Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
I just think Corwin brings a lot of soul to the group. A hidden gem for too long

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Chakan posted:

It is endlessly funny to me that when he needs to be a hater, Tim will pull out proper knowledge of music theory. It's less of a thing this time, but he still was quick to say that Ride with the Devil sounded like generic pop on the radio. There was an oscar special or something where he ripped into someone for their chord progression.

I love the moments of clarity Tim has where he's competent and smart. It'd be great to see a prequel of On Cinema before Tim's tumors made him insane

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

What we know about Tim at the start of the show:

- He's on his second marriage but his wife is apparently trying to kill him
- He has a son from his previous marriage he doesn't have a relationship with

I think that might be it?

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Doltos posted:

I love the moments of clarity Tim has where he's competent and smart. It'd be great to see a prequel of On Cinema before Tim's tumors made him insane

It's no- it's not a tumor.

Cognac McCarthy posted:

What we know about Tim at the start of the show:

- He's on his second marriage but his wife is apparently trying to kill him
- He has a son from his previous marriage he doesn't have a relationship with

I think that might be it?

He's a goldbug at the end of the podcast for like one episode because of the 2012 election. After a bunch of episodes that are 70 seconds of "hey we watched a movie it was good" it lands perfectly.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

ChesterJT posted:

If you give it a few listens you'll pick up that there's some subtle jabs at Tim in there.

Do you think that maybe Tim is the 'devil' in Ride With the Devil? Its something Ive been thinking about a lot recently, but I don't know if anyone else is getting the same vibe

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

nikosoft posted:

Do you think that maybe Tim is the 'devil' in Ride With the Devil? Its something Ive been thinking about a lot recently, but I don't know if anyone else is getting the same vibe

Corwin is the one driving in the video I think they are talking about him being the devil cause he's a cool rock and roll guy

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Try reading this paragraph from Gregg's wikipedia page in one go without messing up.

In the early 1990s, Turkington operated the Amarillo Records label, which released works by many artists from San Francisco's post-punk avant-garde music scene. He was a member of The Easy Goings, Totem Pole of Losers and the Zip Code Rapists (with John Singer). He collaborated with Trey Spruance of Mr. Bungle in The Three Doctors, Faxed Head (with James Goode, Trey Spruance, and Phil Franklin), Secret Chiefs 3, Colonel Truth (with Brandan Kearney and Rebecca G. Wilson) and The Bon Larvis Band. Many of these bands appeared on 1996's Amarillo Records compilation CD, You Gan’t Boar Like An Eabla When You Work With Turkrys, along with the likes of Sun City Girls, Thinking Fellers Union Local 282, U.S. Saucer, Harvey Sid Fisher, Dieselhed, and Church of Satan founder Anton Szandor LaVey. He was also a tour manager for both Link Wray and Mr. Bungle. He contributed lead vocals to two tracks by the Secret Chiefs 3.[5]

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

You must be mistaken. Gregg has never cared about music.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
It was the early 90s, bands were all about tapes then

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

I know a guy who exchanges records with gregg in the mail, and OC gregg is definitely a funhouse mirror of his very real encyclopedic knowledge and physical media obsession. you can see a lot of OC gregg in neil hamburger's hyper-specific references sometimes

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I forgot about the G. Amato Lotto. I bought so many tickets and didn't win.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
G. Amato on IMDB has a casting reel that is about mercy:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm10397503/?ref_=tt_cl_t_1

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
NO YOU ARE BREAKING MY IMMERSION

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Salt Fish posted:

G. Amato on IMDB has a casting reel that is about mercy:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm10397503/?ref_=tt_cl_t_1

I could hear the video playing after I closed every program on my phone. I had to power off to make it stop.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
i do love the music of reggae

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

ALFbrot posted:

Unfortunately, Toni is about to be killed in a carjacking gone wrong. Crazy world out there

Not too far off!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
"I know he has guns because I left all mine there"

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Joey P missing and the Newman family suffers an accident in their home from a home invasion. So many unlucky events follow T. Amato around, his resilience is astounding.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
What was Joe referencing about the last time he saw La Roux?

insideoutsider
Aug 31, 2003

You want a van? I get you a van.
LaRoux, barely audible, saying "He's a good kid" got me really good.

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

the days of darkness are upon us - Matt in the hospital, Joey MIA, Dekkar moving on without Tim, Tim getting testy with Judge Joe ... the Oscer special is going to be off-the-charts

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Salt Fish posted:

"I haven't seen you since the sizzler, uh..."

I don't know!

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!
https://x.com/CarterNixon/status/1757570498450592105?s=20

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Salt Fish posted:

iirc he confronted Joe in the parking lot when he was doing those class action lawsuit ads for the electric sun music festival

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I wish Judge Joe would be a little less even handed and get some conviction. He's slipping dangerously into corrupt territory, might as well have Rosetti the Rat on the panel soon.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
visit amatom.com to secure your tickets now

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

MacheteZombie posted:

God I lost it at this

Also at Gregg talking about a-a-a-a... a little ... stick to break up the spiderweb, so the spider can't get the ant

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

Ingmar terdman posted:

I know a guy who exchanges records with gregg in the mail, and OC gregg is definitely a funhouse mirror of his very real encyclopedic knowledge and physical media obsession. you can see a lot of OC gregg in neil hamburger's hyper-specific references sometimes

He is really obsessed with records, I drove him around new Orleans and he spent most of the time talking about them

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
gregs hair this episode

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

derp posted:

gregs hair this episode

he was peacocking for kailee

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
yes, haha, omg kailee is too nice, i love it, i love how awkward this is going to become. she literally seemed so genuine and interested in the previous episodes i actually fell for it but oh no this is going to be such a good bit

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

MacheteZombie posted:

Funniest line of the episode. God drat.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I love mopey Gregg’s all black movie attire.

u_s_eh
Feb 19, 2005

I AM ALL I AM NONE
I think both Neil Hamburger and Dengue Fever are on Office Hours today.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

derp posted:

yes, haha, omg kailee is too nice, i love it, i love how awkward this is going to become. she literally seemed so genuine and interested in the previous episodes i actually fell for it but oh no this is going to be such a good bit

Same. Her not being at all interested is totally the funnier way to go with it though, I hadn’t even considered the possibility

duomo
Oct 9, 2007

Soiled Meat
this week's podcast is a real popcorn classic

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
one detail I love is how "President Davison" in Decker has Joe Estevez's exact personality

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

Cheen posted:

He is really obsessed with records, I drove him around new Orleans and he spent most of the time talking about them

one Neil Hamburger album I really love is called "Still Dwelling", which is a collection of covers meant to resemble those weird novelty albums guys like William Shatner would do. you know, the ones that are really densely orchestrated and clearly involve a number of professionals but still revolve around the esoteric vocals of a person who really cannot sing, but often overcompensate in a way that's legitimately memorable and entertaining. this album absolutely nails it and in fact is probably better than any of the things it's actually parodying. it's a joke concept but they take it very seriously. it rules.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
zip code rapists is a fun band. caroliner rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Some heinetwork.tv highlights if you missed them:

Joey's Corner a new series by Joey P:
https://www.heinetwork.tv/article/joeys-corner-being-co-host-of-on-cinema-has-been-a-blast/

Baboon Money Lost:
https://www.heinetwork.tv/article/lost-jamiroque-hat-found/

Gregg's new blog "Movie Time" has 2 articles:
https://www.heinetwork.tv/movie-time/

Deck of Cards now out on VHS
https://oncinema.merchtable.com/media/deck-of-cards-vhs