Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Spider-Man is so exclusive that failed GaaS game Marvel's Avengers had Spider-Man playable exclusively on PlayStation.

That said, Spider-Man 1 and Miles Morales are on PC, and I presume Spider-Man 2 will show up eventually too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Exclusives are weird because we went from the SNES and Sega generation being either one library or the other, and now exclusives are like, what, six games/series you can get on one and not the other? Like there's smaller exclusive third party titles but they aren't exactly gonna sway anybody.

I guess for some people one of those six games is, like, the game they really really want to play. If none are tho then the idea of exclusives becomes kind of pointless.

Anyway, just checking in to verify that Xbox died and Phil Spencer pissed on the logo representating the grave and when can I expect the bricking update

Edit: also exclusives seems like a weird term in general now because you have to ignore PC versions because they don't count I guess?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Game pass core sucks rear end. I assumed it would at least have all the first party titles but lol, it gives you garbage like halo 5 and a smattering of mid poo poo

90sgamer
Jun 28, 2023
fuck off worms butthole guy!!!
PlayStation? More like welfarestation because Microsoft has to provide them games

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Still find it weird Xbox went with Blade for a Marvel game rather than Hulk since he's huge and green

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

SUNKOS posted:

Still find it weird Xbox went with Blade for a Marvel game rather than Hulk since he's huge and green

The XSX is black and mysterious

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Now that they got Pentiment can we have Helldivers on Xbox pls

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Also both of their third entries were poo poo

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

univbee posted:

Spider-Man is so exclusive that failed GaaS game Marvel's Avengers had Spider-Man playable exclusively on PlayStation.

That said, Spider-Man 1 and Miles Morales are on PC, and I presume Spider-Man 2 will show up eventually too.

I think Spidey 2 for PC was part of the huge Insomniac leak a few weeks ago

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Timdog is no more. His name is now Reek.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

I said come in! posted:

https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1758244379427226003

Wasn't it around 25 million a year ago? This is really good growth right?

Thanks for reminding me I need to cancel Game Pass Core

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

syntaxfunction posted:

Edit: also exclusives seems like a weird term in general now because you have to ignore PC versions because they don't count I guess?

Well it's kind of a given that Xbox games are on PC so I think they just mean console exclusive, even if they don't explicitly say so.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Tell me about the goddamn handheld. Its what Ive wanted since you announced the S

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Barudak posted:

Tell me about the goddamn handheld. Its what Ive wanted since you announced the S

were the mini-fridges not enough?!?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Barudak posted:

The Verge interview says the current effort is the Xbox team working with the Windows team to "improve the experience" on handheld PCs like the ROG Ally.

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Spider-Man is sony royalty

Oh poo poo yeah I forget that Sony, the company that sold me a machine for playing JRPGs, is also Sony, the people who made Madame Web. Wild.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Barudak posted:

its called the xbitch, a direct competitor to the switch

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

syntaxfunction posted:

Exclusives are weird because we went from the SNES and Sega generation being either one library or the other

We should get rid of exclusives, but bring back games having weird differences between platforms, like one version with dog poo poo music or whatever, or one of them is just a 2D side scrolling version of the same game.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Space Jam posted:

its called the xbitch, a direct competitor to the switch

Finally, a console that fits in with my dog breeding hobby.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Reciting this into the mirror like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Gqwi7Y96sk

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Who is Timdog? I looked up the name and just got some rapper.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Timdog is the friends we made along the way.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Lammasu posted:

Who is Timdog? I looked up the name and just got some rapper.

Idk what's timdog with u

90sgamer
Jun 28, 2023
I just found out Tim dog is a 66 year old man?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I miss when all gamers were united against Stadia.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Do you guys read this as new hardware coming out this holiday or being announced this holiday. I know the rumored PS5 pro is supposed to be this holiday so it would be interesting if they have something ready to counter it. Really wasn't expecting something this soon.

https://x.com/Xbox/status/1758220204272927087?s=20

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Wiltsghost posted:

Do you guys read this as new hardware coming out this holiday or being announced this holiday. I know the rumored PS5 pro is supposed to be this holiday so it would be interesting if they have something ready to counter it. Really wasn't expecting something this soon.

what about the other Diablo games with the demon tiddies?

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Wiltsghost posted:

Introducing the Xbox Series S Lite

90sgamer
Jun 28, 2023

Wiltsghost posted:

It’s both. He said in the video that they would announce new hardware this winter and the new products/controllers is probably a slimmed down or all digital version of the X that will release this year.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

can’t wait for the Xbox Series X S

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Wiltsghost posted:

It's almost certainly this from the accidentally posted court documents. From those docs we also know there shouldn't be a mid-gen Pro refresh.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Excited for the new controller.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Pants controller

lostleaf
Jul 12, 2009

Pinterest Mom posted:

It's almost certainly this from the accidentally posted court documents. From those docs we also know there shouldn't be a mid-gen Pro refresh.

Does accelerometer mean they'll finally support gyro?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

lostleaf posted:

Does accelerometer mean they'll finally support gyro?

yes that controller is actually dipped in tzatziki

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
I hope the recharger is better because the current one sucks.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Y'all I found the exclusive leak of the new Xbox portable! Apparently it'll be called the Xbox Series X One Pro(table)

Looking pretty schmick I say!

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Oh man now I'm mad they didn't name the mini-fridge the Xbox Series X Potable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

I said come in! posted:

Excited for the new controller.