Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
-Senctolic stem cells
-Dizlocttal stem ells
-Rat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )
The academic publishing system is a big ol' scam, people submit all kinds of nonsense, most of it goes undetected

That's a big old rat dong though, kinda hard to miss

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.
If you read the labels you'll find it's a Dissliced.

This sort of thing happens way too often. There have been published papers with photos that were literally copy-pasted or poorly photoshopped, and not caught by peer-reviewers. You'd think someone would notice that the captions were gibberish and the rat was a body horror abomination though...

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Chewbecca posted:

The academic publishing system is a big ol' scam, people submit all kinds of nonsense, most of it goes undetected

Unfortunately the AI they chose was trained largely on furaffinity.net. D'oh! Rookie mistake

The Killing Jelq
Jun 13, 2012

ScienceSeagull posted:

If you read the labels you'll find it's a Dissliced.

This sort of thing happens way too often. There have been published papers with photos that were literally copy-pasted or poorly photoshopped, and not caught by peer-reviewers. You'd think someone would notice that the captions were gibberish and the rat was a body horror abomination though...

Yeah, I wonder if they had all of the figures at the end of the manuscript and the reviewers didn’t even glance at them.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Chewbecca posted:

Yeah the publisher which accepted the article in questions publishes over 200 journals and has a long long list of cited issues with their peer review processes (apparently their acceptance rate is over 90%), were included in a list of possible predatory publishers,and have pulled a whole bunch of shady poo poo
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frontiers_Media#Controversies

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
My derpy group of AI art dorks are using "Dissliced" to refer to bad AI art now.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://x.com/coreybrickley/status/1758356496629338336?s=46&t=CBKJcBX0BD3U5HgUdsqBtw

ScreenDoorThrillr
Jun 23, 2023

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Yeah the publisher which accepted the article in questions publishes over 200 journals and has a long long list of cited issues with their peer review processes (apparently their acceptance rate is over 90%), were included in a list of possible predatory publishers,and have pulled a whole bunch of shady poo poo
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frontiers_Media#Controversies

ah, so the same as every 'fake paper accepted' scandal ever

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

ScreenDoorThrillr posted:

ah, so the same as every 'fake paper accepted' scandal ever

The AI-generated rat cock is new.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

I don't know what's creepier, the body horror straight out of The Thing or the people worshipping it.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/allahliker/status/1758835825507545220?t=T0_NLkcMObgZMTHQNKSVtQ&s=19

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

what's his podcast

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Given that Nitter is officially dead can people please post screenshots of twitter stuff, especially of any fun replies since those are 100% invisible without an account now.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/feb/16/air-canada-chatbot-lawsuit

Good news, if AI chatbots make poo poo up, it's binding!

Less lovely AI art and more unexpectedly good AI customer support.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Tunicate posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/feb/16/air-canada-chatbot-lawsuit

Good news, if AI chatbots make poo poo up, it's binding!

Less lovely AI art and more unexpectedly good AI customer support.

lmao

quote:

Air Canada came under further criticism for later attempting to distance itself from the error by claiming that the bot was “responsible for its own actions”.

You have to wonder if this is just a flimsy excuse or if they actually believe this.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Fister Roboto posted:

You have to wonder if this is just a flimsy excuse or if they actually believe this.
Hey if corporations are people, why not AI chatbots?

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
It's not even a joke.

What if Target had a Steak n Shake?? What if Best Buy had a KFC???

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Some Home Depots already have hot dog stands in them

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Our Home Depot had a Subway.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Great idea so when people itching for a fight they can just head over to hand tools and bring back some hammers and hatchets, really make things interesting. You know because waffle house battles aren't crazy enough

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
https://twitter.com/Pismo_B/status/1759300463982494174

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Is this from that paper that got published with the giant rat dick

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Baby, tonight I'm gonna meeef your chowder hole so hard you're gonna flanp.

ScreenDoorThrillr
Jun 23, 2023

seems like a fairly typical metric hole chart?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Beeof: it's what's for dinner

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

this is actually good ai art.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
We have both new york and boston style chowdah

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Hahahahahahaha Jesus Christ. The reveal actually made me burst out laughing.

That's "Shadiversity", right? The HEMA guy with poo poo views about...everything. Why am I not surprised.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Roblo posted:

Hahahahahahaha Jesus Christ. The reveal actually made me burst out laughing.

That's "Shadiversity", right? The HEMA guy with poo poo views about...everything. Why am I not surprised.

Yeah he's a Musk stan who constantly complains about everything being woke, especially Disney and the MCU (which he calls the M-She-U)

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Spending hours carefully shepherding Midjourney into creating epic Teen Girl Squad x Trogdor crossover battle fanart, sighing at the computer making Cheerleader insufficiently Aryan

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Hear me out. What if we had a katana handle with a broadsword blade

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

What if they fought in a combination cathedral/basketball court?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
What if her right leg had detached from her pelvis and was about to fall out the bottom of her skirt?

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
An additional reminder that he brought his cool for-real artist brother on a stream and browbeat him into saying he was a good artist, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.