Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

LeeMajors posted:

His tactical roll had me dying until I realized he shot a handcuffed, detained dude to pieces all because he’s afraid of acorns.

Good news, he didn't hit anyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

LeeMajors posted:

His tactical roll had me dying until I realized he shot a handcuffed, detained dude to pieces all because he’s afraid of acorns.

The good news is that because of severe incompetence, not a single bullet hit the guy.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Wait did the other cop kill the guy? They were going on about “no motion in the car” and she was exonerated for use of deadly force?

If not I’m very thankful that I can find it funny again.

What a high speed operator either way.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I think it still counts as deadly force even if you miss just because you're shooting at someone. The story said he wasn't hit, I presume that includes the sergeant

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Article states twice that absolutely nobody was injured

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

LeeMajors posted:

Wait did the other cop kill the guy? They were going on about “no motion in the car” and she was exonerated for use of deadly force?

If not I’m very thankful that I can find it funny again.

What a high speed operator either way.

Yeah, no one was injured. Guy in the car got lucky no bullets hit him. I would probably have laid perfectly still until someone dragged me out of the car in that situation too considering they guy inside had no clue what was happening. I also am fine with her getting exonerated too. Obviously cops are way too quick to open fire on anything (in this case an acorn) but if I was doing my thing and my partner screamed they were under fire, hit by fire and shooting like a maniac, I don't think returning fire is a completely unreasonable thing to do.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
This deputy is the type of guy that would definitely think he was acid proof ala Rick and Morty

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Dango Bango posted:

Getting away with calling that an "officer involved shooting" :rolleyes:

Who else did it involve?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

General Dog posted:

Who else did it involve?

The squirrel who dropped the acorn

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

General Dog posted:

Who else did it involve?

The ghost of Isaac Newton

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

swickles posted:

Yeah, no one was injured. Guy in the car got lucky no bullets hit him. I would probably have laid perfectly still until someone dragged me out of the car in that situation too considering they guy inside had no clue what was happening. I also am fine with her getting exonerated too. Obviously cops are way too quick to open fire on anything (in this case an acorn) but if I was doing my thing and my partner screamed they were under fire, hit by fire and shooting like a maniac, I don't think returning fire is a completely unreasonable thing to do.

I kind of have a problem with it because she doesn't even know who she should be firing at. They just start unloading without even identifying a shooter. It's completely reckless.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Pron on VHS posted:

I don’t go into work anymore and forgot that my company gives me a monthly subway stipend

no wonder the metro keeps threatening service cuts

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

General Dog posted:

Who else did it involve?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Canned Sunshine posted:

Woah woah woah, let's not get crazy here.

My dad is a giant POS, and is basically this; he's constantly trying to bring up Newsmax talking points to get me to argue with him. Most recently he told me that Chicago had 7 or 8 million illegal immigrants from the border or something, and asked me what I thought about it, and I said that it sounds like Chicago was finally larger than LA.

I love this talking point! I grew up going to school with the children of both legal and illegal immigrants. So I always just say "that means there's more engineers, lawyers, and doctors in our future"

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Pedro Pascal gonna be Mr. Fantastic in the MCU. Odd choice but will watch him in anything.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

swickles posted:

Pedro Pascal gonna be Mr. Fantastic in the MCU. Odd choice but will watch him in anything.

He pulled off Gritty Mario, he can do anything.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I can’t seem to get a good pic or video but we’re sitting at the pool and kept hearing this popping noise. Finally realized it was two whales out in the water slapping their tales on the surface at each other. So cool.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I love this talking point! I grew up going to school with the children of both legal and illegal immigrants. So I always just say "that means there's more engineers, lawyers, and doctors in our future"

Exactly! Plus I love being exposed to other cultures, so to me, any type of immigrant coming to the US, further enriches the country.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Canned Sunshine posted:

Exactly! Plus I love being exposed to other cultures, so to me, any type of immigrant coming to the US, further enriches the country.

I, for one, look forward to the further expansion of our nation's cuisine and waistlines.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Amy Pole Her posted:

Article states twice that absolutely nobody was injured

Yeah I read the article at like 4am and somehow overlooked it. I replied after watching the video and thought he had to be dead—and just sort of connected with the “reasonable use of deadly force” line.

That’s also very embarrassing for two cops to magdump on a handcuffed, stationary target and miss completely.

What a clusterfuck.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
KC City official reporting 8-10 inured

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

That’s a lot of nuts!

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
ABC saying one person has died in the shooting.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

I just saw the news. What the gently caress.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Canned Sunshine posted:

I just saw the news. What the gently caress.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Local mall, Palm Beach Gardens, had a shootout between two “large groups of young men”

Over 200 cars and 2 choppers were called in.

All in the same day. My word

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Your guyses country is fuckin' up man.

Fix it.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

BlindSite posted:

Fix it.

lol

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

It’s my day off

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

BlindSite posted:

Fix it.

we have port arthur massacres on the regular and shrug our shoulders

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

BlindSite posted:

Fix it.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
edit: butts.

Abugadu fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Feb 14, 2024

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I will implement the wise policies of the Tokugawa Shogunate and purge this land of the European taint of gunpowder.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Had to take a mental health day today. For reference 4 people have resigned at my place of work in the last two weeks. At least the team and boss at work were supportive and fine with it. Wish even my football news wasn't such a downer today.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

JPrime posted:

we have port arthur massacres on the regular and shrug our shoulders

Look, personal gun rights are 16 235 years old and cannot be abridged!!!!!!

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
I get annoyed by gun humping bumper stickers since the US constitution was made effective in 1789, not 1776 :argh:

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

LeeMajors posted:

Look, personal gun rights are 16 235 years old and cannot be abridged!!!!!!

The SCOTUS loves originalism; let’s only allow guns if they’re the type used when the 2nd Amendment was written.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
If you want true originalism, the Constitution never actually says anything about judicial review sooooooo

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Rectal Placenta posted:

I get annoyed by gun humping bumper stickers since the US constitution was made effective in 1789, not 1776 :argh:

History isn’t their strength. Or reading. Or understanding, for that matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Canned Sunshine posted:

The SCOTUS loves originalism; let’s only allow guns if they’re the type used when the 2nd Amendment was written.

For home defense, your best option really is a blunderbuss