Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Well, I ended up going with a Rupture team cause I had like 40 pride resources so I could spam Dimension Shredder to help keep Rupture up and once it got to 99 it was over for it. 73 turns total, with only 5 on the final boss.

Had to use quite a few resources but a)what other content is there that requires dumping resources and b)it's MDH, and now I'd say I can run a Rupture team for it so that's one less normal run I have to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Wishing cairn seems nice enough?
Quixote is usually fast, so the 2 paralyze is welcome. +4 Bleed Count is decently respectable too.
Poise/Count on enemy defeat is what it is; might see use in solo Quixote runs.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Arcanuse posted:

Wishing cairn seems nice enough?
Quixote is usually fast, so the 2 paralyze is welcome. +4 Bleed Count is decently respectable too.
Poise/Count on enemy defeat is what it is; might see use in solo Quixote runs.

I did say it depends entirely on how big that Count is and +4 is like the minimum it would take to make the cut. Good EGO. Don could still use a real Bleed ID but whatever +4 count on demand helps that team a lot since their Big Count Boy is so awkward.

as for MD3's final boss I did it in 8 turns with Burn, probably could have done it faster but I wasn't used to dark flame(and also somehow didn't realize that S3 applied it)

e: don't forget the golden rule though everyone: never roll for EGO

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Meursault gets the Bamboo Hat Kim ID!

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Will we finally get the mythical Meursault DPS ID? :eyepop:

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

Lt. Lizard posted:

Will we finally get the mythical Meursault DPS ID? :eyepop:

Only on his counter, so he's still getting beat up.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

e2: hm. Cairn had me thinking it would be Don for synergy reasons.

Arcanuse fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Feb 15, 2024

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Arcanuse posted:

e2: hm. Cairn had me thinking it would be Don for synergy reasons.

She could get the OO.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Here's hoping S3 is Yield My Flesh and his counter is To Claim Their Bones, as is proper.

Also hoping he's bleed/poise with Envy/Pride/Gloom. Ideally his counter would normally be Pride then turn to Envy when To Claim Their Bones is ready.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
I would not have guessed for Mersault getting BHK... though the skill's name does line up with his strategy. I could totally see him tanking a sword through the gut just to manage to grab the enemy a la Kenpachi.

KobunFan fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Feb 15, 2024

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
I downloaded Basemod for lobcorp because I wanted to download that Chesed fix mod and I noticed that I don't get Hod's portrait or dialogue for expanding her department anymore. Is that because I reset to day 1 (to make her suppression easier by making sure there weren't a lot of dangerous abnos that breach when clerks die) or because I downloaded the mods?

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat

hostess with the Moltres posted:

I downloaded Basemod for lobcorp because I wanted to download that Chesed fix mod and I noticed that I don't get Hod's portrait or dialogue for expanding her department anymore. Is that because I reset to day 1 (to make her suppression easier by making sure there weren't a lot of dangerous abnos that breach when clerks die) or because I downloaded the mods?

If a core suppression is available but not yet complete the Sephirah in question won't have any dialogue notices until you finish it.

CountDuckoo
Jul 27, 2022

hostess with the Moltres posted:

Have you done Hod's suppression yet? If a suppression has been unlocked, that Sephirah doesn't announce stuff any more until that suppression is done.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Junpei posted:

Meursault gets the Bamboo Hat Kim ID!

given how cursed meur's 000s tend to be this doesn't bode well

or bodes extremely well since kim is jank in general

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

Yinlock posted:

given how cursed meur's 000s tend to be this doesn't bode well

or bodes extremely well since kim is jank in general

When Salt jank meets Kim jank, jank will reign!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
meursault has one and a half good ids (both charge lol) and also an ID that has burn

bleedsault would be pretty interesting and also might not squeeze into the already good bleed team. at least it would have a useful passive

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
MidSault is good, because he enables and strengthens Envy Res teams with passive SP regen on Don, Envy Power and Damage up, and being able to contribute his Counter

VinnyDonuts
Oct 4, 2013

:lobcorp:
I'm interested to see his Sin affinities, as well as what his s1 does. Blade Lineage IDs have thus far universally been Poise-focused (even if they're mediocre at it because they're utterly incapable of getting good Counts) and have Pride skills, with BL Sinclair having a splash of bleed. If Bamboo-Hatted Saltman is even passable, then he could fit very well into a Pequod team.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
Salty having an ID that can do better then middling would be a welcome change, since he’s got amazing egos but is an absolute load to drag around. He really needs to get Regret off to get his better ID to the lofty heights of “usable”, so bucking that trend would be a nice change of pace

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Onehandclapping posted:

Salty having an ID that can do better then middling would be a welcome change, since he’s got amazing egos but is an absolute load to drag around. He really needs to get Regret off to get his better ID to the lofty heights of “usable”, so bucking that trend would be a nice change of pace

otoh is it really Meursault if he isn't the king of Existing

as a meursault 000 it's likely gonna be fairly mediocre but durable, with some really weird mechanic that doesn't work or is insanely awkward to use

e:

Junpei posted:

MidSault is good, because he enables and strengthens Envy Res teams with passive SP regen on Don, Envy Power and Damage up, and being able to contribute his Counter

Meursault's 00s tend to be alright, I don't think he has a bad one anyway(if only because Burn has a serious ID shortage). It's his 000s that get Weird

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Feb 16, 2024

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
Hey, there is a new identity-boss interaction. Bringing CapIsh to Ahab's boss fight makes them both get super smug and gives Ish her SP heal every round.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Junpei posted:

how'd I forget him, I run him *on* my bleed team

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I think we also need to consider that there are bad in-combat IDs with useful support passives.

Blade Lineage Outis is kinda anemic, but her passive is perfectly solid as a damage boost for the home stretch of a fight. Zwei Sinclair and base Meursault have useful damage reduction passives, base Yi Sang makes ego-spam less SP intensive, Rodion has a really good damage boost that's in a situation you want, Gregor has three backline healing passives that support off of different Sins, etc.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Not every ID needs to be good in-combat, but there really isn’t a Meursault that feels like a centerpiece of a team, and I think that’s kind of a shame.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

The Lord of Hats posted:

Not every ID needs to be good in-combat, but there really isn’t a Meursault that feels like a centerpiece of a team, and I think that’s kind of a shame.

N Corp Meursault is the closest and even then he's playing third fiddle to Faust and Sinclair outside the fact he's the only N Corp Identity that can take a hit worth a drat. Which Nclair also can do anyway.

Part of it is thematic, Meursault is a workhorse not a showpony. He does the job he is given competently and without complaint, but doesn't ever attempt to stand out. BHK is probably the first identity where he should stand out in terms of what he gets.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I noticed that Outis tends to have really good support passives, like none of them are duds:

LCB: solid damage boost
G Corp: A little random, but giving someone Attack Power Up is always nice
Blade Lineage: late-fight damage boos, nice
Seven: You always want to be hitting weaknesses, this makes it better
Molar: Molar Ish and Tree Sang get to do their things faster, nice
Magic Bullet: EGO boosting is cool and good
Cinq: Makes other Cinq IDs better, which given Don and Sinclair are both winners, is very good to do

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Junpei posted:

I noticed that Outis tends to have really good support passives, like none of them are duds:

LCB: solid damage boost
G Corp: A little random, but giving someone Attack Power Up is always nice
Blade Lineage: late-fight damage boos, nice
Seven: You always want to be hitting weaknesses, this makes it better
Molar: Molar Ish and Tree Sang get to do their things faster, nice
Magic Bullet: EGO boosting is cool and good
Cinq: Makes other Cinq IDs better, which given Don and Sinclair are both winners, is very good to do

Odysseus sure is an excellent tactician and support strategist yes.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Lord_Magmar posted:

N Corp Meursault is the closest and even then he's playing third fiddle to Faust and Sinclair outside the fact he's the only N Corp Identity that can take a hit worth a drat. Which Nclair also can do anyway.

Part of it is thematic, Meursault is a workhorse not a showpony. He does the job he is given competently and without complaint, but doesn't ever attempt to stand out. BHK is probably the first identity where he should stand out in terms of what he gets.

This is one of the places where each sinner having a rough mechanical niche runs into the limitations of gachas and encounter design.

All the sinners having themes is something you've probably noticed already. Hong Lu builds his sanity/character-specific resources up fast and basically goes from highroll to highroll to win fights, Ryoshu has a lot of big fancy super-attacks as her third skill, Heathcliff is self-destructively aggressive, and so on. And then you turn to the two most reliably mediocre characters, Gregor and Meursault. Gregor is a cockroach that never quite dies, and Meursault is the reliable tanky backbone for your team's gimmick. If this was a straight-up RPG those gimmicks would probably still be the worst, those concepts tend towards character designs that are kind of dull if you aren't careful, but you could design fights in a way where they're still a satisfying part of the team. But then you get to the kinds of characters gacha games incentivize.

The thing about gacha games is that they want you to log in every day to grind, and that means players are going to want to do their daily grinding as fast as possible. That means characters whose class identities are fast like Hong Lu and Ryoshu and so on are going to get IDs that fit really well into that gameplay structure. It also means Gregor slowly limping along forever and Meursault slowly tanking and applying synergistic effects other party members can exploit are never going to be amazing because players are always going to want to go faster than what they're tuned for, and that's not going to change unless Project Moon can figure out a different mechanical flavor for them.

(To be fair, Limbus' focus on content like weird story fights and Refraction Railway does mean there's more room for that kind of mechanical identity to be useful. If Meursault or Gregor had good IDs that weren't powercrept Season 1 identities, you could see how they'd fit into something like the Pequod Crew fight. But at the end of the day, you do those fights once and you grind every day for the rest of your life.)

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Hopefully, Bamboo Hatted Kim's gimmick of deliberately losing a hard-to-lose clash to activate his retributive super counter attack finally lets Meursault's niche be functional.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

For what it's worth, when I did Pequod Crew Pre-Nerf N Corp Meursault is the only reason I made it out the other side, because I could use him to safely eat Ahab's one-sided attacks. But that's partially because I've uptie 4'd and put xp into the N Corp 6 far beyond reasonable because I want to run them forever.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Oh yeah like, you absolutely need a tank in your crew these days with how the fight design is progressing.

The issue is that there are better tanks with better numbers. We probably wouldn't be having this discussion is K Corp Hong Lu was actually K Corp Meursault, for example. R Corp Meursault is currently his best ID, and it needs Regret up to actually be worthwhile.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0i7t1md2MsY

The trailer for the next event drops in about 3 hours.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

2 week delay on Season 4.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Junpei posted:

2 week delay on Season 4.

"A rushed game is forever bad", as the saying goes. Go ProjMoon go

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I would be more surprised if the new Season dropped exactly on time. At this point, delays are kinda expected... :v:

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
"Me and the team"

I believe you mean "The team and I." :colbert:

aaaaanyways i'm just going to call this unsurprising.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Well, that was something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0i7t1md2MsY

FOUR new IDs, 00 Blade Lineage Don, 000 Blade Lineage Faust, 00 Kurokumo Greg and 000 Bamboo Hatted Salt.

Meursault looks incredible. 2 hit S1, 3 hit S2, 1 hit S3, and TO CLAIM THEIR BONES is a four hit counter. We eatin' good tonight Regretbros.

Also a whole bunch of 1st anniversary stuff, including an Angela announcer.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Feb 16, 2024

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023
Four IDs for this event, huh? That's surprising. And I didn't expect the sword hobos to be tied to S Corp.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

GilliamYaeger posted:

Well, that was something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkcbeMnLc40

FOUR new IDs, 00 Blade Lineage Don, 000 Blade Lineage Faust, 00 Kurokumo Greg and 000 Bamboo Hatted Salt.

Meursault looks incredible. 2 hit S1, 3 hit S2, 1 hit S3, and TO CLAIM THEIR BONES is a four hit counter. We eatin' good tonight Regretbros.

Also a whole bunch of 1st anniversary stuff, including an Angela announcer.

Your link is broken, and goes to some weird science thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Lord_Magmar posted:

Your link is broken, and goes to some weird science thing.
Oh whoops lol. I'd copied that link for a discussion on future archaeologists analyzing memes.