Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags
Playing Caution: Seaman with little ants crawling all over your hands would certainly be some kind of experience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

i had an apartment that crazy ant problems every summer. we were super diligent about not leaving food/crumbs out and they'd still be all over, not even in places where food would usually be. one time we went on a weekend trip for 2-3 days and i had to spend half an hour dustbustering my computer desk and threw out my mouse

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

he's right, you know

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

This is just not Ian Miles Cheong's week

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

more falafel please posted:

i had an apartment that crazy ant problems every summer. we were super diligent about not leaving food/crumbs out and they'd still be all over, not even in places where food would usually be. one time we went on a weekend trip for 2-3 days and i had to spend half an hour dustbustering my computer desk and threw out my mouse

Maybe it was just such a nice apartment that the ants wanted to live there, too.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

more falafel please posted:

Ants are attracted to cum

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

knew a dude while I was doing my master's who dropped out of his undergrad and then just kind of left town, and when his roommates went into his room to clear out his poo poo they found an ant colony living in a pile of his dirty laundry

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
feeding generations of mice on jackrags does that somehow get your DNA in there

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

feeding generations of mice on jackrags does that somehow get your DNA in there

Yeah how do you think they got that human ear on that mouse

ZixTheYeti
Jul 12, 2005

Hellarious!

Who got that Dreamcast full of mealworms from the SA Secret Santa? Because their gift is on lock for whoever gets them this year.

sporkstand
Jun 15, 2021
At my last job, the motor that was supposed to open our main entrance gate suddently stopped working one day. Opened it up and it was full of ants. drat ants killed the gate opener.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Videogame guy Brad Shoemaker had an old story about his router not working and when he looked at it he found it full of ants.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

We've been talking a lot of poo poo about Ian Miles Cheong but we should be careful in how we treat a man who wields such power

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Mate of mine had a zipdisc, and when he ejected the disc hundreds of tiny black ants came out. Good times.

Species funnily enough was Technomyrmex

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Sounds like those computers had a bug. :dadjoke:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Kit Walker posted:

Yeah how do you think they got that human ear on that mouse

are those human ears I thought they were just disks that were on sideways

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
I need to figure out what's up with my dreamcast, idk if the a/v port is borked on mine of its the cable I have so I should probably get another cable to test

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
https://x.com/tomwarren/status/1758203473881956689?s=20

When we can't even trust cat videos anymore the internet is lost...

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Leon Sumbitches posted:

This is just not Ian Miles Cheong's week

Wrong guy I'm pretty sure it's Arthur Chu. But yeah this was my immediate thought too lol

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Tarquinn posted:

There are already huge numbers of not-very-tech-literate people who are easily fooled by obviously fake images/videos, and this is just going to make it exponentially easier for malicious scammers and propagandists.

Doomed, doomed, we're doomed!

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
"Okay Dad, and this time count the arms."

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
As if you have never seen a cat with three front legs before. :colbert:

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
It's pissing into the wind but I seem to have developed a habit lately of telling people when they share obviously AI generated poo poo thinking it's real, like loads of content on Instagram with cosy looking cabins or interior decor that is all fake as gently caress but an easy way to farm clicks apparently

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Hyperreality is here to stay, long live the new flesh

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

I loving hate the future.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Detheros posted:

I loving hate the future.

It’s a nightmare hellscape for sure

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Most people would love having such a supportive significant other

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

That superstructure is always there for you.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

By popular demand posted:

That superstructure is always there for you.

Well if it's not there for you, then you probably have more to worry about than your true love running away. ...or you know, possible not if you were in the building when your true love left, as you know you might not be worrying about anything any more.

Probably a good reason not to date load barring structures of buildings your currently occupying actually.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

The structure will bear many loads

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

"Diaphonized Chameleon Fetuses"

looks like baby Sleestak

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Scratch Monkey posted:

"Diaphonized Chameleon Fetuses"

looks like baby Sleestak

I killed a lot of those in Contra

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Tarquinn posted:

https://x.com/tomwarren/status/1758203473881956689?s=20

I love it when my shoulder morphs into my comforter, which also has a hole in it for my hand to fit through. It distracts from my mouth and cheek going all Gumby for a moment before my nostril gets big enough to park an East German automobile in.

MSPain
Jul 14, 2006
look at the way the cat moves its hand up to the persons face and then... moves the same hand to the same place again. there's something extra unsettling about these uncanny valley ai glitches when they are in motion

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Yeah, the cat video is still obviously AI. The thing that worries me though is the speed at which its improving. Like, a year ago we had "Will Smith is fully made of clay as his face distorts and melts into the pasta he is devouring." Now that cat video is decent enough that it'll pass the squint test if, for example, you see it while quickly scrolling through twitter or instagram or whatever. The only thing I really see limiting potential improvement is that the models used will decay as they start using AI video as training material.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

That cat video has nothing on the jolly pumpkin farmer.

https://i.imgur.com/c4LWjge.mp4

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Cartoon Man posted:

Tom Bombadil

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

Cartoon Man posted:

punkin chunkin has gotten bizarre huh

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Cartoon Man posted:

this is how baby stars are made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Spazzle posted:

Tom Bombadil

Unironically better. Just chuckling to himself as he haphazardly morphs Old Man Willow into a flaming pumpkin pile. Weren't Merry and Pippin in there? Never you mind, come along with jolly Tom Pumpkidillo!