Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Plutonis posted:

Sanji stocks UP UP UP Zoro Stocks DOWN DOWN DOWN Caribou stocks now a mystery?!
Saturn getting knocked away and just letting himself get touched is also pretty embarrassing if he's supposed to be a top-tier imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Arist posted:

New fraud dropped

His redemption arc is imminent, I'm sure.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
:staredog:

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Very good chapter

Booming Dawn Gatling is awesome. I love the gatling attacks, they're so good.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
the rocket boots must have light touching glove technology in them, since the gloves didnt come back

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

scary ghost dog posted:

the rocket boots must have light touching glove technology in them, since the gloves didnt come back

Don't be silly, Sanji doesn't need light touching boots, his heart burns so much stronger.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Sanji can block lasers now huh... I better get my rear end in a redemption arc... or I'm FINISHED.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Cariboy's master plan to infiltrate Pirate Island so he can get food to Luffy at a critical moment once the crew attacks... as expected of a Straw Hat Grand Fleet Commander.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

lol

copy
Jul 26, 2007

yeah he's getting redeemed! for twenty five cents with the other recyclable trash i'm taking out!

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Saturn is stunningly chill with these two, all things considered

like yeah he did eventually try to stab one of them but that was it

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
great ch

feels like something else is going to come up as they try and escape, otherwise this doesnt feel like an "incident"

im wondering if the final arcs will actually be shorter than we think. if blackbeard is trying to get into mary geoise, maybe he successfully overthrows imu and remains the main villain, and with the knowledge of the ancient weapons poses a worldwide threat.

also based on what saturn said, teach has to have some kind of weird science-y thing going on with his body that enables him to use two fruits, right? saturn knowing that feels weird unless he also experimented on BB maybe? or maybe hes just descendant of a very special people/person

rannum posted:

Saturn is stunningly chill with these two, all things considered

like yeah he did eventually try to stab one of them but that was it

[spoiler]his goal was vegapunk and i dont think he really understood what was going on with the BB pirates until after they warped away. hes not been super aggressive in general tbh. if he was he would have killed like four characters by now.[/spoiiler]

anime was right fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Feb 15, 2024

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

anime was right posted:

great ch

feels like something else is going to come up as they try and escape, otherwise this doesnt feel like an "incident"

They shot at and punched an Elder Star, lived through that, were being assisted directly by a thought-long-gone Giant pirate crew, overrode the Pacafistas, made Nika/Gear-5 even more public knowledge, probably stopping a buster call and are probably going to escape with at least one vegapunk assuming they dont all get blown up (itself a big incident)

It's also already in the news that the marines were doing an operation so you can only imagine Morgans losing his entire poo poo being able to report on all this

Seems pretty "incident"-y to me, and we haven't even gotten to the giant robot yet!

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Given that Devon was talking about pirate leadership, the established 'Xebec' link and his recent reappearance in the story I have to imagines the lineage thing is a link to Rocks. That Blackbeard is a son or a clone, or maybe inherited some critical idea or information from him.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Saturn getting knocked away and just letting himself get touched is also pretty embarrassing if he's supposed to be a top-tier imo

gently caress him he deserves to be clowned on

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Given that Devon was talking about pirate leadership, the established 'Xebec' link and his recent reappearance in the story I have to imagines the lineage thing is a link to Rocks. That Blackbeard is a son or a clone, or maybe inherited some critical idea or information from him.

blackbeard was born 1-2 years before god valley. so xebec having a kid right before then lines up chronologically

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
So will Devon get seraphim root access?

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Another absolute barn burner chapter from the god. Blessed be, peak fiction.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
my favorite panel in a loooooooooooooong time

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Sanji can block lasers now huh... I better get my rear end in a redemption arc... or I'm FINISHED.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Caribou joining Blackbeard would be massive. Doesn't he know the location of two of the great weapons?

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
absolutely epic chapter

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

tbp posted:

absolutely epic chapter

yeah, it's one piece in 2023-2024... what else is new!!

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

great ch!

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

tbp posted:

absolutely epic chapter
I was already stoked about Usopp calling the giants his masters and then things only went uphill from there

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Great chapter.

I really love Luffy's dialogue here, he's really getting into the spirit of being a living cartoon. He can only unleash his true power if it works as a punchline to a joke :allears:

Dumb powerscaling aside, the Zoro stuff is interesting. Lucci is trying to prey on his insecurities, and we haven't seen Zoro having those specific ones in the past. I think Lucci is just barking (or meowing) up the wrong tree, but it might also lead into some more stuff when they get to Elbaf.

Love that Oda included a short recap of the Little Garden stuff, I mean it was nearly one thousand chapters ago. Some readers may not have been alive when those were first published!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Absolutely wild chapter

this confirms in my mind that Blackbeard 100% is the final villain.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

"the world" makes me think that Blackbeard's final upgrade...will be taking Imu's power/fruit (if its a fruit)

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
so blackbeard's going to be some sort of 'special race' which is why he can use multiple fruits? that fits. could very well be rocks' son instead of just inheriting his will too

blackbeard's likely the one caribou wants to tell about the ancient weapons given that he idolises him? unless all this is a stunt to infiltrate blackbeard's crew to get information for like, crocodile or something lol

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I assume that Blackbeard is at least somewhat aware of Imu’s existence (and consequently, the Elders seem to know what the former’s deal is). So yeah, him staging a full scale coup on the WG definitely seems probable at this point

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

caribou is gonna mutiny against BB the way he was planning to against the fakehats, and will become the final boss. sorry elders and BB, but i'm on team caribou now

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

And Buggy will somehow become the true hero of the story by the end (or at least, accidentally wind up in a position where the world at large ends up giving him all the credit)

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

With Lucci once again bringing up the idea of leaving behind those who are expendable, I think that plot thread has to come into play soon. Saturn said near the start of the arc that CP-0 and Rob Lucci were expendable, and while I thought up until now that he would abandon or sacrifice Lucci, I think it might be the opposite now. I think with the Marines all retreating, things are being set up to have Kizaru make the decision to abandon Saturn for the mission. Maybe he scoops up Vegapunk to save him/capture him, or maybe he manages to capture York to make this incident not a complete failure.

Either way, I think Saturn will be left behind as the final enemy, and with everyone else gone, all of the Kuma Pacifistas will target him, and vaporize him completely.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Kaku will join the crew after Lucci abandons him

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Kizaru the Fraud

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Scholtz posted:

Ok yeah here goes:

There's no break next week.

what about bread tho?

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Came here to post this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.

given Shanks showing up during that incident, and Buggy, I wonder if someone else found a kid, someone dying but whose fruit could transfer consciousness.