to correctly pick primary winners but that's his real problem You can win primaries with Trump but you can't win the general election with him which is why he will never be anywhere close to honest about his true numbers in the general election they are piss poor terrible

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

This would be an excellent candidate for that boy that took his tweets and put them on White House letterhead.

SonOfGhostDad
Nov 16, 2022
i turmped myself today
to see if i still lol
i focus on the tan
the only thing that's real

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Strong Sauce posted:

You're in one

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Samovar posted:

Call me incredibly cynical, but something about the Republicans banging the drum about border security, and then having the candidate for this special election being a non-white immigrant seems - oh, how to put it in a politically correct way - incoherent?

You know how in the NFL all the players all have a play they're trying to run - and everyone is coordinated and running that play on time and working together?

And then in little league the kids just chase the ball around in a horde like idiots?

Well the little league team would loving smoke the RNC. Also the RNC doesn't have mouth guards, helmets or pads because Coach Trump embezzled all the money.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

vaginite posted:

And then in little league the kids just chase the ball around in a horde like idiots?

Sure the 49ers lost but this is a little harsh

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Vampire Panties posted:

Mikey Johnson is one of the lunatics though

:lol: what the gently caress is a House member going to do about NYs cashless bail

Lie.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

the RNC are all cheerleaders being paid off by the coach for assault and those kids are in danger

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Seth Pecksniff posted:

If it worked there's a possibility that November's gonna go way worse for Rs than expected

I'm hoping for a red wave of Republican losses

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

just gotta lol, and lmao. There is always the question of when are these psychopath freaks gonna lose cohesion and truly crumble. To say they arent team players is a massive understatement

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Vaxxed?!

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

https://twitter.com/githii/status/1757500612143407501
Video: "The deputy misinterpreted the sound of an acorn striking the patrol vehicle as a gunshot."

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Hey guys? The canary just died.....

Eh! ...it's probably nothing.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Finally, something to be proud of Nassau County for that isn’t “not being Suffolk”. Real weird waking up today reading about Suozzi’s win in Swedish but I can’t complain.

PhazonLink posted:

going from the bad parents thread, they're going to burn through their retirement fun money, and then come back and order ask you to take take of them and be super nova angry if you dont

Real talk: be sure that you’re very familiar with your filial responsibility laws where you live. I know California Pennsylvania are bonkers about it.

I also wouldn’t be shocked if they try to expand that poo poo in the next decade or two. But then again, can’t get blood from a stone so good luck!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

kazil posted:

For reference, Santos lost Queens

I thought he had photos in drag

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Of course they are.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Strong Sauce posted:

Video: "The deputy misinterpreted the sound of an acorn striking the patrol vehicle as a gunshot."

Definity appropriate actions to shoot at your own patrol car with a guy handcuffed in the back because of an angry squirrel.

theghostpt
Sep 1, 2009

Strong Sauce posted:

The Great Pig vs Squirrel War of 2024
Casualties: 1 small dent on a patrol car; ego of 1 pig
Outcome: Decisive squirrel victory

Great discipline showcase here, doesn't see a target nor understands what happened so just shoots at random :doh:

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
I wonder if Trump demands that all of his electronic devices default to caps lock unless being explicitly told to turn it off

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Strong Sauce posted:

Things wrong with this bloke:

He hears the ding of a nut hitting metal,(?) in a leafy suburb, and immediately jumps to "shots fired"

Then without waiting for a second shot, or looking around to see where the shot might have come from, he unloads all of his bullets into his own empty car.

Before shooting at his own car, he falls down in a way I guarantee he thinks is a "tactical dive", but is him falling down.

He yells "I'm hit" at some stage. Maybe he caught a ricohet, but I doubt it.

And the nice suburbanites , (all of whom could quite easily have been shot dead by this coward), do the right thing by telling him to get down, and asking if he is OK.

This bloke is not cut out for law enforcement. Especially in the leafy tree lined nice neignbourhood he is currently stationed.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

One point of clarification, there was someone in the car who he believed to have a gun. They are uninjured and most assuredly getting the charges dropped for whatever they're accused of.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Nelson Mandingo posted:

One point of clarification, there was someone in the car who he believed to have a gun. They are uninjured and most assuredly getting the charges dropped for whatever they're accused of.

Oh, that makes everything he did justified and righteous then. Silly me for thinking otherwise.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

BrigadierSensible posted:

Oh, that makes everything he did justified and righteous then. Silly me for thinking otherwise.

No it makes him even stupider, because presumably he put that person there without doing the whole "for your safety and mine" shpiel. Or else he did follow that procedure which means he used a squirrel as an excuse to try (and laughably fail) to murder an unarmed person.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Now republicans can only have 2 defections

The republicans can have a little defection, as a threat.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

How big was that loving acorn?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

it was actually ACORN, Obama's antifa front

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

*engine makes pinging noise as it cools down*
"SHOTS FIRED SHOTS FIRED!" *blam blam blam blam blam blam* [reload] *blam blam blam blam blam blam*

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Stoatbringer posted:

*engine makes pinging noise as it cools down*
"SHOTS FIRED SHOTS FIRED!" *blam blam blam blam blam blam* [reload] *blam blam blam blam blam blam*
Welcome to the force!! Donuts in the break room

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

Here's the report: https://www.sheriff-okaloosa.org/wp-content/uploads/2024/02/IA-2023-031-Final-Report-Jackson.pdf
Here's the full footage of the bodycams, first one is from the sergeant, 2nd one is from deputy hernandez, the guy who thought he had been shot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVNnxr2SGFg

What happened was they were responding to a report of a stolen vehicle by a woman, Lopez, from a man, Jackson. She said she let Jackson borrow the car but he refused to return it. He also had left threatening messages to her, including a picture of a "suppressor" (not the gun) in her vehicle.

Jackson returns on foot, they put him in handcuffs and he doesn't fight back but he doesn't talk to them either. He claims the car is with Lopez's mom. But it turns out he's lying.

They cuff him and put him in that car. The Sergeant (the woman with the body cam in the video) tells two deputies, including Hernandez to search Jackson. Hernandez does a standard pat-down.

The Sergeant then asks if Jackson owns a suppressor. Jackson said he did. They cannot find the gun he owns, which the victim says he always carried on him. Two other deputies leave to try and find her vehicle. They eventually do find it a couple miles away. They start preparing to take the guy to the station and have the victim file a complaint. Hernandez then says he'll do a full search. And the clip above is what you see after he puts on gloves and walks over to the car.

Mind you he is handcuffed, and they've already did a basic patdown on him...

Anyways, the acorn falls on his car, and he says his legs immediately gave out, thus he thought that he had been shot. But basically what happened was he thought he was shot so his legs gave out on him.

Edit:

quote:

Deputy Jesse Hernandez
1. The facts and evidence show Deputy Jesse Hernandez's use of deadly force against Mr.
Jackson was not objectively reasonable. OCSO General Order 11.03, Section E,
Paragraph 35, Excessive Use of Control to Resistance is SUSTAINED

Strong Sauce fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Feb 14, 2024

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Poor Hernandez, heard an acorn and died

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

For reference, if you can't figure out what he heard or where the acorn is.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Strong Sauce posted:

Here's the report: https://www.sheriff-okaloosa.org/wp-content/uploads/2024/02/IA-2023-031-Final-Report-Jackson.pdf
Here's the full footage of the bodycams, first one is from the sergeant, 2nd one is from deputy hernandez, the guy who thought he had been shot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVNnxr2SGFg

little known fact. If you employ the Rogers technique but with paper instead of flashlight, you get a papercut melee strike option for tactical superiority

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

dochermes posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Between NY03 and this, I had a bit of a LOL, thanks thread!

teen witch posted:

Finally, something to be proud of Nassau County for that isn’t “not being Suffolk”. Real weird waking up today reading about Suozzi’s win in Swedish but I can’t complain.

Real talk: be sure that you’re very familiar with your filial responsibility laws where you live. I know California Pennsylvania are bonkers about it.

I also wouldn’t be shocked if they try to expand that poo poo in the next decade or two. But then again, can’t get blood from a stone so good luck!

Super easy to dodge the filial piety laws when they boomer brain and turn into a bigot spigot so you ghost them and go no-contact--with receipts--so you can swing that around in court if they decide to follow through with a pity party.