Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

When they gave him the blood thinners they unlocked the other 90% of his brain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen it.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

https://twitter.com/CallyGingrich/status/1757239715311300889

Check the date on this one

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

That's what makes it Florida Style.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Her eyeliner is crazy

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

:forkbomb:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Excellent Matt update at the end.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
This isn't even guyliner. I did a better job at age 20 after hearing Beborn Beton for the first time.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Gingrich is such a goblin rear end name

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

So is Amber back now?

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Gripweed posted:

So is Amber back now?

goons OBSESSED with AMBER

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
gripweezard master

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Halloween Jack posted:

gripweezard master

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

No, no, this is not that kind of thing. She’s just been on a bunch of episodes lately so I’m wondering if she’s returning as a co-host.

That’s a perfectly reasonable question. I’m normal.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Gripweed posted:

No, no, this is not that kind of thing. She’s just been on a bunch of episodes lately so I’m wondering if she’s returning as a co-host.

gripweed doing robert deniro irishman voice: I could be Wizard Master for you. I could do that.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Goons: We want Hesse!

Wipgreed: We have Hesse at home

Hesse at home:

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Feb 13, 2024

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

:chloe:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Thread's weird again

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Gripweed posted:

She never left. She was basically on PTO/Sabbatical while doing the book-stuff. Now, she's back on the pod cause she's done with the book.

But they've always included her as part of the line-up when talking about "us" in the last couple of years. Will would say stuff like "Me, Matt, Felix, and Amber are all blah blah blah"

I'm so glad she's getting back in the groove of riffing with the boys. Amber and Virgil really helped make 2016 through 2020 memorable for the pod.

Androies
Oct 23, 2008

Ask me about my knives

Boywhiz88 posted:

I'm so glad she's getting back in the groove of riffing with the boys. Amber and Virgil really helped make 2016 through 2020 memorable for the pod.

Yeah, let's get the whole gang back together! Bring.Back.Virgil.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I've... I've never seen Hesse and Virgil in the same room together...

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I've... I've never seen Hesse and Virgil in the same room together...

gently caress you for this. Lmao

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Excellent Matt update at the end.

I really can’t wait until he talks about all this on a cush stream. I’m looking forward to that even more than a formal return to the show

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Phone posted:

it was orangejello and lemonjello

i can't remember if it was freakanomics, probably was, though... the thing you're thinking of is the argument that abortion being legal leads to less CRIMINALS (IF YOU KNOW WHAT IM SAYING) [link to fbi crime statistics goes here]

it's a perfect encapsulation of liberal racism and how racist ideology gets shaped and filtered through "respectable" means (some pop-psychology bullshit).

thanks for coming to my ted(x) talk.
Yeah it turns out the likely reason for the reduction in violent crime was the elimination of leaded gasoline and general lead levels in our environment

Lead exposure, particularly during adolescence, has been linked to aggression and poor impulse control

The generation which suffered the most lead exposure during their development was of course, boomers.

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Feb 14, 2024

veepfake
Oct 21, 2005

Phone posted:

it was orangejello and lemonjello

i can't remember if it was freakanomics, probably was, though... the thing you're thinking of is the argument that abortion being legal leads to less CRIMINALS (IF YOU KNOW WHAT IM SAYING) [link to fbi crime statistics goes here]

it's a perfect encapsulation of liberal racism and how racist ideology gets shaped and filtered through "respectable" means (some pop-psychology bullshit).

thanks for coming to my ted(x) talk.

isn't a big part of the book like, absurd statistics and correlations? like, "statistics are useful but can be overanalyzed"

it's been a while since i read it

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

veepfake posted:

isn't a big part of the book like, absurd statistics and correlations? like, "statistics are useful but can be overanalyzed"

Not that part as I recall. They lap up that racist bullshit. Dubner also has very cool thoughts about tipping and working class concerns.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

veepfake posted:

he says that over and over but it's clear he buys his own hype.

the liberal eugenicist stuff is stomach turning.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

From what I vaguely remember the whole book is wild correlations presented as causations like that abortion bit

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Don’t forget they were throat-deep on that Broken Windows dick, too.

veepfake
Oct 21, 2005

lol clearly i should reread it

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I don't even see how legalizing abortion would correlate since the highest crime rate was in the early 90s. That's about when their future criminals who should've been aborted were at their highest criming ages.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Well obviously if abortion is legal then no abortion crimes can be committed, so the crime rate will go down.

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007
You've been hit by
You've been hit by an abortion criminal

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I liked the Pod About List episode. They weren't as LOL funny as the Seeking Derangements or Pendejo Time guys, but I enjoyed it.

I think that the number of kids showing up to kindergarten class without being potty-trained is yet another signpost on the road to hell while the media tells us that the stock market is up therefore the economy is better therefore everything is actually getting better all the time--like how the use of food banks and shelters is way, way up. I see so many households, especially people with kids, often people who are ostensibly middle class, just spiraling downward under the stress of not being able to make a living. I've seen a kid poo poo on the floor because dealing with kid emergencies is the only time his parents can set their differences aside.

I don't put much stock in publications like Esquire and the Atlantic, but their coverage lets me know what upper-middle-class boobs are anxious about. I think there are a lot of affluent people dealing with a lot of guilt over their children being half-feral.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Halloween Jack posted:

I liked the Pod About List episode. They weren't as LOL funny as the Seeking Derangements or Pendejo Time guys, but I enjoyed it.

I think that the number of kids showing up to kindergarten class without being potty-trained is yet another signpost on the road to hell while the media tells us that the stock market is up therefore the economy is better therefore everything is actually getting better all the time--like how the use of food banks and shelters is way, way up. I see so many households, especially people with kids, often people who are ostensibly middle class, just spiraling downward under the stress of not being able to make a living. I've seen a kid poo poo on the floor because dealing with kid emergencies is the only time his parents can set their differences aside.

I don't put much stock in publications like Esquire and the Atlantic, but their coverage lets me know what upper-middle-class boobs are anxious about. I think there are a lot of affluent people dealing with a lot of guilt over their children being half-feral.

you had me until the end.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Adults are under more demands and stress than ever, and at the same time the internet has become this incredibly effective child pacification machine. It’s inevitable that kids are getting more and more screen time from earlier snd earlier, and that’s loving up their brains.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

at my super bowl party there was a two-year-old who did tom cruise in minority report for six straight hours on an ipad

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed
Buffalo chicken dip is good as hell

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Halloween Jack posted:

whats the deal with parents carting like 3-4 year old kids around in gigantic strollers? anyone else seen this? I had to make room for one of them on transit yesterday, the kid was so big they could fight me but they're still getting strollered about apparently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
It's another convenience thing. Walking alongside a 3-4 year old is slow and requires you to pay attention to what you're doing, so it's easier to just push them around in a stroller. This is part of the reason that strollers have evolved into enormous plastic tanks since I was a kid.

i say swears online posted:

at my super bowl party there was a two-year-old who did tom cruise in minority report for six straight hours on an ipad
I know it's Kids These Days to talk about it, but like...I remember when my former boss would bring her kids to the office, and managing them revolved around keeping a screen in front of all of their faces at all times. They were either playing with a device or squabbling over who gets Mommy's phone and who gets Mommy's tablet and so on. No interest in going outside. They got pouty about having to put down their devices for a few minutes so they could get in the car to go get McDonald's.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Feb 14, 2024