Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truspeaker
Jan 28, 2009

I actually could use that for stupid reasons (I already have it all on console and want to be able to use strand on PC sometimes)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
:<
I feel like the price should be lower considering the state destiny is in.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Hackan Slash posted:

I am begging you to not start playing destiny

Done.

ptroll
Sep 8, 2011

$12 for everything but lightfall is pretty dang good, though lol that none of these include the dungeon keys as far as I can tell

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

ptroll posted:

$12 for everything but lightfall is pretty dang good, though lol that none of these include the dungeon keys as far as I can tell

There weren't dungeon keys for Beyond Light, Shadowkeep, or Forsaken, so you should be able to play the older 4 dungeons, but yeah, the newer 4 are a pretty major omission

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

haveblue posted:

There weren't dungeon keys for Beyond Light, Shadowkeep, or Forsaken, so you should be able to play the older 4 dungeons, but yeah, the newer 4 are a pretty major omission

The annual pass includes the dungeon key for that year, so if you get the $40 bundle with it you'll get Ghost of the Deep and Warlord's ruin. None of them come with Duality/Spire of the Watcher.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I hope they finally make a good dungeon

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Warlord's Ruin is good. Probably the best dungeon in the game so far.

Once you get the hang of doing the mechanics quickly Spire is enjoyable too.

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
I think Ghosts is pretty fun, I just wish they tweaked the boss shields a bit so your fireteam doesn’t have to run arbalest

edit: actually if they would make the first encounter shorter, that’d be great too

kurona_bright fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Feb 14, 2024

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The first encounter is very long and dull, and all the traversal segments are too. Ecthar and Simmurah are ok once everyone figured out how to minimize how long they take but the rest of the dungeon's just boring. I want Navigator but I can't be bothered to go get it

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Both of the Ghosts bosses have too much health, especially with the shield gimmick

Love the atmosphere and how it's a love letter/epilogue to the Taken King lore

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

haveblue posted:

Both of the Ghosts bosses have too much health, especially with the shield gimmick

Love the atmosphere and how it's a love letter/epilogue to the Taken King lore

I actually generally enjoy Ghosts, and it has some cool guns and armor. I think it suffers from being padded in every single part to extend the run time.

The first encounter should only require 3 statue dunks, and ideally they'd be doable simultaneously. This would mirror both later encounters, still allow solo'ing and learning while rewarding fireteams that know the encounter and can handle orange/yellow bars reliably solo.
The traversal sections... the underwater bit is kind of cool for a few seconds, but they're too long, and the fact bubbles are shared makes it too easy for one person to kill people on the team and send them back a significant amount of VERY SLOW MOVEMENT. Not sharing the bubbles is a huge help, and cutting out half of the descent and one of the under water on the ground sections would be a huge improvement.
The second encounter needs to lose the shield or a significant portion of the health. Having a large chunk of regenerating HP on the boss every damage phase while having a health bar that means most fireteams need at least 2 phases to do it is just un-fun.
The final boss encounter is a tough one for me, because I like all of the mechanics (minus the shield) individually, but together they're too much. Ditch the shield again, and I think the ideal choice is removing the deepsight part -- it wasn't required for the statues in the 2nd encounter, and it adds just that extra bit of frustration to the whole encounter without feeling like a victory when you overcome it.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I can't seem to get Tincture of Queensfoil to work; are Ascendant Chests disabled or something? I drink it and the buff activates, but the platforms don't appear.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Worked for me last week, are you sure you’re in the right place? There are 3 sets of chests that can be active depending on how cursed the city is

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Waffle House posted:

I can't seem to get Tincture of Queensfoil to work; are Ascendant Chests disabled or something? I drink it and the buff activates, but the platforms don't appear.

You have to be closer than you think for them to show up (they aren't always visible, just when you're in proximity), and they rotate weekly. This week's are Growing Curse chests if you're looking. I got the three in Rheasilvia, Chamber of Starlight, and the path to Rheasilvia from the spawn point.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Waffle House posted:

The DC is on a 3 week rotation, so if you're watching a video from last week, those chests won't be available again for another 2 weeks. There's 10 new ones available this week, and 10 others next week (I think it's 10 each?)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

EVGA Longoria posted:

The DC is on a 3 week rotation, so if you're watching a video from last week, those chests won't be available again for another 2 weeks. There's 10 new ones available this week, and 10 others next week (I think it's 10 each?)

Yes, there is one chest active in every zone of the destination (3 public spaces, 3 private spaces, 3 lost sectors, and the Confluence) and 3 possibilities for exactly where it is within them

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
A buff for Ex Dris on the horizon. I love that gun on my hunter :unsmith:.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!
The dungeons are all good but some are gooder than other's.

I got more of an appreciation of Ghosts doing a solo flawless. It's very difficult but also quite fast, you rarely have a moment to collect yourself before another problem crops up.

The travel times between encounters are long but I don't hate them.

4 dunks on encounter 1 is indefensible though, but I think other than that the first encounter is excellent.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Bungo posted:

Players enjoyed the Ex Diris Grenade Launcher for delivering on the Boomer Knight fantasy, but ultimately it just wasn’t hitting hard enough in PvE to be a top-tier pick. Fortunately, this was easy to address by bumping the damage and rate of fire.

Ex Diris
Increased impact damage against PvE enemies by 50%.
Detonation damage is unaffected, so the total damage increase works out to be around 20% (varying by target type).
Increased the maximum rate of fire by 17%.

:sickos:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

We can get rid of Fighting Lion now.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

we're also throwing mytholcast in thr trash

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
The best dungeons were Whisper of the Worm and Zero Hour.

All the actual dungeons have a segment that's overlong or tedious (haven't played the newest one, it could buck the trend).

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Not looking forward to all Crucible being Checkmate/D2Y1

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

crucible already sucks who cares if it sucks in a different way for awhile

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

RBA Starblade posted:

Not looking forward to all Crucible being Checkmate/D2Y1

Yeah this kinda sounds like a Go Slow update

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
I really feel that the pace of supers in current crucible is slow enough that a further reduction is unnecessary.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Did Cold Comfort just get taken to a nice farm upstate where it can run around all day?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Paracelsus posted:

Did Cold Comfort just get taken to a nice farm upstate where it can run around all day?

Sounds more like a cold ditch in North Jersey...

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

We can get rid of Fighting Lion now.

why do you hate me ):

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Spire of the Watchman is the only Dungeon with more Good than Bad

Ghosts is some of the worst content in the franchise other than the first time you (finally) make it to the end boss and see ya boy. But sheesh, all three encounters are genre-defining Bad Gameplay

Moon Hive Dungeon (forget name) and Shattered Throne are ok. They were cool at launch, haven't aged well, but most significant is that Bungie forgot to add dungeon loot pools to them

I haven't done Warlord's Ruin but I like the sound of the special ammo sidearms. Bungie is not afraid to put powerful & uniquely best-in-slot gear in the paid dungeons, and honestly good on them for it. Pay 2 win is bad but Pay 2 earn and then later win is perfectly valid

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Ghosts is some of the worst content in the franchise other than the first time you (finally) make it to the end boss and see ya boy. But sheesh, all three encounters are genre-defining Bad Gameplay

I think Ghosts 2nd encounter is really good, and Ghosts 3rd is good as long as you're not doing it solo. The only part I REALLY don't like is the regenerating shield

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Prophecy is still the best dungeon. Three solid encounters, no annoying travel sections, and the best emblem and some of the best visuals in the game.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Watching guides and gameplay of Ghost REALLY made me never want to even attempt that. My friends and I play pretty casually, and that dungeon looks like it would just suck any and all fun out of us.

Now that I think about it, thd only dungeons we ever did were Shattered Throne, Duality and the cowboy hat one that I forget the name of. After we did them we never had the urge to do them again. We love Destiny a lot, but yeah, dungeons are not that fun for us :smith:.

Fake edit: We did prophecy as well, and that was ok :unsmith:.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Rainbow Road suuuuuuuuuuucks!!!!!!!! (Mostly because I suck at driving sparrow)

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
grasp of avarice is pretty great, the only aggressively lovely part is the servitor soccer section

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Spire of the Watchman is the only Dungeon with more Good than Bad

Moon Hive Dungeon (forget name) and Shattered Throne are ok. They were cool at launch, haven't aged well, but most significant is that Bungie forgot to add dungeon loot pools to them

I haven't done Warlord's Ruin but I like the sound of the special ammo sidearms. Bungie is not afraid to put powerful & uniquely best-in-slot gear in the paid dungeons, and honestly good on them for it. Pay 2 win is bad but Pay 2 earn and then later win is perfectly valid

It's mostly that Grasp of Avarice set the standard for dungeons having an unique armor set, 4 new weapons, and an associated exotics. (But more importantly, paid content.) Shattered Throne and Pit of Heresy (Moon) were both the first forays into that content, and were basically bonuses for their respective expansions, so I'm a bit more forgiving of them for lacking loot pools (but they really should go back and update them.) Prophecy is a bit of an odd ball since it was free, had a unique loot pool via redone Trials of Nine guns, but no exotic.

I wouldn't say Ghosts is the worst content in the franchise, there's a lot of cool stuff in that dungeon, but it's peak boneheaded balancing, following the trend of Duality and Spire in trying to ramp up the difficulty to meet the game's current meta and player damage output, just completely showing an inability to even to try to design around the "well meta."

Thankfully, Warlord's Ruin is a big breath of fresh air, doesn't feel overtuned outside of some stuff hitting a bit too hard for my tastes, and just shows much better boss design where there's a lot more forced movement, and a little less "melts your face off while you're trying to do damage."

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Reiterpallasch posted:

grasp of avarice is pretty great, the only aggressively lovely part is the servitor soccer section

I think what bothers me about most dungeons is that they all have (at least) one section that's like, "This is really tedious and unpleasant!". Which is consistent enough that it makes it feel by design...

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Rainbow Road suuuuuuuuuuucks!!!!!!!! (Mostly because I suck at driving sparrow)

u hav legs. u can walk...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
So tedious and unpleasant!

But for real, I think they incorporate one sucky take-too-long bit into each dungeon on purpose. For what reason, I'm not exactly sure. To make farming less prevalent? Even though they chose to make dungeons farmable? Who knows.