Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Nitrousoxide posted:

Yeah, I'd been using that. I'd just hoped that maybe I'd missed one "do this to all your classes at once" button.

Alas.

Sadly I think it's an engine limitation since you can also only edit one glamour plate at a time. If there's enough demand for it they'll fix it eventually, they're pretty good at fixing qol stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

girl dick energy posted:

You can drag the gearset straight from the list onto your hotbar and it'll become a button you can just click to switch to it.

This is what I did. I have a crossbar just for combat classes and a crossbar for gathering/crafting classes.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
So I was doing it wrong!

I was just selecting the proper weapon and then loading the gear set after.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah you don't want to do that because you can accidentally queue without your job stone with ARR classes and be missing half your tool kit.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

*getting fully naked right in front of the questgiver*

I'm so sorry I really need the exp for this job

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Well I'm a cat, so showing off my butthole is par for the course.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

The only quest I ever stripped naked for was the shower scene in Shadowbringers

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I did that fully clothed, screw the man.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Fully clothed makes more sense since its your outfit that smells like the most horrible poo poo after all the spelunking you have done

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Ah but does Sin Eater blood wash off or is it dry clean only?

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

It only needs a light wash.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

So I finally sat down and started messing around with fishing, got up to level ~25, but these "powerful hookset" and "precision hookset" have very vague descriptions. How can I tell when a fish has a strong/weak bite? I don't see anything in its description, plus I'm sure as heck not going to memorize all the bite strengths of the hundreds (?) of fish or aquatic life for this game if it is.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Nitrousoxide posted:

So I finally sat down and started messing around with fishing, got up to level ~25, but these "powerful hookset" and "precision hookset" have very vague descriptions. How can I tell when a fish has a strong/weak bite? I don't see anything in its description, plus I'm sure as heck not going to memorize all the bite strengths of the hundreds (?) of fish or aquatic life for this game if it is.

If the fish bites and it draws ! above your character it's a weak bite. If it draws !! it's a strong bite. If it's !!! it's usually a strong bite although there's a handful of Big Fish with weak bites and !!! bite indicators.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Nitrousoxide posted:

tl;dr: all the bites have distinct animations, sfx, and even rumble if on controller. if you have at least limited battle effects enabled you also get !, !!, and !!! markers above your character

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W33cei8rtw

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
iirc back in the day there were no ! marks and you had to see how much the tip of your rod jiggled? (hence the light option for night fishing)

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Powerful and Precise pair with burning GP on Patience, which lets you get large fish a lot more often to stack Angler's Art for other skills(or to bank it to restore GP later so you don't cap from passive GP regen, i.e. Ocean Fishing/Fish Eyes staggering) but gives you a huge chance to lose the fish if you don't match Powerful/Precise to the bites. I guess you could also pad your largest caught records, as fishing is all about self-satisfaction.

I'm sure there's dozens of esoteric exceptions on a fish by fish basis but that's fishing in general. If you don't deliberately plan it or need to follow a step by step for a specific fish then don't sweat it too much.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Ah, okay, that makes more sense.

I saw that patience increased the chance of netting a bigger fish, and bigger fish seemed to be more exp, so wanted to maximize that gain.

As a free-to-play player inventory space is pretty limited, so I don't really want to lug around a million different baits, so I kind of like carting around the like 5 artificial flys instead. Plus they rarely get lost in the casts.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Jonny 290 posted:

iirc back in the day there were no ! marks and you had to see how much the tip of your rod jiggled? (hence the light option for night fishing)

When I saw the ! change in the patch notes I thought why the gently caress would they do this, that's so lame. But it's actually a drat necessity for ocean fishing (which they added in the same patch) since fishing near other players before the ! was added was actually super obnoxious. I would go mostly by audio cue so hearing other people's bites would throw me off.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

…wait, the exclamation marks weren’t in until mid-ShB?

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Regalingualius posted:

…wait, the exclamation marks weren’t in until mid-ShB?

Yep. I actually made this video in Shadowbringers for a friend. No exclamation points to be seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=di8kBdDj6nc

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

One of my favorite things about this new mogtome event is I get to not see all the fishing tasks. Since I haven't unlocked fisher they all show as ???s that say "complete the quest first".

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Why do we call them mogtomes and not pomestones?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Bruceski posted:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Because the devs have, in externally facing documents, referred to them as mogtomes. That's it

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
moogle bitcoins

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Moogles doing Bitcoin would result in somebody owing a lot of kupo nuts.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Somebody stole my nuts! All my nuts gone

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

free kupo nuts

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Don’t kupo that copy nut! :mad:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
You wouldn't download a kupo nut.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Bruceski posted:

Same reason the dueling square is a circle, I imagine

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Snae ling

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

If I know anything to be true is this mixed-up world, it's that mogtome holders can absolutely use multiple slurp-o juices on a single mog.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

a lotta yall still dont get it

mog holders can use multiple slurp potions on a single mog

so if you have 1 ostensibly special map and 3 slurp potions you can create 3 new mogs

Tonight's slurp potion mint event is essentially a minting event for both Ophiotauroskin and Special maps

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
So am I completely misremembering, or did The Praetorium => Ultimate Weapon sequence at the end of ARR used to be an 8-man?

Am I just remembering a different duty?

At any rate, reached the end of ARR as a Ninja. Once again- NPCs for story dungeons are my new favorite feature. By like a million.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

HaB posted:

So am I completely misremembering, or did The Praetorium => Ultimate Weapon sequence at the end of ARR used to be an 8-man?

Am I just remembering a different duty?

At any rate, reached the end of ARR as a Ninja. Once again- NPCs for story dungeons are my new favorite feature. By like a million.

No you remember correctly, the entire ARR 2.0 finale was reworked

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
They scaled Castrum Merdianum and Praetorium down to 4-player content and split Praetorium almost two years ago, it used to include what's now Porta Decumana (Ultima Weapon) as well as the final fight against a certain ascian that's now a singleplayer duty (sadly you have to replay a good amount of MSQ in NG+ to play it).

The Cape Westwind trial also got turned into a story duty at the same time.

orcane fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Feb 16, 2024

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

orcane posted:

They scaled Castrum Merdianum and Praetorium down to 4-player content and split Praetorium almost two years ago, it used to include what's now Porta Decumana (Ultima Weapon) as well as the final fight against a certain ascian that's now a singleplayer duty (sadly you have to replay a good amount of MSQ in NG+ to play it).

The fight after Ultima weapon also got changed to a solo duty.

Edit: I have poor reading comprehension. I will leave my original post unedited so everyone can see my shame

Mainwaring fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Feb 16, 2024

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
yeah that's what I wrote :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pryce
May 21, 2011

orcane posted:

I understand why they did it and I can't disagree with the decision, but I do miss the 8-man versions since it was a larger group to chat with/gently caress around with during the 10-minute cutscenes. Felt like there was a lot more joking around with the larger groups; ever since it turned into a 4-man it became ghostly silent. Maybe I've just been unlucky though.