Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Cavauro posted:

i really like reading this kind of stuff where some kid or adult educates people on something they know nothing about like what you posted or ice cube jr. talking about wargames. it's exactly the same thing people were doing on various message boards when i was a little kid fascinated by backstage politics in the late 90s. it's funny and stupid but not overtly hateful bull poo poo

you're absolutely right, it's the best stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

sorry if that reads like a scolding of other content. i just wanted to react positively to the posting of Cult of Pies, and i don't know how to do something like that without putting down something else

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
To the mods editing the thread titles please remember that The King never puts a space after punctuation so it should be "The Jase Regal Memorial Thread:wave your flag,pump your chubby little fist" to properly honor him.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The man is on a roll.

https://twitter.com/WrestlingIsKing/status/1757856013397479458

quote:

See,that's the thing with you AEW glue-sniffing cellar-dwellers:you obsess over WWE because you represent the mindset of that poo poo-stain " wrestling company" that you choose to support:minor league,inept,and non-meaningful.
Don't worry about Jade Cargill:she's in the major leagues now and she's gonna do some great things.if I were you,you walking brain tumor with legs,I'd worry nore about the fact that you need to pray to whatever God you choose to believe in,just to get close to 1,000,000 viewers for your "A" show,and also pray that Papa Khan doesn't one day decide to cut his coked-out,silver spoon nimrod son's allowance and short circuit his vanity project:you moronic AEW thumb-twats have SOOOOOO much more to worry about than WWE,you need to smarten up and realize that,while you still can

I shouldn't make things easier for the people who refuse to go to X Dot Com but this one is too good to let anyone miss.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

man who absolutely huffs paint accuses other of sniffing glue

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
"moronic AEW thumb-twats" (or mAtts) has got the gangtag ring to it

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

what's a thumb-twat

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

MassRafTer posted:

I shouldn't make things easier for the people who refuse to go to X Dot Com but this one is too good to let anyone miss.

I appreciate it. He blocked me a long time ago for implying - because it was true, so not even an implication - he did not own the rights to a photo of, I dunno, Barry Windham or somebody he did not take. Something like "you wanna credit me for that.it was my photo" and I asked "Are you Bill Apter or did you work for one of his magazines?" and he blocked me like some fragile AEW hothouse flower fan!

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Lamuella posted:

what's a thumb-twat

He needed a t word.

You think this is easy?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dawgstar posted:

I appreciate it. He blocked me a long time ago for implying - because it was true, so not even an implication - he did not own the rights to a photo of, I dunno, Barry Windham or somebody he did not take. Something like "you wanna credit me for that.it was my photo" and I asked "Are you Bill Apter or did you work for one of his magazines?" and he blocked me like some fragile AEW hothouse flower fan!

That's one of my favorite things about The King. That and him being an internet tough guy 50-something who is deathly afraid of crime in NYC.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I thought you were supposed to eat the glue

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

jade may be green but shes cool as hell and should be allowed to murder someone in the ring

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

The Goldberg Clause. Understandable.

somewhere nattie's brain just started crying and she doesn't know why

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Jonny Nox posted:

He needed a t word.

You think this is easy?

The owner of the company is named Tony!

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Lamuella posted:

what's a thumb-twat

vegetable version of a kumquat

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

post on wreddit titled: if you were tony khan how would you improve aew wrestling stories and promos? posted:

i'd hire 12 creative writers to come up with stories and promos. on the sidelines i'd hire dutch mantell, kevin nash, ddp, jake roberts, and jim cornette as private consultants asking them for constructive criticism on each storyline. for the next six months i'd weed out 2 writers every month who weren't as good as the rest until i was content with the new writing staff. during that time i'd hire someone beneath who could manage talent and the business. someone to be a head to take away some of the stress without needing to make all the decisions. i'd search high and low copying what bill busch did hiring someone in their 30s or 40s who is well spoken, has excellent marketing skills, but knows a fair amount of how the wrestling business operates behind the scenes.

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

there's a lot to unpack there but, uh, "fire the two writers I like the least every month" does not seem like it would lead to a good work environment to me

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Survivor: AEW

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Hire 12 writers, then fire 2 every month for 6 months.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
alec baldwin voice: second place is a set of replica belts

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

"I would hire someone to improve it for me" is a hell of an answer

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

"I would hire someone to improve it for me" is a hell of an answer

Especially when the "someones" include Nash, Mantell, and Cornette.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

thats the guy that invented putting $5 on the table when the waitress shows up and taking a dollar away every time she does something that makes you mad.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I would hire someone in their early 30s who has 20 years of experience in the business and who could fund and run the show for me and make it perfect.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Selachian posted:

Especially when the "someones" include Nash, Mantell, and Cornette.

The last two you can at least point to having had been decent at it once upon a time. The only time Nash ever had the book things were terrible.

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Has Cornette ever actually had the book anywhere outside of a short lived regional wrestling promotion?

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

12 creative writers living in one house together, writing a pro wrestling show for an extremely online fanboy. Every week, 2 of the writers will be eliminated.

Honestly, I'd watch it.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
I'm also confused as to the "search high and low copying what bill busch did" bit, considering that when Bill Busch became a VP in WCW after Bischoff got fired, he ended up hiring Vince Russo and Ed Ferrara. That neither sounds like a 'high and low' search, nor does "well spoken, has excellent marketing skills". Maybe he's thinking of Bill Shaw, who was one of the WCW execs that promoted Eric Bischoff in 1993? Which also was not a "high and low" search, Bischoff had already joined the company a couple years earlier when AWA collapsed.

VideoWitch posted:

Has Cornette ever actually had the book anywhere outside of a short lived regional wrestling promotion?
Rarely was he THE booker for anyone, but he was on the "booking committee" for WCW in 1989-1990 before getting into a fight and quitting.

While he was still running SMW, he signed a deal with WWF and was involved in creative from some period between 1993 and mid 1997, at which point he was let go for fighting/threatening Kevin Dunn and Vince Russo.

Then he was the head booker of Ohio Valley Wrestling, until he got fired for slapping Santino and generally being abusive to people.

After that, he joined TNA and was there from 2006-2009 until he got fired again for threatening Vince Russo and others.

In 2009, he got hired by ROH and was "executive producer" until he got fired in late 2012 for among other things, threatening backstage employees.

So he does have a pretty solid track record working as a booker, but a big part of that track record is getting fired for being verbally and/or physically abusive!

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

note that all thise cornette booked periods are some of the worst ever.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

These folks think that all these guys are some magical creative geniuses and yet none of them were able to create a viable competition to wwe.

There may be things about Tony's booking that aren't perfect but these people are in denial about his ability if they think he isn't doing something right. He is uniquely positioned to fund the program during lean times, has a passion for the product and is obsessive enough for the workload.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

plus he's already - and within his first year of running shows - weathered the kind of storm that would and did put a lot of entertainment companies out of business. I don't always love Tony's booking, but the poo poo he pulled to get a weekly wrestling show out without interruption during the pandemic was frankly amazing. Especially as he'd been booking a weekly wrestling show for less than six months at that point.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/iamjondraper/status/1757951120616399033?s=21&t=m_PAesgh00CqmijCoiczRQ

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Hangman should totally use the amount of facial hair he has to indicate how much of a heel he is.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

dudes will read this and say hell yeah

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

zimbomonkey posted:

Hangman should totally use the amount of facial hair he has to indicate how much of a heel he is.

By the time he violently destroys the entire Dark Order he should have a full handlebar.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Shard posted:

dudes will read this and say hell yeah

hell yeah

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I would actually be all for Heel Hangman using Dark Order as his goons

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

inthesto posted:

I would actually be all for Heel Hangman using Dark Order as his goons

I could see this happening, especially if Hangman's being manipulative towards those lovable goobers to get him to do his dirty work. Could be a fun flip on their previous dynamics.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

https://bsky.app/profile/pjjr216.bsky.social/post/3klh7uldpks2v

Only registered members can see post attachments!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the other half of his head is legit missing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

make it feel like that press conference? First they complain about there not being enough stories in aew and then when AEW has a show where it's non stop stories they're mad it's not feeling like real life drama bleeding into the product?