Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
give kevin smith exclusive rights to all movies
nobody else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

the milk machine posted:

give kevin smith the dc universe so he can finally kill off the whole thing imo

It's funny that in one of the Kevin Smith Q&A movies he talks about how "his version" of Batman would just be Batman and Robin talking about blowjobs instead of any kind of action and those are the superhero movies people want to see now, movies where they're doing ANYTHING but actually doing Hero stuff. Give us Peacemaker, give us Deadpool, just don't give us two guys shooting colored light at each other

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I thought it had been established that the Always Sunny actors would be the best fit for the Fantastic Four, but I guess America is not ready for an Iranian heroine.

Fantastic Four is being directed by a guy who directed more than forty episodes of Always Sunny.

the milk machine posted:

i remember kind of liking smith's Red State

Clerks is ok-to-good in a "these amateurs managed to make a movie" kind of way

i can't really tolerate the rest of his stuff. maybe Mallrats was ok? haven't revisited it

Mallrats is a decent raunchy teen comedy from a time when there weren't many raunchy teen comedies. Dogma was never good.

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

KirbyKhan posted:

Buck was a very tone setting character. I should go back to Kill Bill.

I've been watching Blue Eyed Samurai this week and it is good, actually. Like the politics are surprisingly lite for a show about killing every white man in Japan. It is gratuitous, delightfully so. The violence is sublime and the nudity is shocking while not being sexual 30% of the time. Sometimes people just need a Ninja Scrolls to light their imagination on fire and delight the senses.

I finished episode 4. The internet says episode 5 is the finest television released this year. The plot building up to it got me hype.

If I'm remembering episode 5 correctly, it is one hell of an episode.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

The clerks cartoon was alright

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

smith has never made a film that wasnt absolute garbage at every level

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

smith has never made a film that wasnt absolute garbage at every level

Clerks was pretty good

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Clerks was pretty good

wrong

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back was great and everybody who says it licks balls are in fact the ball lickers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2NHTRgH3G0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuBWbpTJRqk

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

the closest thing to a watchable movie Smith ever made was the one where a podcaster gets turned into a walrus and thats only because its completely deranged

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

i mean on an "it funny" level

Ted Wassanasong
Apr 8, 2020

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

The clerks cartoon was alright

Its still the best Clerks.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Whirling posted:

If I'm remembering episode 5 correctly, it is one hell of an episode.

The crab dancing mass feet severing scene is one of the most hooting and hollering scene of 2023.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

the closest thing to a watchable movie Smith ever made was the one where a podcaster gets turned into a walrus and thats only because its completely deranged

Yeah, that poo poo owned. I saw that at an art house theater and people were just dazed coming out of that film. It's foreal about a dude who turns another dude into a walrus.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I gotta get back to Blue Eye Samurai. Video games take up so much of my solo leisure time, that's the problem

Ted Wassanasong posted:

Its still the best Clerks.

absolutely

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

KirbyKhan posted:

Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back was great and everybody who says it licks balls are in fact the ball lickers.

:hmmyes:

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Blood Boils posted:

I can't get over how they wasted Namor

Marvel's greatest hater, reduced to begging Wakandorks for an alliance smh

did they even shout out "a dog, a barrel"?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

KirbyKhan posted:

applesauce bitch

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
Jason mewes looks like absolute poo poo these days, don’t do drugs kids

Fighting Elegy
Jan 2, 2007
I do not masturbate; I FIGHT!

glad to hear I'm not the only one who didn't regret watching this.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
kevin smith thinks he invented new jersey

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Xaris posted:

he can still get 90 people watching him play fortnite on twitch

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Al! posted:

kevin smith thinks he invented new jersey

he did

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

why do they all dress up like spidermans if there is no spiderman in madame spiderman

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
its called cosplay

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

it turns out no one knows enough about new jersey to determine if this is true or not

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

i liked chasing amy

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
chase seen gay me

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

bug chasing amy

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Xaris posted:

lordy he looks like old alchy Rust Cohle.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

KirbyKhan posted:

absolutely 100% the best Kevin smith film

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

watching loudermilk and goddamn do i love how this show puts the situation into situation comedy

finally a show that makes recovering alcoholics seem like regular weirdos like the rest of us instead of super special snowflake weirdos i appreciate this sitcoms approach to materialist dialectics instead of mere fetishism

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Against all odds, I am running out of stuff to watch.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Kevin Smith is The Jersey Devil

its why he wears jerseys all the time

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Action Jacktion posted:

Fantastic Four is being directed by a guy who directed more than forty episodes of Always Sunny.

Matt Shakman expressed excitement for directing the Fantastic Four reboot, citing his love for the space race era and the belief that any problem can be solved with the right heart, mind, and technology.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The Fantastic Four did great when they called it The Incredibles. There's nothing unfilmable or inherently flawed about it, as long as you remember it's about a goofy superhero family with the stick in the mud dad, rowdy kid and big goofy uncle.

Though also Doctor Doom. They need to get Doom right. Especially since the MCU desperately needs actual supervillains.

loquacius posted:

Movies I liked as a kid/teen that held up surprisingly well on recent rewatch included Kill Bill (just imagine that The Bride is a satire of comic book characters and her overdramatic dialogue suddenly makes sense) and Monty Python and the Holy Grail (if you just, like, appreciate the jokes as jokes and taking the movie as what it is rather than treating it like some kind of comedy bible and trying to like memorize it or whatever like I did when I was 13)

Kill Bill has airplanes with katana holders by the seats. It's not a movie you're meant to take seriously. It's basically a (mostly) live action anime.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Though also Doctor Doom. They need to get Doom right. Especially since the MCU desperately needs actual supervillains.
Doctor Doom is Putin.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Doctor Doom is Putin.

Doctor Doom is what all the propaganda says Putin is.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Some Guy TT posted:

watching loudermilk and goddamn do i love how this show puts the situation into situation comedy

finally a show that makes recovering alcoholics seem like regular weirdos like the rest of us instead of super special snowflake weirdos i appreciate this sitcoms approach to materialist dialectics instead of mere fetishism

I've always disliked Brian Regan's stage shtick so imagine my surprise when he was putting in A-level character work there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

Matt Shakman expressed excitement for directing the Fantastic Four reboot, citing his love for the space race era and the belief that any problem can be solved with the right heart, mind, and technology.

wtf, its gonna be like that movie charlie day tried to make and sucked