Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
drat I was gonna say you gotta give kids a pass for saying dumb poo poo on social media but he was in his 20s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Ya when it came out he immediately deleted his twitter.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
gotta wait to see if Trivino is any good. if he is, just never acknowledge it, if he's bad then pretend to take a moral stand like when Chapman finally became bad

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Its not even his first stint with the Yankees!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Wow mcmagic taking the rare L - never thought I'd ever see it.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Turning instead to relievers who are not shitheads (at least to my knowledge):

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1757834633046339802

If he doesn't end up signing and finishes his rehab without issue, he'd be a hell of a stretch-run wildcard for competing teams to add.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Why would anyone care about the 8th guy in a bullpen? The astros made a nazi the highest paid RP of all time.

Intruder posted:

gotta wait to see if Trivino is any good. if he is, just never acknowledge it, if he's bad then pretend to take a moral stand like when Chapman finally became bad

lies

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

"they're paying their shithead way more than we are so clearly we're the good guys!"

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

mcmagic posted:

Why would anyone care about the 8th guy in a bullpen? The astros made a nazi the highest paid RP of all time.

lies

Ahh so you don't have to be upset cause he's not that important, at least not as important as Verdugo or Stroman.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Ahh so you don't have to be upset cause he's not that important, at least not as important as Verdugo or Stroman.

I'm well known for defending the Yankees around here, right?

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Am I the only one who can’t see Lou Trivino’s name without their brain changing it to Lee Carvallo’s (putting challenge)

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

mcmagic posted:

I'm well known for defending the Yankees around here, right?

Am I supposed to take that in any way other than "every time I call out another team's player for being a shithead understand that I'd defend him the very second he got traded to the yankees?"

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

There's a difference between "The Yankees aren't a serious team and people should be fired cause they never win" and "The Yankees continuously employ assaulters and racists and everyone should be fired".

Its all fine and good to hate Josh Hader, but its super fuckin gross to use that as a way to score points against a team you hate while not even mentioning (and hell even saying getting Verdugo could be a good thing!) the dudes in the clubhouse that the Yankees constantly bring in.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

TheFlyingLlama posted:

Am I supposed to take that in any way other than "every time I call out another team's player for being a shithead understand that I'd defend him the very second he got traded to the yankees?"

wtf are you talking about? i literally defended zero yankee shitheads. why would i know about tweets that their 8th guy in the bullpen had 5 years ago? i have literally not spent 12 seconds in my life thinking about lou trevino lol

this is just astro fan deflection as usual

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

mcmagic posted:

wtf are you talking about? i literally defended zero yankee shitheads. why would i know about tweets that their 8th guy in the bullpen had 5 years ago? i have literally not spent 12 seconds in my life thinking about lou trevino lol

You didn't need to know, but the response of "well he doesn't matter who cares" is pretty hosed!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/ShiDavidi/status/1758126674778960051

I do not consider that a "cool puzzle!"

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

mcmagic posted:

this is just astro fan deflection as usual

you have a braves and blue jays fan making GBS threads on you for your bad takes and it's astros fan deflection. lol, lmao even.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

ccubed posted:

The beatings will continue until morale improves:

https://twitter.com/insidehalos/status/1757857798451532248

Are there any other owners who had Mike Illitch's "gently caress it, it's only money" approach in his later years?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

tadashi posted:

Are there any other owners who had Mike Illitch's "gently caress it, it's only money" approach in his later years?

Cohen for the Mets to a certain extent, Seidler with the Padres but RIP, maaaaaaaaaybe the Rangers current ownership group.

The new CBA makes it pretty tough to just say "gently caress it" completely because of how you're penalized around the draft in addition to the taxes.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

The puzzle is you play IKF as the substitute and hope he only gets 200 PAs because he can't hit

Ofc it'll end in Biggio splitting time instead lol

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

You didn't need to know, but the response of "well he doesn't matter who cares" is pretty hosed!

One would think a player not mattering would make it easier to avoid associating with a known racist!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Intruder posted:

One would think a player not mattering would make it easier to avoid associating with a known racist!

What is worse? Paying a known racist 1 million or 95 million?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

mcmagic here to argue degrees of employing a racist

whatever makes you feel better about trivino lil buddy

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Intruder posted:

mcmagic here to argue degrees of employing a racist

astros fans have no argument other than "i know you are but what am i" like a 6 year old.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Arguing over which of the two lovely teams is less lovely? Sounds like the 2024 election! :dadjoke:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The Texas Rangers got their shithead reliever a ring and then he left

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Astros got Michael Brantley a ring before he retired :unsmith:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Intruder posted:

The Astros got Michael Brantley a ring before he exploded :unsmith:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Please be nice to the beautiful and perfect Michael Brantley

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/MikeTrout/status/1757611679356215301

The Shillville Meteor

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WjkS9WdCck

These guys do a 30 min podcast about every yankee player. lol. guess you have to fill time somehow.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/JakeDRill/status/1758148964178706532

Who do they think they are, the yankees!?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/JeffAgrest/status/1757814341485699182?t=6kt3OljsSz73T3Tg68XK1Q&s=19

They're calling it the cubspostingest thing of all time

Also Uni Watch demystifies the MLB jersey situation, explaining who between Nike and Fanatics makes decisions and product.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Better get that GIF ready

https://twitter.com/cespedesbbq/status/1758150369987682568?s=46&t=BHs6Pl38GJXGN2Y4xeriNA

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

GOMS

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Assigning guys to AA/AAA/MLB based on how racist they are

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

mp5 posted:

Assigning guys to AA/AAA/MLB based on how racist they are

Calling the rookie up to the majors for a cup of Black Rifle coffee

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Gerblederp posted:

Calling the rookie up to the majors for a cup of Black Rifle coffee

lol

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://twitter.com/Joelsherman1/status/1757828141106479334

Dang dude cannot catch a break.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Another Cashman banger trade.