Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Didn't see that Chip finally finished Kingdom Hearts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6XmJdFMd5w
lol at the ending, he can't escape the Kingdom Hearts curse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

stillvisions posted:

Not exactly.

Zim and Gir were sent off to get rid of them and they're too stupid to get it. Basically Ark B of Hitchhiker's Guide.

So there's an incredibly incompetent invasion that was never expected to happen in the first place. It's still an invasion, but extra dumb, which I guess dovetails into "nobody notices" but also 100% ineffective.

Zims race by itself is just so hilariously fascinating. The tallest members lead the empire, but they're just figureheads.
And despite their leaderships general ridiculousness, they manage to conquer multiple galaxies regardless through sheer technological advantages.

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Fuzzy dice, bongos in the back
My ship of love is ready to attack

DeafNote posted:

Zims race by itself is just so hilariously fascinating. The tallest members lead the empire, but they're just figureheads.
And despite their leaderships general ridiculousness, they manage to conquer multiple galaxies regardless through sheer technological advantages.

Also how they don't seem to have a real end-goal with their ongoing imperial expansion. One of my favorite moments from the series is when The Tallest are celebrating the first successful conquest of Operation Impending Doom 2 and one of them realizes they have to think of something to use the newly conquered planet for and is just like "Now we erase the remaining organics on Blorch, paving the way for...I don't know, maybe a...parking structure planet?", which is hilarious both because the idea of an entire planet that just exists for people to park on is so wildly inefficient and because even the Irken leadership doesn't seem to have any idea as to why they're trying to conquer the galaxy anymore.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

DeafNote posted:

kind of like americans

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

KingKalamari posted:

which is hilarious both because the idea of an entire planet that just exists for people to park on is so wildly inefficient

And yet at the same time, 100% believable and not that far off from how actual parking gets zoned irl.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

stillvisions posted:

Not exactly.

Zim and Gir were sent off to get rid of them and they're too stupid to get it. Basically Ark B of Hitchhiker's Guide.

So there's an incredibly incompetent invasion that was never expected to happen in the first place. It's still an invasion, but extra dumb, which I guess dovetails into "nobody notices" but also 100% ineffective.

gaz knows what's going on but she correctly concludes everyone involved is too stupid for anything to actually happen

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
zim is smol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
my fvorite joke in zim is that theres an entire planet thats just nothing but fast food and greasy diners

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

stillvisions posted:

Not exactly.

Considering the Irken race establishes hierarchy by stature I think invasions are just a way to keep actually competent shorties from disrupting the status quo. Zim was an exception to this being genuinely incompetent.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
“YOU’RE UGLY WHEN YOU LIE!”

“I’m not lying!”

“THEN WHY ARE YOU UGLY?!”

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVxnTqAHw88

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
lol thinking about the pilot episode where they made fun of skoodge for being short and then zim comes in and is even shorter

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I didn't love Zim on rewatch but the organ harvesting episode was foundational for me watching it as a young child. led me to a lot of gloopy gross horror as a teenager.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah, i keep hearing its actually good, it just suffers from the marketing being loving awful. i liked soul too even if it was kinda aimless.
Elemental has got a few areas that are a bit underdeveloped but the core emotional/relationship stuff is good. Not their best but fine.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
every pixar movie is the exact same its time to shake things up... the next movie should be a rated r horror movie with some cool decapitations

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Invader Zim was a documentary

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Unperson_47 posted:

Invader Zim was a documentary

Don't be preposterous.

This is the worst timeline, there's no way we would be so lucky to have Poop cola.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Invader Zim was an allegory for how the military needs to be dismantled before it creates technology that even a moron could use to destroy the planet with. Do not be fooled by the 'animation' or it's 'rating' or 'the fans' much like posting on twitter, it is very important. It's part of the reason the war in Afghanistan ended and Kissinger was killed.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Elemental has got a few areas that are a bit underdeveloped but the core emotional/relationship stuff is good. Not their best but fine.
yea i thought it was a 3.5/5 movie, sweet and earnest in a way that disney films usually aren't. soul is still my favorite of their 2020s films though

it bothers me that they moved pixar's next original film out of 2024 so that they could release Inside Out 2 in 2024 instead, but again, Disney is extremely desperate for box office success right now

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Sad Elemental didn't have more fantasy racism into race war.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

for some reason 90% of elemental's marketing was tiktok clips of a child thats in two minutes of the movie hitting on the female lead

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

and also putting fake fire extinguishers in movie theaters which seems like an idea that should have got whoever thought of it immediately fired

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Endorph posted:

for some reason 90% of elemental's marketing was tiktok clips of a child thats in two minutes of the movie hitting on the female lead
you're gonna love elemental's CLOD. everyone loves CLOD. CLOD is your favorite. go see Pixar's CLOD this father's day weekend

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
The Twomad guy who OD'd was probably known by people here.

For this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVj-kKnLXB0

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Grondoth posted:

The Twomad guy who OD'd was probably known by people here.

For this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVj-kKnLXB0
is this how he died

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Endorph posted:

is this how he died

yeah

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
he died from oding on overwatch

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/pixarelemental/status/1666882790024187904

No racemixing
- fire girly
That was my intro to hearing of this film

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
He had some tig ol bitties

The dead guy not the kid from the Pixar movie

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Annointed posted:

https://twitter.com/pixarelemental/status/1666882790024187904

No racemixing
- fire girly
That was my intro to hearing of this film

the bit about him being all grown up now that he has flowers sprouting in his armpits is a nice gag.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

every pixar movie is the exact same its time to shake things up... the next movie should be a rated r horror movie with some cool decapitations

We can join “Pixar is stale and needs to innovate” chat to the “Zim is actually a deep critique of capitalism/society and not a goofy show meant for literal children” when Pixar announces their next project: A hard-R animated adaptation of Johnny the Homicidal Maniac. (Which, if you’ve read, will immediately make clear how much Invader Zim was Jhonen Vasquez trying to be as soft and mainstream as he could be.)

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Annointed posted:

Sad Elemental didn't have more fantasy racism into race war.

it was less fantasy racism and more fantasy immigration and generational differences.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

As long as he personally animates the happy noodle boy segments.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fel4WTp7cTc

ProZD's patreon did well and he is sticking around.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Good?

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
ProZ(chu)D

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Archer666 posted:

ProZ(chu)D

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

still waiting for the Pixar movie with the "In Water" ending

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

finding nemo, dummy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

What did Dory forget?