Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/wTctVWJ.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Jamesman posted:

I generally prefer the Words of Warning in front of old media that continues to be preserved and made available.

But considering this is not the old media and is an update of the old media, it's really hosed up they wouldn't update it to be less racist. Then again, from what I saw of the games, it seems like a very basic graphical update that might have used some sort of upscaling program instead of actual people, so it just kinda looks like a really lazy job all around. I don't even know if the controls were updated at all.

hi i make video games for a living, with the last 13 years of that at a shop that does a lot of remasters/ports/etc. a "very basic graphical update" is not "very basic" and there is no "upscaling program" that does what you think it does. there were absolutely hundreds of people involved in upscaling that art

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender

Moses supposes his roses are toes-es
but Moses supposes erroneously

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

A rose made of tongues? How does it taste?

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

Huh, turns out a kiss from a rose is all tongue

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

more falafel please posted:

hi i make video games for a living, with the last 13 years of that at a shop that does a lot of remasters/ports/etc. a "very basic graphical update" is not "very basic" and there is no "upscaling program" that does what you think it does. there were absolutely hundreds of people involved in upscaling that art

I'm talking specifically about the Tomb Raider remasters, if that matters, and I was only going off of a quick glance that compared them to the originals. I will trust that you certainly know more than I do about what would have gone into them.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://packaged-media.redd.it/drit...8766045d77f#t=0

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

sure, i guess clout chasing cringe bait is cursed by default

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

faked for the internet or not, this is extremely close to schizophrenia

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Vampire Panties posted:

faked for the internet or not, this is extremely close to schizophrenia

I think a schizophrenic would be afraid of a digital waifu. Tablets are covered in cameras and mics and utilize wireless communications. She might transmit your whereabouts to your tormentors using her inscrutable wireless technologies, after all.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I think a schizophrenic would be afraid of a digital waifu. Tablets are covered in cameras and mics and utilize wireless communications. She might transmit your whereabouts to your tormentors using her inscrutable wireless technologies, after all.

Not if the waifu is running on TempleOS.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
lol

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Inceltown posted:

Not if the waifu is running on TempleOS.

I was just listening to the QAA episode about that today. Super sad story.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
yeah it's hosed up

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Video text: I want this kind of love.
My thoughts: I want this kind of tablet.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
you wouldn't know my girlfriend, she's on a whole different dimension

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Ew, heelies

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Audrey 3.

IshmaelZarkov
Jun 20, 2013

Now that's a user name/post combo

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

If you know the youtube channel (Cherdleys), you know it's a skit. It is cursed that the optimal way to present a skit nowadays is by at least implying that it's actually candid footage.

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Paladinus posted:

If you know the youtube channel (Cherdleys), you know it's a skit. It is cursed that the optimal way to present a skit nowadays is by at least implying that it's actually candid footage.

Nowadays? That was Mega64s bread and butter 20 years ago..

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

The market wasn't as flooded with waifu sims as it is today...

Anyone remembers that sad sack who married an anime hologram and recently the company folded and the device* got bricked?
*because its fine and dandy to sell you a thing artificially and needlessly chained to an online service.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
The trick is to sell stupid fragile stuff to people who are too stupid to know better and to keep them stupid. That's like 99% of our economy right there.

LookieLoo
Feb 10, 2011

By popular demand posted:

The market wasn't as flooded with waifu sims as it is today...

Anyone remembers that sad sack who married an anime hologram and recently the company folded and the device* got bricked?
*because its fine and dandy to sell you a thing artificially and needlessly chained to an online service.

I don't but I'm eager to find out :allears:

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Oh it's cute when a penguin does it but when I fall in love with an inanimate depiction of a lady suddenly I'm the weirdo?

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Kit Walker posted:

Oh it's cute when a penguin does it but when I fall in love with an inanimate depiction of a lady suddenly I'm the weirdo?

Yes, precisely.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I've been meaning to talk about your avatar.
:stwoon:

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Kit Walker posted:

Yes, that penguin can't touch itself with those weird wings. We all perfectly understand and emphasize. You have two perfectly fine hands and absolutely no excuse

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

LookieLoo posted:

I don't but I'm eager to find out :allears:

https://mainichi.jp/english/articles/20220111/p2a/00m/0li/028000c

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

It looks like she's trapped in the dust compartment of a vacuum cleaner.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Don't let her out she may kill another pizza franchise again!

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

His boner going down the escalator is making me feel inadequate

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

By popular demand posted:

I've been meaning to talk about your avatar.
:stwoon:

I'm happy you like it but i'm not interested in an online relationship at this time. My PR rep will contact you if there are future opportunities.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Kit Walker posted:

Well we like the penguin

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

penguins and penguin lovers are fine. monsieur pingouin, for example, is weird as hell but decidedly blessed for his complete lack of fucks to give
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlQ3nPg1pyg

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

perhaps cursed for being belgian, but i’m not gonna judge a dude on the circumstances of their birth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea