Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
lmfao he played "young Justin Bieber" in a music video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Holy poo poo some people are really tattling on themselves with these takes - man there are no good young actors these days better go watch episode 2,000 of ASIP and AMERICAN DAD to alleviate my increasing disconnection with relevant culture.

If you have a lovely uninformed opinion, expressing it with vapid confidence actually has the opposite effect.

Miss Lonelyhearts has issued a correction as of 22:09 on Feb 15, 2024

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

tristeham posted:

she can't act for poo poo. another loquacius L

amazing posting technique

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Miss Lonelyhearts posted:

If you have a lovely uninformed opinion, expressing it with vapid confidence actually has the opposite effect.

skill issue imo

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Weembles posted:

Guys - all of the actors I follow and all of the music I listen to is the same as when I was in my 20s.

When the same thing happened to my parents it just meant that they were old and out of touch - but this time it means that society has stalled and history has ended. Right? Guys.... right?

I have heard that pop music is effectively dead because nobody cares what's on the radio anymore and it's all about your individualized Spotify algorithm, which is why the most popular pop star is the one all the millennials liked when they were teens

new poo poo is no easier to listen to than old poo poo because it's all just Internet and so on

but I dunno whether believing this is self-indulgent boomer poo poo on my part

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the milk machine posted:

skill issue imo

Yup.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I hate to pile on because I do think that at least SOME of this is self-serving boomer poo poo, but, yeah, expressing your lovely uninformed opinions with vapid confidence is actually the only way to do it

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

loquacius posted:

I hate to pile on because I do think that at least SOME of this is self-serving boomer poo poo, but, yeah, expressing your lovely uninformed opinions with vapid confidence is actually the only way to do it

it's the american way

you do it well enough and they'll even make you president

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

People are also always saying that movie stars aren't being minted at the same rate these days because the over-corporatized media thinks they're too expensive and would rather put out Existing IP Sequel #247 starring a bunch of people they signed into forever contracts when they were complete unknowns, which is why the most famous people are all a little older due to having hit it big before things got this bad

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

it's the american way

you do it well enough and they'll even make you president

Ideally you should just say "another <person you're contradicting> L" so everyone knows you're winning

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

thats the entirety of this thread tho

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

well the days of actors are done anyway

I am not an AI booster by any loving stretch but this poo poo is otherworldly when it works

https://twitter.com/OpenAI/status/1758192965703647443?s=20

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

lovely uninformed opinions about pop cultrue from old rear end goons who pretend to recoil at the sight of a tiktok or a stream expressed with the utmost certainty

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

babypolis posted:

lovely uninformed opinions about pop cultrue from old rear end goons who pretend to recoil at the sight of a tiktok or a stream expressed with the utmost certainty

what is tiktok

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

well the days of actors are done anyway

I am not an AI booster by any loving stretch but this poo poo is otherworldly when it works

https://twitter.com/OpenAI/status/1758192965703647443?s=20

her legs do a little spin move at around 16 seconds

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

loquacius posted:

I have heard that pop music is effectively dead because nobody cares what's on the radio anymore and it's all about your individualized Spotify algorithm, which is why the most popular pop star is the one all the millennials liked when they were teens

new poo poo is no easier to listen to than old poo poo because it's all just Internet and so on

but I dunno whether believing this is self-indulgent boomer poo poo on my part

case in point

like yeah no one knows who taylor swift is. what in the goddamn hell

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

my lovely uninformed opinions are correct, is the thing

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Open Source Idiom posted:

Jacob Tremblay.

Edit: I know this probably looks like a joke, but that's the actual answer lol. You're welcome.

I don't know who this is so my mind went straight to John Paul Tremblay from Trailer Park Boys and I'm just going to roll with that.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

babypolis posted:

case in point

is this sarcastic or not, I literally can't tell

I dunno my daughter is 3, I'll let you know what she's listening to in 12 years

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
:gas:

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

babypolis posted:

case in point

Taylor swift is 34 years old lmao

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

american dad has maintained a consistent level of quality in that it's always been fuckin awful

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

Taylor swift is 34 years old lmao

what does that have to do anything. shes a popstar, she makes pop music, and every woman under the age of like 25 listens to her stuff

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

all these people not appreciating the cartoon on the level i do

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

babypolis posted:

what does that have to do anything. shes a popstar, she makes pop music, and every woman under the age of like 25 listens to her stuff

are you even following the discussion? she's been a "pop star" since she was 15 which was twenty years ago.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

babypolis posted:

her fan age bracket is like 24-44 imo

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

i say swears online posted:

her fan age bracket is like 24-44 imo

she is still hugely popular among children, today

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

babypolis posted:

I said she was the most popular pop star :confused:

Yes, young people still listen to her, that is in fact my point

we all need to settle down here

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

yeah i teach middle school and all the girls are swifties

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Star Trek.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

loquacius posted:

I said she was the most popular pop star :confused:

Yes, young people still listen to her, that is in fact my point

we all need to settle down here

yeah im being mean for no reason but to be fair this thread derserves it

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

She was already a pop star before Spotify took over and ruined pop music. Thus, she is still the most popular pop star and has not been taken down by a younger, hipper replacement yet despite having been on the scene for like five typical pop star lifetimes

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

she is still hugely popular among children, today

You'd think she'd be more popular around here then.

Nah memes. I don't listen to a lot of tunes, but when I chat about music with my mates (not often) it's a complete random mix of things. Lil Mix, Lil Darkie, Christ Dillinger, Honeymoan, BABii. I dunno how mainstream that is, probably not very given how insistent they are that i check them out, but feast on those Zoomer insights you ghouls.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I understand the timeline and reasons why, but it's still so odd to me that Taylor Swift was popular, then sort of popular, then S-Tier Super Star popular over the course of like twenty years.

It's hard to think of any analogues to this in any medium really.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

i dont buy the argument. yeah everone is off on their own algorithmic adventure sure but its also easier to access music than ever before. you can be listening to weird alternative stuff and still be one click away from a taylor swift song

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Nichael posted:

I understand the timeline and reasons why, but it's still so odd to me that Taylor Swift was popular, then sort of popular, then S-Tier Super Star popular over the course of like twenty years.

It's hard to think of any analogues to this in any medium really.

just like nobody becomes a billionaire alone or by accident
nobody becomes the most popular singer in the world alone or by accident

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

tobe nwingwe ftw

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

babypolis posted:

i dont buy the argument. yeah everone is off on their own algorithmic adventure sure but its also easier to access music than ever before. you can be listening to weird alternative stuff and still be one click away from a taylor swift song

this is correct! And she's the biggest musical act on the planet by far despite having been around for two decades (and decades typically have culture so different from each other you can dress up as one for Halloween and people can tell which one) and has not been replaced with a zoomer yet (she is a millennial as has been noted), because all the zoomer musicians are part of people's algorithmic adventures instead of being given the keys to the country by some record company or other

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

what about peso pluma. that guy is pretty drat famous and hes like 20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Actually, American Dad had the Taylor Swift trajectory.