Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Lockback posted:

The important thing here is Coach Bud is totally vindicated.
He was always vindicated, depending on how you viewed game 5 last year when Grayson Allen euro stepped into history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Grayson Allen rules

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
The suns will have a g league team again this fall. LETS FUCKIN GO!!!!!!

The team is also running a contest for fan submissions on what to name the team so go to this link and vote for the Hot Dogs like me. Thanks.

https://sunsbasketball.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_ehrk1PFdNmLSuY6

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Here’s a laugh

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1757788985345069475

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I love PJ and it sucks he can’t get bought out but he’s so washed, man.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Good on them for trying. You miss all the shots you don’t take, or something like that

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Bismack Billabongo posted:

The suns will have a g league team again this fall. LETS FUCKIN GO!!!!!!

The team is also running a contest for fan submissions on what to name the team so go to this link and vote for the Hot Dogs like me. Thanks.

https://sunsbasketball.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_ehrk1PFdNmLSuY6
I'm voting for Tempe Town Lakers

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1757806996772774161

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Dude gets to ride the bench on a championship team and get paid 22 million over the next two year, seems like a super good deal to me.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Rick posted:

I'm voting for Tempe Town Lakers

That’s pretty good lmao

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

I liked Bones so much but he does not seem to have taken to being part of an NBA team

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

kingcobweb posted:

I liked Bones so much but he does not seem to have taken to being part of an NBA team

The Bones situation kinda reminds me of Oubre back when he had tons of potential and NBA-level skills but on the floor he just couldn't put poo poo together and was largely unplayable. He mostly sorta figured it out and is a useful guy now so maybe Bones can figure that out.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

predicto posted:

A Michigan fan and a Steph Curry fan? drat , you are the perfect poster, aren’t you?

no one said being universally beloved was easy

lmao

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Brook Lopez has the worst Muse Face rendering I've ever seen.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

I love PJ and it sucks he can’t get bought out but he’s so washed, man.

it's his own fault he can't get bought out, he has an 11m player option for next year that he's never going to give up

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Aye Doc posted:

it's his own fault he can't get bought out, he has an 11m player option for next year that he's never going to give up

Can’t blame him, I wouldn’t either

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Yeah, that’s a lot of sneakers for the collection.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Grayson Allen rules

No!!

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

kingcobweb posted:

I dunno he was playing pretty good with the Clippers to start the season - it must be frustrating for him to not get any play at all cause he’s stuck behind two hall of famers.

Not sure why they didn’t trade him at the deadline, but the Clippers March schedule is pretty intense so maybe they think they’ll need him soon.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I think Bones needs a chance to get some burn on a bad team to really develop his skills.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Red Rox posted:

Not sure why they didn’t trade him at the deadline, but the Clippers March schedule is pretty intense so maybe they think they’ll need him soon.

As with most trades that don't happen, the team didn't see a deal good enough to be worth giving their player up.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Grayson Allen rules

Glad he wasn't able to do to Fox what he did to Caruso.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Red Rox posted:

I dunno he was playing pretty good with the Clippers to start the season - it must be frustrating for him to not get any play at all cause he’s stuck behind two hall of famers.

Clippers have a top heavy team but not much depth and key players with history of missing time. If you trade a rotation-level guy like Bones you need to get back a rotation-level guy in return, not just assets or potential. Not sure there were a lot of opportunities like that.

Panzeh posted:

I think Bones needs a chance to get some burn on a bad team to really develop his skills.

Yeah I think so too. Or at least a mediocre team that would need him to play a consistent rotation role.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

snyprmag posted:

Glad he wasn't able to do to Fox what he did to Caruso.

Not for lack of trying

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Not a foul:

https://official.nba.com/last-two-minute-report/?gameNo=0022300774&eventNum=2152

“Booker (PHX) is drawn into the air on the pump fake towards Sabonis (SAC), but the resulting contact is marginal and does not affect Sabonis's ability to enter his shooting motion.”

Foul:

https://x.com/brendennunesnba/status/1757863606312730881?s=46&t=onxyh9cLuduaEE8VkMrnMQ

“Murray (SAC) grabs and pulls Booker's (PHX) jersey away from his body and the contact affects his FOM during the throw-in.”

And they posted the wrong video on the site undoubtedly trying to hide the evidence

Giggs
Jan 4, 2013

mama huhu
bwee ooo bwee ooo
raptors report incoming.

scottie barnes has been playing bad and bein sad since december
he has made an average of 1 decent pass per game since
he has made an average of 6 awful-pass-to-turnovers per game since
he does not score very much and has been complaining to the refs a lot more

i do not blame scottie barnes. i hope he feels better soon. probably shouldn't be going to the all-star game.

the roster is still stupid as gently caress. chris boucher no longer plays (drat this team to hell)
garrett temple is still around despite being way worse than Thad (congrats Suns)
haven't seen agbaji much because his first game was half cutoff by loving golf, but i am optimistic (gently caress tsn, gently caress golf)
bruce brown was seemingly trying not to get traded before the deadline by playing badly, and since is just havin fun
i don't care about kelly olynyk, send him to the netherlands

gradey dick has been shooting 63% from 3 the last five games, seemingly starting to get how to shoot in the nba if nothing else.

everyone else about the same as usual. raptors report concluded.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

The Maestro posted:

Not a foul:

https://official.nba.com/last-two-minute-report/?gameNo=0022300774&eventNum=2152

“Booker (PHX) is drawn into the air on the pump fake towards Sabonis (SAC), but the resulting contact is marginal and does not affect Sabonis's ability to enter his shooting motion.”

I've seen fouls called for 1/100th of that much contact on the "got you into the air, go up for a shot under you to draw the foul" move. Seems like the refs were like "well he's big so it doesn't affect him"

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

The Maestro posted:

Not a foul:

I can’t remember the Suns ever being on the good side of all these bullshit calls, there’s been more than a few this year. The NBA sure loves its superstars. I’ll take it but good lord that was bad.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Space Camp fuckup posted:

I can’t remember the Suns ever being on the good side of all these bullshit calls,

dude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q60ZtqhC06Y

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Oh yeah lol

Doesn’t count though, Giannis got to play running back that series

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

well, name 2

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

They gave Dray his first tech back for complaining about Booker doing that same thing in a no call.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

The Maestro posted:

Not a foul:

Booker (PHX) is drawn into the air on the pump fake towards Sabonis (SAC), but the resulting piggyback may have resulted in a 3-point play in the closing minute of the game, so we dutifully covered our eyes and swallowed our whistles. Had Sabonis missed his shot we may have thrown in a late whistle as a compensatory measure.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

kingcobweb posted:

I've seen fouls called for 1/100th of that much contact on the "got you into the air, go up for a shot under you to draw the foul" move. Seems like the refs were like "well he's big so it doesn't affect him"

The refs call things WAY different around the basket when it's big defending small vs small defending big. It's a huge difference from FIBA where it's called more evenly. I sorta understand why the NBA does it but also I think it take something from the game.

havelock
Jan 20, 2004

IGNORE ME
Soiled Meat
I think consistency is far more important than whatever it is they choose to deem a foul (more vs less physical etc).

If you even have to disallow certain nuanced things to make the rules more straightforward and easier to be consistent about I think that would be for the better.

Basically, sure, review the calls made, but review them relative to each other, too. It's dumb that late game is called different from early, etc.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Lockback posted:

The refs call things WAY different around the basket when it's big defending small vs small defending big. It's a huge difference from FIBA where it's called more evenly. I sorta understand why the NBA does it but also I think it take something from the game.

On the other hand, Embiid

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
We all yell about this but its true! What's galling is when they say in the two minute report that contact was/is "marginal." Yeah sure its marginal and he still made the basket...but the issue is consistency. If marginal contact isn't a foul, then why is it a foul all the other times throughout a game. When a shooter goes up and is lightly brushed halfway through a layup or whatever. And using marginal is weird too. They seem to in the two minute report love calling things marginal contact when the shooter ends up making it anyways, which isn't actually the point. And it goes back to the idea that you're creating a bad situation where players know they have to flail and snap their head back and do all other dumbshit so they can oversell a call or else they get no call at all.

I go back to the idea that they need to end the 2 minute report. Whether a given 2 minute report is exposing bad calls or plastering over "marginal" calls doesn't matter. It just pisses people off because its not like it actually fixes anything anyways.

soggybagel fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Feb 15, 2024

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
And-1's have been eliminated. If it was a foul the shot wouldn't have gone in.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/fakeshoredrive/status/1757891748720701768

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/fredkatz/status/1757897584171942101?s=46