Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

RockWhisperer posted:

I love how we’re careening towards another shutdown, and the house decided to spend a day with MTG at the helm. :lol:

We’re never going to have a FY24 budget, are we?

It'll be either a series of CRs or one that goes to Sept. 30

They have to start working on FY25 like ASAP and they're not even done with FY24

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

The Economist doesn’t even let you browse their front page, even that is paywalled.

That poo poo is just being inflammatory for clicks :lol:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1757803920573780106

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

RockWhisperer posted:

I love how we’re careening towards another shutdown, and the house decided to spend a day with MTG at the helm. :lol:

We're probably never getting an FY24 budget, and at this point I'm skeptical that we will ever go into shutdown. I think by this point they have completely shown their hand and these deadlines are total bluffs. It was effective during the Obama administration to generate "economic anxiety" with an endless series of fiscal cliffs, but somehow it isn't landing when the President is a white guy. Nobody knows why.

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I swear to God Trump thread if you bite

LMAO

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

RockWhisperer posted:

I would not be shocked by how bad things are going if the government actually shuts down this time. Trump has given his marching orders no deals going forward so that they crash the economy and create a crisis at the border so he can run on it. Lets not pretend they won't make moves that hurt them politically at this point they don't care its about who can throw themselves off the cliff fastest for their god king.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

This reads like someone addressing their magic sword before fighting a werewolf.

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003
Technically she can't leave his side if she's never within 50 yards of him to begin with.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Not budgeting for 2024 and having a government shut down would be loving awful for Republicans.

Maybe they can tie a new budget with a abortion ban.

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

robin thicke behavior

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Almost Smart posted:

I remember some goon catching a sixer because he posted that RFK Jr looked like the kind of guy who would pay people to take a dump on his face, but I can’t help but think that whenever I see his photo now. It wouldn’t even have to be like a sick sexual kink or anything, but just something he budgets time for in his day between his own second workout and cryo-recovery sessions.

" Snack (non-specified) "

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Hollismason posted:

Independent voters are a loving myth or they're the dumbest loving people on Earth.

I registered as an independent 20yrs ago when I signed up to vote for the first time. I've pretty much exclusively voted for Dem/Independent candidates since. I'd say I'm a good bit further left in my political leanings than the core of the Democratic party but the main reason I've never registered as a Dem is because the people in charge are loving morons who should be easily dunking on Republicans every time but somehow cannot figure out how to market to young people.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://x.com/AnthonyAdragna/status/1757806321124954203?s=20

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

https://www.monmouth.edu/polling-institute/reports/MonmouthPoll_US_021424/

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

have I had a stroke, or does the tweet's reference to 32% not match up at all with the poll result being posted?

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

The people who respond to polls are normal, healthy red-blooded Americans

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
When does the next budget expire March?

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

I'm pretty sure MTG has already shown us pictures of this serious threat at least twice during hearings.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1757796794283499800

“We’re addressing those issues...We’re not going to be forced into action by the Senate. There’s not word in their bill about securing America’s border...The reason the other one was DOA was because it did not meet the moment...So what we’re doing right now is the House is working its will… there are lots of ideas on the table...we will do our duty...and all that begins in earnest right now. We have to take this seriously, and not just take political posturing as has happened...”

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

actual threat or mode dumb BERDER poo poo? going to guess it's the latter.

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Stink Billyums posted:

yes, republicans should absolutely run on banning abortion
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1757785951982514508

Yeah good point. Conservatives totally haven't spent the last 50 years NOT SHUTTING THE gently caress UP about their abhorrent views on the subject. Never even heard of the pro-life movement. Are they even all that active? Like, have they even bothered to bomb anything, murder doctors, or block access to healthcare clinics or taken people's rights away?

JFC.

But yeah, please proceed Kellyanne. I'm sure there's some people in the back that haven't heard why they should never vote for your poo poo political party.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Not sure the most popular musician in recent memory counts as covert.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

big nipples big life posted:

THREAT LEVEL: BERDER

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Youth Decay posted:

:psyduck: What kind of hosed up valentine's are the Economist writers getting?
Cover: Roses are red / violets are blue
Inside: When you're famous / they just let you

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

big nipples big life posted:

They're implying the former, it will be the latter, and regardless of which they can already discuss it with the people who matter and there's very good reason that security situations aren't made public. "Let us throw temper tantrums and second guess you on Fox News!" isn't a persuasive argument.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

CannonFodder posted:

Cover: Roses are red / violets are blue
Inside: When you're famous / they just let you

:lol:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Serious_Cyclone posted:

have I had a stroke, or does the tweet's reference to 32% not match up at all with the poll result being posted?

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

That's some transparent "we want to campaign on this poo poo" request, right there.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

thank you, I was about to convince myself that I was smelling burnt toast

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Independent voters: A little more than half as dumb as republicans.

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

ALIENS :aaa:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Please inform our uninformable President

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Mike Turner is more of a centrist and less of an alarmist but I still wonder what's going on

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

kazil posted:

So he wants MORE weapons sent to Ukraine all of a sudden? (lol, of course not, complete mushbrain)

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

kazil posted:

I see this is outside of his wheelhouse

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

The Republican Party is a domestic terrorist organization, so he's right

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

*nods vigorously*

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
isn't this just like, pretty blatant extortion attempts? like "hey Europe, pay up or we'll let Russia do whatever they want"?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

HJE-Cobra posted:

isn't this just like, pretty blatant extortion attempts? like "hey Europe, pay up or we'll let Russia do whatever they want"?

Art of the deal baby!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Trump saying NATO is delinquent on its protection money is such transparent mafia thinking. Chuds fuckin love how he approaches foreign policy like it's some shakedown of the local small business owner. Unreal.