Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I might be talking out of my rear end here, but when there is a good possibility of encountering bears, it behooves one to prepare for the worst-case scenario of such an encounter. "Only attacks if you're between it and its cubs" yeah OK well I don't have a "are you between a bear and its cubs" radar so...

First off, you only need a bear cub detector

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I would simply be aware of my surroundings

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Aware? In this economy?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
if you have a hard time locating bears in your area just log in to grindr.com

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Pretty sure they'll also attack if they're really hungry or you kick them in the balls.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
You can pet the bear cubs if you're quick enough

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

you can pet the bear cubs, but only once

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

World War Mammories posted:

you can pet the bear cubs, but only once

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Cerebral Bore posted:

if you have a hard time locating bears in your area just log in to grindr.com

you probably want scruff actually

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

i would simply defeat the bear in hand to hand combat, like The Revenant

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

fuckin lol

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

:catstare:

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
I would simply choose to be stronger than the bear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FErYyPMbllI

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Dokapon Findom posted:

I would simply choose to be stronger than the bear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FErYyPMbllI

I would be marine Einstein.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

the UK having to withdraw a warship from the red sea after 3 drone attacks because they were out of ammo

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

https://twitter.com/jairbolsonaro/status/1329113457694830597

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

these days he's so deformed due to his various maladies that he actually kinda looks like that.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

dr_rat posted:

Or the bear just thinks you look like a real rear end in a top hat who just needs to get got.

Yeah there was a really messed up story about a guy who moved with his wife & infant kid to a remote part of Canada. He was out wandering around and saw a grizzly bear family hanging out so he killed the mother & the cub. The next day he went out searching for the father bear and when he got home he found out that the father bear had come over and killed his wife & kid. So he went out with his gun the next day and killed the father bear and then gave up the wilderness life and returned to civilization. I suppose it's possible there were actually no bears at all he ran into and that was just his excuse, but who knows? Only the crazy mountain dude.

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer

sullat posted:

Yeah there was a really messed up story about a guy who moved with his wife & infant kid to a remote part of Canada. He was out wandering around and saw a grizzly bear family hanging out so he killed the mother & the cub. The next day he went out searching for the father bear and when he got home he found out that the father bear had come over and killed his wife & kid. So he went out with his gun the next day and killed the father bear and then gave up the wilderness life and returned to civilization. I suppose it's possible there were actually no bears at all he ran into and that was just his excuse, but who knows? Only the crazy mountain dude.

Male bears just leave after mating and don't stick around to care for the cub so that dude absolutely murdered his family and got away with it

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

The male grizzly was mad he killed the mother and cubs first

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
A.wild animal avenging the deaths of its family by killing the family members of the original killer is the plot of Jaws 4, the worst of the Jaws movies.

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

george santos

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

America's greatest legal mind?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVlOLfkqMgA

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Feinstein starting fund raising for her reelection campaign like one year ago.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
feinstein is dead

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Echo Chamber posted:

feinstein is dead

Does that hamper senators ability to fundraise these days?

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Jackbooted tots

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
and now those jackbooted tots are probably mostly still alive unless a school shooting got them. who's laughing now, feinstein?

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Russia is represented by a bear, an actual powerful strong and dangerous animal that is also pretty intelligent.

America is represented by a bald eagle, a creature dumb enough to drown itself trying to catch too large of a fish.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Animal-Mother posted:

America is represented by a bald eagle, a creature dumb enough to drown itself trying to catch too large of a fish.
Sounds like they picked the most American animal.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
Also the bald eagle doesn't sound like everyone thinks it does, it sounds like a complete goober.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
most American animal one would be one that can’t stop eating until it dies

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

hadji murad posted:

The ortolan I guess then.

Clowner
Dec 13, 2006

Further in

hadji murad posted:

America can feel free to be represented by my dog in that case, I guess

Meat Miracle
Oct 24, 2010

hadji murad posted:

Still the bald eagle baby

https://www.npr.org/2008/01/14/18086928/20-eagles-die-30-recovering-after-feeding-frenzy

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Benagain posted:

Also the bald eagle doesn't sound like everyone thinks it does, it sounds like a complete goober.

I have no idea what a bald eagle is supposed to sound like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Like a reindeer