Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

This better include the 4 hour cut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

This is actually the fifth Fantastic Four if you include the Funke musical adaptation.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
It's clobbering time again.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Cacator posted:

This better include the 4 hour cut

I can't imagine wanting to see more of that poo poo.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Despite being kinda mediocre this movie had some standout scenes, mostly when Napoleon is on the field or with his soldiers.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Simplex posted:

I can't imagine wanting to see more of that poo poo.

Says you. Give me another hour of horny gremlin Napoleon

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://twitter.com/strangeharbors/status/1758171386453844479?s=20

this is either going to be great or cringe

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

I want a version of that where RDJ plays other actors. Top right could be Kevin McCarthy in UHF and bottom right might be JK Simmons.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
At least RDJ's waiting until after the Oscars before pulling this poo poo. This is exactly the kind of thing that (likely) lost Eddie Murphy his Oscar.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

This guy's heard of Peter Sellers before, right?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Kirk Lazerus slummin it Jeff Portnoy style

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Now I want an all RDJ Fantastic Four movie...

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

live with fruit posted:

I'm getting Kevin McCarthy in "UHF" meets John Huston in "Winter Kills" from that second still.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Professor Shark posted:

I wonder if the third time will be the charm and THIS will be the F4 movie that the people will love

It's called The Incredibles

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Chairman Capone posted:

This is actually the fifth Fantastic Four if you include the Funke musical adaptation.

I forgot that there was actually a good version. I would watch a behind-the-scenes movie where they tried to make a good F4 movie

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

live with fruit posted:

Not to mention Alec Guinness

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Guessing this is The Sympathizer? (I can't see Twitter r/n)

This looks loving awesome. Park Chan Wook, Fernando Meirelles (Constant Gardener) and Marc Muiden (Utopia UK) on directing, that's gonna own.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://twitter.com/FilmUpdates/status/1758158780775231493

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
She’s lying. She’s never gonna watch that movie. Honestly, I don’t blame her.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Sony agrees to screen it for her, but only as part of a double feature with Morbius

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

FlamingLiberal posted:

Sony agrees to screen it for her, but only as part of a double feature with Morbius

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

It'd probably be a bigger favour if her contract stipulates she doesn't have to watch it

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Apparently, Anya Taylor-Joy has a special role in "Dune 2" that wasn't revealed until she showed up at the premiere dressed like a nun from "The Devils". Her role is said to be a huge spoiler for the film but a lot of speculation is that she plays Alia in some fashion, probably her grown self from "Dune Messiah"

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

These people 100% have blackmail on someone

https://twitter.com/mavericksmovies/status/1757470456058458198?s=46&t=BHs6Pl38GJXGN2Y4xeriNA

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I was assuming they were hollywood failsons who nepoed into the jobs but no. One of them has a dad that lost a couple local elections 20 years ago and teaches at UW Madison, the other seemingly has even less notable parents. They were hired to write a bunch of stuff that never happened before Dracula Unwatched like a Flash Gordon movie that never happened and a Night On Bald Mountain movie that hasn't happened, but there's nothing about student films, shorts, nothing.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I enjoy the absurdity of Gods of Egypt. It just has no shame whatsoever and I appreciate that.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Gods of Egypt was actually pretty fun, and I'll always give it credit for not doing a crappy de-mythologized retelling.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Baron von Eevl posted:

there's nothing about student films, shorts, nothing.

Matt Sazama was an editorial assistant on a couple of movies in the early 2000's (most notably The Master of Disguise), so it seems like at one point he was doing some entry level film industry gigs.

Maybe they've got a ton of uncredited script doctoring experience, so they end up on these awful movies because a good film wouldn't need their involvement.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Last Witch Hunter was a firmly alright movie

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Byzantine posted:

Gods of Egypt was actually pretty fun, and I'll always give it credit for not doing a crappy de-mythologized retelling.

It correctly portrayed Anubis as a good guy, as I recall.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Power Rangers was okay. Seems like a bunch of okay to mediocre movies then you get two what-the-fucks with Morbius and Madame Web.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The MSJ posted:

It correctly portrayed Anubis as a good guy, as I recall.
I can’t recall Anubis ever being depicted as a bad guy. Doesn’t really seem to get equated with Satan like Hades tends to.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Anubis is definitely a bad guy in Stargate TV shows

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

well why not posted:

Anubis is definitely a bad guy in Stargate TV shows

Hey, don't talk poo poo about your god, ya drat filthy Tau'ri. :argh:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Codependent Poster posted:

Power Rangers was okay. Seems like a bunch of okay to mediocre movies then you get two what-the-fucks with Morbius and Madame Web.

I mostly remember the writer of Chronicle saying he'd started out writing, well, a Power Rangers movie, and then when he saw it realised they'd turned it into Chronicle.

Casimir Radon posted:

I can’t recall Anubis ever being depicted as a bad guy. Doesn’t really seem to get equated with Satan like Hades tends to.

Yu-Gi-Oh! as well, it's not as common but still pretty much the 'god of death=evil' treatment in trashy fantasy media.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

That old mummies alive cartoon had anubis and sobek as their bebop and rocksteady

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Codependent Poster posted:

Wasn't Power Rangers also super loaded with bad product placement?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I didn’t really consider Stargate since they’re false gods in every sense of the word. Also I only saw some the episodes with Anubis while channel surfing. I didn’t make it that far when trying to watch the whole series. Now I have to start over because it’s been several years.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Casimir Radon posted:

I didn’t really consider Stargate since they’re false gods in every sense of the word.

What's with this thread and having so many drat heathens???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

Wasn't Power Rangers also super loaded with bad product placement?

Krispy Kreme fight scene