Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Jet Jaguar posted:

Cop hears an acorn fall, hallucinates he's been shot, does an awkward somersault, magdumps into a parked car.

https://twitter.com/githii/status/1757500612143407501

"I feel weird, but I'm good." Understatement of the century, pig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I'm surprised the cop shot the white car when the black one was right there.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

wesleywillis posted:

I'm surprised the cop shot the white car when the black one was right there.

It had a handcuffed black man in it

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Jet Jaguar posted:

Cop hears an acorn fall, hallucinates he's been shot, does an awkward somersault, magdumps into a parked car.

He really just starts blasting toward a random civilian and a bunch of houses huh?

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

I'm speculating he's wearing those gloves in order not to get killed by accidentally touching fentanyl.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
NO SAFETY - SMOKE 'EM FIRST

Centrist Dad
Nov 13, 2007

When I see your posting
College Slice

Jet Jaguar posted:

"Argh, I'm hit!" oh the shame

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

So he's going to jail for shooting up a police car, and extra charges for endangering people while committing a crime, like when cops charge a robber with murder because the cops shot a child while he was handcuffed on the ground right

Right

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Centrist Dad posted:

"Argh, I'm hit!" oh the shame

Can't move my legs! Or breath through my nose! Or count like really really big numbers!

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/NksX0ZI.mp4

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
the man made his career on osha content, why should he stop now

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Surprising that enough fail/the base is expensive enough that they test them at bare wires instead of waiting for the full assembly.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Admiral Joeslop posted:

So he's going to jail for shooting up a police car, and extra charges for endangering people while committing a crime, like when cops charge a robber with murder because the cops shot a child while he was handcuffed on the ground right

Right

Of course not. The guy who was handcuffed in their car will be charged.

a tweet posted:

On November 12, 2023, an incident involving Okaloosa County Sheriff's deputies in Fort Walton Beach, Florida, led to the resignation of Deputy Jesse Hernandez following an officer-involved shooting.

Responding to a disturbance involving Marquis Jackson, accused of grand theft auto and making threats, deputies apprehended Jackson after the victim reported his possession of firearms and a silencer.

During the ongoing investigation, Hernandez mistakenly interpreted an acorn hitting the patrol car as a gunshot, resulting in both Hernandez and Sergeant Beth Roberts discharging their weapons into the vehicle with Jackson handcuffed inside.

No injuries were reported, and subsequent investigations judged Hernandez's response as not objectively reasonable, leading to his resignation, while Roberts was exonerated.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

... what's the issue?

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Foxfire_ posted:

Surprising that enough fail/the base is expensive enough that they test them at bare wires instead of waiting for the full assembly.

It's simpler this way

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTwxxEmgUuw

start from 21:07 (or from the beginning, it's all pretty OSHA)

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Jet Jaguar posted:

What acorn...? Where was the noise that could be mistaken for a gunshot....?

Oh... the car had a guy hand-cuffed inside...? and he was a black dude...? Oh.

:thunk:

Cable Guy fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Feb 14, 2024

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

Stoatbringer posted:

So many of the clips on things on YouTube like “Just Rolled In” are
“Customer complained of a slight rattle. Technician found that all brake rotors were rusted right through, brake pads down to the metal, only one lug nut on each wheel, front suspension was held together with spray foam, tyres were bulging ominously and the steering wheel comes off whenever you turn it to the left. Customer declined repairs and drove off onto the freeway.”

"Vehicle contained far higher than average amount of /r/toolgifs watermarks"

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Cable Guy posted:

What acorn...? Where was the noise that could be mistaken for a gunshot....?

Oh... the car had a guy hand-cuffed inside...? and he was a black dude...? Oh.

:thunk:

American cops are actually horses

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Deputy Marquis Jackson, what a waste of an awesome name.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Stoatbringer posted:

Customer declined repairs and drove off onto the freeway

Why on earth would they want to use something essential to avoid homelessness when all they need to do is agree to have that thing held for days at minimum and won't be released until an unplanned 4-5 digit bill is paid?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

It’s our friend, the cam & groove quick coupling.

Captain Invictus posted:

a box with these fellas, could not find what they were on the contitech site.

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.

Stoatbringer posted:

I don’t think “Your tyres are dangerous and need replacing” is strict.

Oh yeah it is, absolutely. Depending on the garage that performs the wof obviously, but take it to a reputable place and they don't gently caress around with tyres

Edit: misread your post. I agree, that was just a list of poo poo I've been denied a warrant for, some stricter than others.

I got denied once for a slightly faded seat belt, "fixed" it with a permanent marker. Another time because there was near imperceptible fuzz on the edges of the seat belt, fixed that with a lighter

klen dool fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Feb 14, 2024

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
https://twitter.com/okthisisnagy/status/1620562348170944512

quote:

Absolutely incredible, over torquing bolts on coolant pipes in a nuclear sub reactor and then supergluing the sheared off heads back on

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

:stare: Jesus loving christ.

LookieLoo
Feb 10, 2011

What's the worst that could happen? She'll be right

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

... what's the issue?

Probably all the metal shavings with no PPE, and actively poking at a rotating piece of machinery while in use.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
it goes underwater, how much coolant could it truly need

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Non Compos Mentis posted:

it goes underwater, how much coolant could it truly need

Well, being that its the spicy coolant loop.....

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

LookieLoo posted:

What's the worst that could happen? She'll be right

She nearly sank past crush depth later that year because of a broken gauge

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

I only know Babcock from loving up an air medical services contract, turns out they can do multiple things

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Explosionface posted:

No inspections of any sort in Kansas unless you buy a used car from another state, and that's just a case of taking it to the local PD and paying :20bux: to make sure it's not stolen.

The bitch is the sales tax on cars. Kansas is getting theirs regardless of where you buy it.

Maryland was like this back in the 90s. Bought a new van in Ohio (so already paid sales tax), drove it to Maryland where I was stationed. Went to register it and it was going to cost me whatever registration was, plus over $1,000 in sales tax.

I drove it back to Ohio and registered it there.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Xakura posted:

I only know Babcock from loving up an air medical services contract, turns out they can do multiple things

Did they glue you back together?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

... what's the issue?

The stuff coming off the drill is called swarf. Metal swarf is incredibly thin strips which, by their nature, are also razor sharp.

So, what we have in that clip, is countless pieces of razor sharp swarf, spinning very fast next to Adam Savage's bare arms.

It's not something that's going to rip huge chunks of skin off. It's just going to really hurt. Imagine five hundred paper cuts in the space of half a second.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Megillah Gorilla posted:

The stuff coming off the drill is called swarf. Metal swarf is incredibly thin strips which, by their nature, are also razor sharp.

So, what we have in that clip, is countless pieces of razor sharp swarf, spinning very fast next to Adam Savage's bare arms.

It's not something that's going to rip huge chunks of skin off. It's just going to really hurt. Imagine five hundred paper cuts in the space of half a second.

Also swarf tends to have tons of metal splinters that it'll leave behind in your skin and if you thought a normal splinter was bad....metal splinters are even worse.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
That could be delrin or another plastic. Savage uses that stuff in his lathe pretty often.

Still not a good idea to get close to it while running though.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

the man made his career on osha content, why should he stop now

Some of the best mythbusters builds were when they had to yell "Decapitation hazard!" before turning the thing on.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I think thats just thick acrylic.

Still though the man has the safety tendencies of a machinist apprentic in the 1920s and should not be trusted

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LookieLoo
Feb 10, 2011

Fumble posted:

She nearly sank past crush depth later that year because of a broken gauge

Didn't even sink!