Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Tiger, Tiger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

cant cook creole bream posted:

This actually made me look up the safety precautions for eating raw oysters.
Apparently (at least in the EU) you're only allowed to sell them if they're still alive by the time they end on the plate. You can tell because the oyster is actively clamping together with it's own strenght. If they open easily, it's not safe for raw consumption. Also, they are supposed to shiver a bit if you put lemon on them, because they're not quite dead from opening the shell. Eating still living things feels weird to me.

But honestly, this actually made me want to eat some.

Status report: I just ate a raw oyster. It was indeed still alive and the vendor at the fish market opened it up for me.
It tasted mostly of salt water, which shouldn't be surprising because that's like 95 percent of what's in those shells, but it left a pleasant aftertaste which lasted a while.
Let's see if Noro gets me now.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Lavender Jack

:suspense:

I find this scene really striking and compelling. On a surface level it's pretty much a stock villain moment, but it seems more sad than angry; when she says "show them who we really are" it's as much an admission of shame as it is a declaration of defiance. She honestly wanted to think they were somehow better than this, that the lie they presented to the world was true. She wanted to be brutal like a king, not brutal like a thug, and while she of all people understands very well just how much overlap there is between the two the distinction still meant something to her and now it's been taken away.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Kill Six Billion Demons

Alt: gog-agog is a pure believer in kayfabe, she will ALWAYS commit to the bit

quote:

Worm God

Alt: The Leviathan Revue

quote:

“Once, a long time ago, in my youth, I served as a caravan guard crossing the deserts of Qeen, a trip of around a half turn all in all, crossing through the kings road. I made the crossing about four or five times – the men in that caravan were hardened and bolstered by both youth and good, boisterous courage, fed by the frequent clashes with bandits, desert beasts, and other hazards that the crossing was known for.

One night we stayed in an errant ruin to shelter from a sandstorm. There was something about the place that set the hackles ablaze with ill feeling. Thorough examination of the area presented nothing, but into many of the stones of that place we found a curious marking – a single indentation, coiled and sinuous, as though something had been sealed in there, inside the stone itself, perhaps for millennia. Though we could not explain how, each man of that expedition, and there were fifty something of them, reacting almost instinctively with almost violent repulsion. Without any reason to think so, we somehow knew what had been encased in that stone was older than time itself.

We lost three men in the sandstorm trying to escape that place, but given no other quarter, we had no choice but to bivouac there. It was one of the most harrowing and uneventful nights of my career. The company parted soon after. We lost the stomach for the work.”

– Graves, belligerent knight

It's your old pal, God Agog^Gog Agog

SOUBOUTEI
MUST
BE
DESTROYED

Souboutei must be destroyed: 15 (+3)
Debatably "I'll destroy all of them" should include Souboutei but I'm not going to count that one

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Two wholesome boys to brighten your day

Nick & Lever here again to chase away those winter blues with some summer themed fun!

Chapter 45 (mislabelled as 43): Hut of Horror

We're bugs!

Chapter 46: Buffet's Open (Featuring Nick's sweet rear end convertible!)

I can only imagine what a nightmare it would be to translate and then typeset everything on display here, I think the translator made the right choice in translating just one to get the joke across.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Keep them Blues away boys!

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Isn't megg mogg n owl supposed to have a new volume out soonish?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Kennel posted:

Tiger, Tiger

Dunno how I'd feel about sailing on a ship that had a representation of my Grandma's tits being out.

By popular demand posted:

Keep them Blues away boys!

I like how their futons have abs.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Lunar Maladies

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Emzedoh posted:

Something I happened upon yesterday and kinda liked: Chana Tower

Finally caught up on this and : dang, it's good, if someone wants to post it I'll grab it off of webtoons.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Lt. Danger posted:

Allison leapt with all her might to the very end of the universe. There, finding only a vast red plain and a single colossal pillar, she signed her name "Great Sage Equal to Heaven" and jumped back to Throne. "See, Jagganoth," she cried, "I have escaped your hog!"

lol

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

fritz posted:

Finally caught up on this and : dang, it's good, if someone wants to post it I'll grab it off of webtoons.

It is indeed good. My plate is full at present, though.

One Day Outing Foreman chapter 27: Silent Message

Ootsuki used to wear a suit to work, I wonder what he did?

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Velvet Gewgaw

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

SimonChris posted:

Velvet Gewgaw

Looks more like place XVI to me! it is a tarot card joke

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that
Prince Valiant in the Days of King Arthur (Sept 9-16, 1945)

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Sludge Knight: Ms. Rimon Part Two

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
Blasphemous Saga Fantasy, or...

DAGGER
MUST
BE
DESTROYED

(Unfortunately, Dagger was not destroyed.)

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

best thread

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Round and Round

...so yes, that is in fact the end of Round and Round, but not the end of the goofy/cute Metroid 4komas, because there was a bit more of it in that volume of Game Comics by other artists. More on that tomorrow!

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

loving perfect lmao

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!

KennyMan666 posted:

Round and Round

...so yes, that is in fact the end of Round and Round, but not the end of the goofy/cute Metroid 4komas, because there was a bit more of it in that volume of Game Comics by other artists. More on that tomorrow!

Thank you for posting these, they're super cute and just the right level of silly

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Lavender Jack

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Hyouge Mono Ceremony 56: God Save the Oribe

Looks like the tournament is not quite over.

The Dragon, the Hero and the Courier Episode 29.5: The Story of Her Awakening

Man, Wolriff's a bit of a dick isn't he?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Kill Six Billion Demons

Alt: i told you, she is extremely committed to the bit

quote:

“Oh aye, you’ve fought many a doughty warrior. Monks vested in shimmering atum, warriors wielding caraptine plate and dragonbone swords. Do you think you’d last one second against a real immortal?”

– Graves, Belligerent Knight

Alt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyknBTm_YyM

quote:

Danse Macabre

SOUBOUTEI
MUST
BE
DESTROYED

248 MILLION DOLLLARS
Weirdly specific number. Wonder if that's just the exchange rate for the original value in yen

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
God there are some good Gog expressions in that comic.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Kit Walker posted:

Kill Six Billion Demons

from the KSBD thread:

TwoPair posted:

It's the Gog-A-Gog Show!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Josef bugman posted:

God there are some good Gog expressions in that comic.

Third to last panel is channeling Brianne

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

from the KSBD thread:

lmao, that's so good

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Some fantastic edits in this page.

Kit Walker posted:

SOUBOUTEI
MUST
BE
DESTROYED

Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest... What is the charge? Drawing a house? A succulent Japanese house?

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Lunar Maladies

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
Sweetness And Lightning

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
With my tablet still out of commission, I'm looking for new ways to contribute to this thread. Here is a fun PYF COMICS WORD-SEARCH. See if you can find the names of three comics! As a fun bonus extra feature, the remaining letters spell out what I say when reading a new Lavender Jack update!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I certainly go AAAAAAAAA over Nick And Lever and Tiger Tiger.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Finally found some time to finish the next page of this thing.

Otto & Ollie

Should have the next page of my other comic done soon as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

So many vowels in this thread :sweatdrop: