Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
In case it's not clear, that's not a spoiler, it's just the artist of the manga drawing Baldur's Gate fanart because she is a Western RPG nerd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Ryoko Kui draws characters from video games she likes (full picture)

https://twitter.com/dyingnome/status/1757815719754891691?t=nXks3PdADOC-qxFbadTL-A&s=19

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022
That's from a Famitsu interview where she also just lists like 40 games she likes

https://twitter.com/Rodanosaurus/status/1757831442212753561

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Hihohe posted:

https://twitter.com/dyingnome/status/1757815719754891691?t=nXks3PdADOC-qxFbadTL-A&s=19

The fact that she played Divinity Original Sin makes her great in my book!

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
And Pillars of Eternity! And Pathfinder! And mentioned Tyranny among her favorite games! Lady got taste.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
cosmic wheel sisterhood! expeditions rome! her story! portia! etc. wow, i have a lot of overlapping taste with her. she is a true gamer 🫡

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

chrome line posted:

That's from a Famitsu interview where she also just lists like 40 games she likes

drat she's been gaming good

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
love "the very popular astarion" in the corner lol

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
That's a lot of Elves. Missing Avallach from Witcher 3 though

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

MorningMoon posted:

love "the very popular astarion" in the corner lol

With the hastily doodled cover pose, she hates his rear end

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
the rare chrono cross enjoyer

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

chrome line posted:

Disco Elysium, Witcher 3, Papers Please and Return of the Obra Dinn. :hmmyes:

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Nuclear Spoon posted:

the rare chrono cross enjoyer

Chrono Cross is good, OP

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
i agree

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Cosmic Wheel Sisterhood? Incredibly based

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Cosmic Wheel Sisterhood was visually stunning for a medium-sized indie pixel art game and did a pretty good job of painting the hints of an insanely complex world without actually going too hogwild with the exposition, so I could see it being appealing to RK. It's been several months since I played it and I still can't tell if the inexplicably detailed election campaign section near the end made the game better or worse, though

SexyBlindfold fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Feb 14, 2024

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Hihohe posted:

Lol, you can tell she really is waiting for the Japanese version of Wrath of the Righteous because of Camellia.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Both sides of the Pacific should translate more RPGs, we're missing out on some of the good ones and so are they.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
someone post the comic she did about waiting for gnome fortress* to be translated to elvish*

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Zeruel posted:

someone post the comic she did about waiting for gnome fortress* to be translated to elvish*

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

PUNK ELF

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
You can tell an elf is punk if they get that western RPG undercut hairstyle.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm not a big CRPG guy, but if one got Kui to do character designs/portraits, I'd buy it day 1

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I do wish they would just hire someone to localize it though. They've made millions off it, why not get it into untapped markets too?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
its probably a huge undertaking compared to other games. like you have all the menus and stuff but i imagine like the random generation bits could also be tricky to deal with? they should still do it for her tho.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Yeah in Dwarf fortress theres a name generation mechanic where you can customize every syllable of a name which corrisponds to a meaning in the language. For example Koganusān is Boatmurdered
I feel like it would be easier to translate it to other western languages like german, spanish and french. but really hard to translate to an eastern language which is way different in structure.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Given Dwarf Fortress is an entirely procedurally-generated game, the actual language translation is probably not any harder than any other game, but the way it presents that language would involve a lot of changes to programming and stuff in the back end, I'm sure.

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Also like they only just added a second actual coder to the team very recently too, it's not like they could just assign people to implementing language support

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Hihohe posted:

Yeah in Dwarf fortress theres a name generation mechanic where you can customize every syllable of a name which corrisponds to a meaning in the language. For example Koganusān is Boatmurdered
I feel like it would be easier to translate it to other western languages like german, spanish and french. but really hard to translate to an eastern language which is way different in structure.

That's exactly how kanji already work so it'd be super easy actually?

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Just run it through Google translate. I know many things

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Apparently there is a third party patcher + language files for Dwarf Fortress: https://github.com/dfint

Unfortunately the Japanese translation is less complete than the Esperanto one.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Impressions of the new episode:

As always, some good Marcille faces.

I literally laughted for a minute when I saw Laios' way to deal with sirens.

Kelpies are perfidious assholes. That's just their thing.

The end again proves that Laios is a giant dumbass. I havem't read the manga, but I bet he would try to eat a fire elemental if given the opportunity.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
marcille is such a sweetie

i forgot how cool the bit where they use water walk on the kraken was. ryoko kui comes up with neat set pieces.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

cant cook creole bream posted:

Someone should go tell Ulysses that he hosed up, he could have just blasted dubstep out of his tricked up stereo instead of wax and being strung up to the main mast.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

lol that the monsters find Laios offputting.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Laios not recognizing the human adventurer from the previous floor but instantly knowing the kobold is such a good gag. series continues to be win

NuclearWinterUK
Jan 13, 2007

Yes, I am very well
Someone please make a clip of Laios' singing in every dub, thanks in advance.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

NuclearWinterUK posted:

Someone please make a clip of Laios' singing in every dub, thanks in advance.

I just checked it out. It seems like that was actually the Japanese original in all languages.

NuclearWinterUK
Jan 13, 2007

Yes, I am very well

I just checked it out. It seems like that was actually the Japanese original in all languages.

Aw, I did wonder if that might be the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

NuclearWinterUK posted:

Aw, I did wonder if that might be the case.

But props to the English voice actor that he's so close to the Japanese one that it could convincingly be his singing voice.