Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Action Jacktion posted:

So what's the big secret monster going to be? They've already used Ghidrah and Mechagodzilla. Anguirus? Gigan? 1998 Godzilla?

An original do not steal legendary creation: ice Godzilla

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

(soundwaves warbling)

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Poor Gamera, he can't get anything more than a direct to Netflix movie these days.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Man that really REALLY looks dumb. Even for most monster movies.

Skull Island continues to be the only good western Kong movie (although PJ's holds a special place in my heart even though not being great).

And I think John C Reilly accounts for about 40% of the quality of that movie.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

As long as giant monsters are hucking buildings at eachother I am always gonna be in

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Godzilla 2014 leading up to this is pretty funny. Monsterverse goin all fast and furious owns.

FooF
Mar 26, 2010
That looks dire, and I love Godzilla

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That trailer was a little better but umm...

I guess this is what they want to do with it? The tooth gag is actually funny though. Not sure why Godzilla would be scared of anything after fighting and beating King G. It's certainly no Destroyah.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

This is the movie that will cause my wife to leave me

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Shimo was first revealed to fight Godzilla in Call of Duty Warzone, how could you have missed that?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

I hope Mothra is back

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

edogawa rando posted:

That looks so poo poo.

That looks so my poo poo.

G-III
Mar 4, 2001

No jet jaguar = no dice

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Fried Watermelon posted:

Shimo was first revealed to fight Godzilla in Call of Duty Warzone, how could you have missed that?

I hate that this reads like a joke but it’s not.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

G-III posted:

No jet jaguar = no dice

In the sky, a red sun shines
Jet Jaguar, Jet Jaguar! Our Jaguar!
When the Earth is in danger,
a strong punch to the bad guys
Godzilla and Jaguar punch, punch, punch!
He's everyone's friend of justice

If something happens, he'll set it straight
Jet Jaguar, Jet Jaguar! As expected, Jaguar!
The space monster isn't scary,
and the undersea monster is a fool
Like a storm, he blasts off

He's a robot made by humans, but
Jet Jaguar, Jet Jaguar! You did it, Jaguar!
Go, go to protect peace
We are all surprised at the courage you show
Don't cry, let's give it our all

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Every time I see trailers for this film, it just makes me want to see Godzilla Minus One again.

The trailers make it feel like like the most "and then we smashed our action figures together" film I've seen in a long time.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

G-III posted:

No jet jaguar = no dice

Matt Fraction, one of the EPs of the tv show, says he keeps pitching a Monsterverse Jet Jaguar but so far no joy.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Action Jacktion posted:

So what's the big secret monster going to be? They've already used Ghidrah and Mechagodzilla. Anguirus? Gigan? 1998 Godzilla?

Space Godzilla

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

ruddiger posted:

Space Godzilla

This is from the 100 year Godzilla book? I really liked it.

E: Half Century War

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yeah that’s Half Century War. Now they need to do Godzilla in Hell next.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Spoilers for Godzilla x Kong:

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Mordiceius posted:

Spoilers for Godzilla x Kong:

Kaiju street basketball tournament would be much more interesting than whatever the hell they're doing with the latest Kong x Godzilla flick. They're not going to be able to top the big MechaGodzilla showdown at the end of the previous one but maybe it'll have some entertaining action stuff.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Mr Hootington posted:

I hope Mothra is back

She is

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

BonoMan posted:

Man that really REALLY looks dumb. Even for most monster movies.

Skull Island continues to be the only good western Kong movie (although PJ's holds a special place in my heart even though not being great).

And I think John C Reilly accounts for about 40% of the quality of that movie.

Agreed

Turns out paying a bit more than lip service to the human plot makes for a better movie.

King of the Monsters was one of the worst cinema experiences I've had and I checked out from this series after that.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
King of Monsters was good, actually.

Godzilla 2014 remains the best monsterverse movie with Kong Skull Island right after

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
I love King of Monsters - it's the one most like the goofy old-school Toho Showa-era movies I grew up with.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

What are the Seatopians up to in the new Monsterverse, and what of the M Space Hunter Nebula? Maybe we'll get Megalon and Gigan teaming up again.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Kong Vs Mechagodzilla when

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1Csif5l_6c

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1xSGz54hiY

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

First time I'm seeing anything from the Monster verse other than Godzilla 2014 and this clip makes me wonder why they're jobbing Godzilla so much

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I thought that image was an open head wound of some kind at first

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Shageletic posted:

First time I'm seeing anything from the Monster verse other than Godzilla 2014 and this clip makes me wonder why they're jobbing Godzilla so much

He's exhausted at that point from fighting, and beating Kong the night before.

He's pissed off in that film because he can sense MechGodzilla being constructed. MechGodzilla is controlled by the manipulated psychic energy of Ghidorah, and Godzilla can tell humanity is loving around with something it shouldn't.

As soon as they turn on MechGodzilla Ghidorah's mind takes over, kills the human pilot, and goes on a revenge rampage against Godzilla. So it's basically an angry, resurrected Satan figure controlling a Mecha fighting a tired, bruised Godzilla.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
TV Trailer time:

X-Men 97

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv3Ss8o9gGQ

Looks cool, I mean the original series was great for me as a child! Definitely going after the nostalgia crowd.

the unabonger fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Feb 15, 2024

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Looks extremely cheap

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Slotducks posted:

Looks extremely cheap

Gonna quote myself from the MCU TV thread when someone said the original also looked bad, so that's on purpose.

thrawn527 posted:

This looks like a different kind of bad, though. Like, it has the same kind of 90's style, but the computer animated look of the recent DC animated movies, if that makes sense.

It's a visual design over the tech involved. I don't know if I'm describing it right, but it feels different. I know they weren't going to spin up a traditional animation studio for one show. But it definitely feels different.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

the unabonger posted:

TV Trailer time:

X-Men 97

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv3Ss8o9gGQ

Looks cool, I mean the original series was great for me as a child! Definitely going after the nostalgia crowd.

Whoever said this looks like a knockoff version was spot on. They seem to have landed the general aesthetic but it's just slightly off somehow. Curious how the voice acting matches up to the original show, it sounded pretty close to me but it's been ~20 years.

Can't lie hearing the theme still gets me hyped but even the allure of nostalgia can't disguise what a blatant cash grab this is. Wouldn't put it past them to have Deadpool (voiced by Ryan Reynolds) show up in this to maximize that sweet crossover promotion potential.

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

If the last show of that episode ends with them like "traveling to another dimension" or whatever and stepping out as the live actors who will play them in an upcoming movie I will blow up the loving sun, I swear to god

This would actually be cool so you can rest assured Marvel won't do it.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Is it too late to post a game trailer? You won't believe what type of game this is for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqeSGjCKV68

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Okay I watched it now tell me

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

The MSJ posted:

Is it too late to post a game trailer? You won't believe what type of game this is for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqeSGjCKV68
I love that “trailer” and it’s wild it was for a mobile game. Great little short film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

lol