Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
'member 2019 when we still thought silksong was coming out?

edit: oof page snipe I'm sorry.

Have a bapanada.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I'm pretty sure we had a look before, I remember the test build!

E: lol got by the dates too

No Dignity fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Feb 14, 2024

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Happy 5th anniversary, thread.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I've been playing lone fungus and I can't tell if it's harder than hallow knight, or if there are just like 6 movement buttons that you have to press and it's overly complicated to platform

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
You'll all be sorry when Silksong comes out and it turns out Team Cherry created an entirely new language so the game could have full voice acting in bug speak.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Judge Tesla posted:

You'll all be sorry when Silksong comes out and it turns out Team Cherry created an entirely new language so the game could have full voice acting in bug speak.

Shh. That's confidential.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
My games schedule is currently rammed between the psychotic endgame grind in Granblue Fantasy Relink and the impending releases of - within a one month window - Splatoon 3 Side Order, FFVII Rebirth, Unicorn Overlord, Rise of the Ronin and Dragon's Dogma 2. For the first time since this day five years ago, there is a Nintendo Direct on the horizon and I earnestly do not want them to drop Silksong. Therefore, I can state with absolute certainty that Silksong will be released tomorrow.

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Fedule posted:

For the first time since this day five years ago, there is a Nintendo Direct on the horizon and I earnestly do not want them to drop Silksong. Therefore, I can state with absolute certainty that Silksong will be released tomorrow.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Fedule posted:

My games schedule is currently rammed between the psychotic endgame grind in Granblue Fantasy Relink and the impending releases of - within a one month window - Splatoon 3 Side Order, FFVII Rebirth, Unicorn Overlord, Rise of the Ronin and Dragon's Dogma 2. For the first time since this day five years ago, there is a Nintendo Direct on the horizon and I earnestly do not want them to drop Silksong. Therefore, I can state with absolute certainty that Silksong will be released tomorrow.

man i feel this, because did i ever pick a bad time to start god of war ragnarok a few weeks ago as the game to tide me over before FFVIIR2 because good god this game just does not end and i had been hoping to finally get into finishing dragon's dogma in between GOW/FF7 and that's obviously not happening now

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
I gotta get Ragnarok. Really enjoyed the reboot. But I almost feel like I need to do a lap through the reboot to remember all the stuff they set up.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
If you liked GoW 2018 you will almost definitely like GoW: Ragnarok too, but it's the closest I've ever come to feeling a video game sequel is just the infinite-donut-hell machine from The Simpsons because there is So Much Game. I'm like 35 hours in and just got to YET ANOTHER side-quest mini-hub that will take me off the main story path for several hours. (It's also a game that profoundly loves wasting your time with long walk and talks between every single thing you do but your mileage will vary on if that's a positive or negative thing.)

in that way, it is what i want silksong to be to hollow knight actually

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I think Silksong should be shorter than Hollow Knight :twisted:

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
If a game is never released, is it short (nothing to play) or long (unlimited possibilities)? Philosophers have grappled with this question for generations.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
We wouldn't have this problem if Silksong had been released episodically.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Judge Tesla posted:

We wouldn't have this problem if Silksong had been released episodically.

Tell that to Deltarune fans.

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

Snake Maze posted:

If a game is never released, is it short (nothing to play) or long (unlimited possibilities)? Philosophers have grappled with this question for generations.

Bapanada

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Silksong is canceled due to the devs contracting Apathy Syndrome from Persona 3. Very sad

Anti-Tachyon
Oct 25, 2010

Snake Maze posted:

BapaNaNda

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
4 months away from 2 years late.

With no real updates during that time.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
If the devs read this thread they'd have mercy and cancel it already

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

No Dignity posted:

I think Silksong should be shorter than Hollow Knight :twisted:

i mean i wouldn't want it to be, like, 8 hours on a casual blind playthrough but there's a lot of wiggle room between "too short / too small" and "as big as Hollow Knight"

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Silksong will be a linear action game. Tbe classicvania to Hollow Knights metroidvania

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

i can't believe hollow knight silksong was turned into a card battler roguelike

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://x.com/dailysilksong/status/1757869515226988568?s=46

Everyone happy now?

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

i haven't been happy in years :smith:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

More like hardly working on the game!!! Haha

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

More like hardly working on the game!!! Haha

We don't need that kind of negativity here.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Date of post conspicuously absent.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

C-Euro posted:

Date of post conspicuously absent.
It's from Today

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I went and joined the server to get a screenshot with a timestamp.

Date and time are CST.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

i heard the source code has been sealed in a blue barrel and dumped in the basement of an old bank

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

smashing

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

https://twitter.com/DailySilksong/status/1758501579252973778?t=cJmgpu2LN1FoSvpkOXBsWw&s=19

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Let's loving Go.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

It’s happening!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

And detractors claim Team Cherry doesn't do any marketing.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Big!

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Weird how they waited until just after Chinese New Year to do that :thunk:

It's almost as if Silksong is actually a PRC psyop :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Ceyton posted:

Weird how they waited until just after Chinese New Year to do that :thunk:

It's almost as if Silksong is actually a PRC psyop :thunk:

I mean Hornet is red sooooooo